P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NIRVANA 2002 89-91 CD/Vinyl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEATHFEAST

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The minutia and details presented in these posts are something only for "scene geeks" to debate and analyze. There is nothing of value to be found.
DEATHFEAST

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/url][/quote]

Is that someone here?? If that OCD-riddled spaz is the face of the MySpace generation's old school death metal enthusiast, then I should just sell my collection right now and get serious with my golf game, because labels are doing nothing but casting pearls before swine.[/quote]

THANK YOU.
Lutfor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sztorm75 wrote:
Lutfor wrote:

I talked to the vocalist a while ago, and he too things the MLP was better.

Black_fire? is it you?

What? Who the hell is that? I'm interviewing David Brink for the guys in Swallowed. They're doing a zine.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brown growth wrote:
dalecooper wrote:

Also, looks like Necroharmonic is doing the Interment demo CD really soon, if their news page is to be believed - no date, but Roy likes to just slip things out like he did with Crematory. So keep an eye out for that.

Yeah, hopefully he doesn't fuck it up and make it sound like complete ass dribble again this time like he did with the Crematory demos.

Good news about the Nirvana 2002 LP though.

you can blame daryl kahan for the terrible sound. Most likely fuck the lp sound up too.

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:

you can blame daryl kahan for the terrible sound. Most likely fuck the lp sound up too.

If that's true I hope they keep him far away from the Interment and Exhumed/Mastication releases. (edit - since there seems to be a flame war on the horizon, I want to underline that I don't know Daryl and have no personal knowledge of his mastering abilities, good or ill...)

Last edited by dalecooper on Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roy - I understand there's a lot of bitching around here, but some of it is legitimate. You have to develop thick skin if you're going to set foot on a board full of collectors. Bear in mind that despite the whining (some justified and some totally not), many of these are the hardcore faithful that snap up many of your releases in multiple formats. More than a few people around here will end up owning the Crematory release on both CD and vinyl despite their reservations.

Roy Necroharmonic wrote:

We are interested to spread good music to fans like myself like old demo bands , and such , but I have noticed the so called " Fans " who have 10 of our bands on their myspace are the 1st ones to cry about every detail or every releases down to the last typo.. do you guys even like music or just social babble like cackling women on these forums.

To be fair, we spend more money on this stuff than anybody else. When someone is buying twenty-plus CDs or LPs a month from underground labels, you can figure that their standards are going to be a little higher than the norm. But ultimately I think if the sound is good everything else can usually slide, so that ought to be a good rule of thumb. I wouldn't care if the packaging was just the Denial art, a track list, and zero credits, so long as the CD sounded as good as possible. Now to be clear though, I think you did a VERY good job on the presentation here. Liner notes and original pics? Thumbs up. I just wish the demos sounded as good as the mp3s that were in circulation before. I think most people figure that if you're going to the original tapes for your source and doing some kind of "re-mastering," then the end product will sound at least as good as some random internet dude's tape rip... know what I mean?

The Metal Archives review was out of line, but there's no argument that at least two of the demos on this CD don't sound very good. One of them is horribly imbalanced and too quiet in one stereo channel, and another has much less low end than the old tape. That's frustrating to people who love those demos - I would think including you.

Roy Necroharmonic wrote:

sad shit man....mistakes can happen....if you dont buy or future releases I understand....

Mistakes do happen, and that's alright. I just hope the next couple releases (which I WILL be buying, by the way) are better-sounding, because I think the songs and the bands deserve it. I also hope the Crematory LP comes from different masters, and if it sounds good I'll be buying that too. Don't lose faith just because of some complaints. Many of us who complained have good intentions, I think, and aren't trying to bitch just for its own sake.
darksymphonies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEATHFEAST wrote:
Minge - the crypt? I think a Maudlin of the Well limited edition LP is coming out soon - you love that. Deny Trends!!!
HA! Now way. I plan on selling all the maudlin rights back to the band as they are interested, and the masters are just collecting dust with me. I've actually had some talks already with Morpheus (Swe) but nothing solid yet. Will post news in and when there is any regarding it.
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
darksymphonies

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
i wish THE crypt were doing these releases....they deserve somethig special. not a half assed attempt.

And morpheus aint that great..son if hypnos is very average
I'm trying. Talking to the band now, still waiting for some solid news.
http://www.darksymphonies.com
Twitter: @darksymphonies

~ DARKAGEPRODUCTIONS ~ The New Home Of Tom Sullivan's The BOOK Of The DEAD
http://www.darkageproductions.com
Uncolored

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:

To be fair, we spend more money on this stuff than anybody else. When someone is buying twenty-plus CDs or LPs a month from underground labels, you can figure that their standards are going to be a little higher than the norm.

that's the point and I totally agree!
I was disappointed by the sound of crematory demo cd too and I surely won't purchase the vinyl (I already got the mbr release and my tapetrading copies of the demos still sound very good)
not that I ever expected this kinda release but...
I spoke with urban in 2004 at the last ever nasum show and I remember he was totally uninterested (and almost pissed) to my questions about crematory days

back on topic the nirvana 2002 cd won't disappoint anyone soundwise! especially the promo 91 which is imho a total blast!

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Roy Necroharmonic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand some of your points Dale Cooper. ( aka ....)
Roy Necroharmonic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh I cant wait for Nirvana 2002 either.... killer band...!!!
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Necroharmonic wrote:
I understand some of your points Dale Cooper. ( aka ....)

Thanks man, you're a good guy in my book. Looking forward to that Interment release! Somebody else around here made the point that you were releasing old school death metal for years when it was completely untrendy, and anybody that was doing that deserves support IMO.
Profaned_Exhumating_Flesh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy Necroharmonic wrote:
yeh I cant wait for Nirvana 2002 either.... killer band...!!!

Roy is a cool guy i will buy all your next releases!!!
minge-eater

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEATHFEAST wrote:
Minge - the crypt? I think a Maudlin of the Well limited edition LP is coming out soon - you love that. Deny Trends!!!

well lets face it..at least hes not a rip off.........unlike you. DENY RIP OFFS.

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
HotBlack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Somebody else around here made the point that you were releasing old school death metal for years when it was completely untrendy, and anybody that was doing that deserves support IMO.

+1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: