P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Question about early Venom:
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wraith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Question about early Venom: Reply with quote

I am confused about the three "demo-tracks" on Venom's "In Memorium", in particular "Angel Dust", "Raise the Dead" and "Red Light Fever". As stated in the booklet, these songs were the first that Cronos, Mantas and Abaddon recorded together. And there is nowhere a note that they were released anywhere:

But the internet tells a different story: There was a vocalist called Clive Archer in the early days and these three tracks were released as a demo called "Demon" with Archer on vocals, so the 7" In League with Satan" should have been the first recordings with Cronos' vocals.

For me, the voice on this early songs sounds like Cronos, but I am not that sure. Anyone got a clue about this? Thanks in advance, because this question is haunting me and gives me sleepless nights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZbUTCXh6uI
Kojiri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clive Archer is actually one of Kanwulf's pseudonyms. He started Venom.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
Wraith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jokes are getting better if you tell them twice, I know. Wink
Disgusting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here you can find all the informations about the venom line up and how cronos became the vocalist:

http://venomcollector.com/info2.cfm?info_id=61310
Wraith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanx! So it was Clive Archer, my whole Venom-universe just collapsed.
Argentum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing in memorium comp reminded me a question I always had from that comp. There's a track there that I like a lot (Nothing Sacred) but never seen in some other release. Was it exclusively recorded for the comp?
Wraith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I remember, it was an unreleased song from the "Calm before the Storm"-sessions. Great song, indeed.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disgusting wrote:
here you can find all the informations about the venom line up and how cronos became the vocalist:

http://venomcollector.com/info2.cfm?info_id=61310

very entertaining read...thanks for the link!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Argentum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
As far as I remember, it was an unreleased song from the "Calm before the Storm"-sessions. Great song, indeed.

Aaahhh thanks alot! That track surely deserved to be on that album! It's far better than other tracks of this album!
STI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argentum wrote:
Wraith wrote:

Aaahhh thanks alot! That track surely deserved to be on that album! It's far better than other tracks of this album!

Nope! Nothing Sacred together with the different version of Under a Spell on the In Memorium-CD were taken from the unreleased Bloodline-Sessions with Mantas on guitar. The old version Of Under a Spell beats the one on Calm before the Storm totally!!!
Wraith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STI wrote:

Nope! Nothing Sacred together with the different version of Under a Spell on the In Memorium-CD were taken from the unreleased Bloodline-Sessions with Mantas on guitar. The old version Of Under a Spell beats the one on Calm before the Storm totally!!!

Ok, I have to check that booklet out again. And yes, this version is much better!
Wraith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STI wrote:

Venom's In Memorium booklet wrote:
Unreleased track from "Calm Before the Storm" session

And the sessions you are talking about would have been called Deadline, not Bloodline. These songs were also featured on CBTS.

And if I am not completely deaf I hear there two guitars on these songs. And this doesn't sound like Mantas' guitarwork at all...
Professor Black

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool compilation, really the only Venom oddities set that you need.
STI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wraith wrote:
STI wrote:

Venom's In Memorium booklet wrote:
Unreleased track from "Calm Before the Storm" session

And the sessions you are talking about would have been called Deadline, not Bloodline. These songs were also featured on CBTS.

And if I am not completely deaf I hear there two guitars on these songs. And this doesn't sound like Mantas' guitarwork at all...

Allright, have not listened to it for years. Need to check both the sound and the booklet out again...
I always wondered how far the recordings for Deadline went... Any infos?
Was the The 50 Demo ever released either on a bootleg or some of those strange compilations btw?
Argentum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STI wrote:

Allright, have not listened to it for years. Need to check both the sound and the booklet out again...
I always wondered how far the recordings for Deadline went... Any infos?
Was the The 50 Demo ever released either on a bootleg or some of those strange compilations btw?

Checked my In memorium booklet after some years of checking it. It indeed mentions unreleased CBTS sessions songs. So it's just that I guess. As for the so-called deadline session maybe guys you are confusing it with the fact that CBTS was released also on Deadline records except for Filmtrax and Neat records? Metal is well known for having myths created Wink

STI: what's the 50 Demo you are referring to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: