P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

The Worst NWN release?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your least fav. NWN release?
Heathen Hoof 12"
13%
 13%  [ 8 ]
Terrorama "horrid efface" LP
37%
 37%  [ 23 ]
Erebus demos
24%
 24%  [ 15 ]
Black Goat CD
24%
 24%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 61

Author Message
Acid Orgy



Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 1319

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attic Snake wrote:
Why no mention release Von Goat?


Yeah, I think it's terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dronevil



Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 2062
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid Orgy wrote:
Attic Snake wrote:
Why no mention release Von Goat?


Yeah, I think it's terrible.


I quite like it, sounded like Greek BM on acid to me.

I think a lot of the hate came from all the dramas around the Von reunion. Or maybe people expected it to sound like old Von and ended up disappointed.
_________________
Taphephobia Productions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
blewcheer



Joined: 02 May 2010
Posts: 4856

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caligari wrote:
Acidface wrote:
I'd honestly have to say Schizophrenic Noisy Torment by Necrobutcher. That shit is just plain incoherent and bad.


Got that one...didn't dig it at all, very shitty.


Shocked You guys are high. (or not high enough...)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blewcheer



Joined: 02 May 2010
Posts: 4856

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dronevil wrote:
Acid Orgy wrote:
Attic Snake wrote:
Why no mention release Von Goat?


Yeah, I think it's terrible.


I quite like it, sounded like Greek BM on acid to me.

I think a lot of the hate came from all the dramas around the Von reunion. Or maybe people expected it to sound like old Von and ended up disappointed.


The Von drama is what did it for me. The only thing with "Von" on it that I listen to now is that shitty Hammerheart bootleg from back in the day. Fuck everything else.
Another vote for me, then, is Satanic Blood Angel- just because the tracks that weren't from Satanic Blood were lame, and it inevitably lead to the modern Von drama and exploitation by some out-of-touch cretin who didn't even play on the fucking demo- but we won't go deeper down that road, I guess. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IXTAB
Site Admin


Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 4388
Location: Metalapolis, MN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
I would declare the Resuscitator album by far the one album I really cannot get into.


The vocals on that album are amazing!
_________________
THINGS THAT WILL BE DELETED:
1. Ghost and Watain threads
2. Image signatures
3. Content related to Necroytardonic Records
4. Memes
5. Ebonics

e-mail ixtab[at]nwnprod[dot]com regarding forum account activation or problems
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
probert



Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 7069
Location: stankonia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attic Snake wrote:
Why no mention release Von Goat? Heard from many sources stinker. Myself only listen once but never looked back have I. Maybe now check out. Report back I will.


very underrated nwn release. prob would be regarded better with a better name and no previous association
_________________
format your doormat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 11010
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
it inevitably lead to the modern Von drama and exploitation by some out-of-touch cretin who didn't even play on the fucking demo- but we won't go deeper down that road, I guess.

Yes that revisionism really killed any interest. It's hard to even pick up the old compilation for listen. Fuck, sometimes I just wish that I could reset my memory to the time when Von was limited to only that Satanic Blood Angel cd/lp with obscure photos.
_________________
OUT OF THE DUNGEON label website and distrolist:
https://outofthedungeon.wordpress.com/2018/02/02/distrolist/

LAMENTATION "Grabens Symphonie" 2CD OUT NOW!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Acidface



Joined: 13 Dec 2014
Posts: 71
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blewcheer wrote:
Caligari wrote:
Acidface wrote:
I'd honestly have to say Schizophrenic Noisy Torment by Necrobutcher. That shit is just plain incoherent and bad.


Got that one...didn't dig it at all, very shitty.


Shocked You guys are high. (or not high enough...)


Excuse me I'm high about half the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Caligari



Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 2246
Location: Tampahell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acidface wrote:
blewcheer wrote:
Caligari wrote:
Acidface wrote:
I'd honestly have to say Schizophrenic Noisy Torment by Necrobutcher. That shit is just plain incoherent and bad.


Got that one...didn't dig it at all, very shitty.


Shocked You guys are high. (or not high enough...)


Excuse me I'm high about half the time.


And I used to be high 100% of the time, so I know what is like and Necrobutcher sucks ass high or sober...
_________________
http://caligarirecords.storenvy.com/
Now: NYREDOLK / AZATH / DOLDREY / ACT OF IMPALEMENT / SNORLAX / TYRANTS OF HELL / INVERSER / SEPHARVITES / OLTRETOMBA
Coming Soon: BLOODSOAKED NECROVOID / FERVENT / CARCINOID
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 23359
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be doing something right if some people live or really hate certain releases.

Necrofago and Necrobutcher are some of my all time favorite released on NWN. How can anyone not like the bumblebee guitar tone of necrofago?
_________________
Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: https://shop.nwnprod.com/collections/new-arrivals

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 23359
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

needless to say I like everything I release to different degrees. I guess my least favorite release might be the second toxic holocaust LP or the Von dlps. Von drama and gayness ruined it me eternally.
_________________
Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: https://shop.nwnprod.com/collections/new-arrivals

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Perverted Priest



Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Location: Monastery

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst NWN release is yet to be released, and it's that bloody Mastiphal album. If "VON drama and gayness" ruined it for you eternally you'd feel pretty much the same if you knew better what these guys have always stood for.

A proper Holy Death release would be a good idea, though.
_________________
A good hippie is a dead hippie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blewcheer



Joined: 02 May 2010
Posts: 4856

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
blewcheer wrote:
it inevitably lead to the modern Von drama and exploitation by some out-of-touch cretin who didn't even play on the fucking demo- but we won't go deeper down that road, I guess.

Yes that revisionism really killed any interest. It's hard to even pick up the old compilation for listen. Fuck, sometimes I just wish that I could reset my memory to the time when Von was limited to only that Satanic Blood Angel cd/lp with obscure photos.


Give me the bootleg days without a single available photo. That was fucking mysterious. Now some fat slob has ruined it all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naekrospavvn



Joined: 17 Sep 2012
Posts: 697
Location: X3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I must be doing something right if some people live or really hate certain releases.

Necrofago and Necrobutcher are some of my all time favorite released on NWN. How can anyone not like the bumblebee guitar tone of necrofago?


I hope NWN will continue this tradition releasing old Brazilian obscurities. Besides forthcoming Insulter LP there are so many savage hidden gems like D.E.T.H., Bestial War, Obsessos, Morthal, Vulthor etc etc etc...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grish



Joined: 05 Mar 2012
Posts: 328
Location: Mexico City

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
needless to say I like everything I release to different degrees. I guess my least favorite release might be the second toxic holocaust LP or the Von dlps. Von drama and gayness ruined it me eternally.


I guess that includes the horrible Sixx lp
_________________
Good deals: dawid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group