P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

INSIDIOUS DISEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
throneofmight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: INSIDIOUS DISEASE Reply with quote

INSIDIOUS DISEASE (formerly INSIDIOUS), the international metal project featuring members of DIMMU BORGIR, NAPALM DEATH, OLD MAN'S CHILD and MORGOTH, has posted a rough-mix version of the song "Boundless" on the band's MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/insidious666. The track comes off the group's long-awaited debut album, which is tentatively due later in the year via an as-yet-undetermined record label.

INSIDIOUS DISEASE recorded 12 songs for its debut CD at a studio in Norway with producer Terje Andersen (a.k.a. Cyrus) of SUSPERIA.

NECROPHAGIA frontman Frank "Killjoy" Pucci has co-written and contributed guest vocals to a track called "Rituals of Bloodshed" which is included on the album. Another songtitle set to appear on the CD is "Conceived through Hate".

INSIDIOUS DISEASE is:

Marc "Groo" Grewe (ex-MORGOTH) - Vocals
Sven Atle Kopperud (a.k.a. Silenoz) (DIMMU BORGIR) - Guitar
Shane Embury (NAPALM DEATH) - Bass
Tony Laureano (DIMMU BORGIR, ex-NILE, ANGELCORPSE) - Drums
Jon Řyvind Andersen (a.k.a. Jardar) (OLD MAN'S CHILD) – Guitar

DIMMU BORGIR guitarist Silenoz last year spoke to U.K.'s Terrorizer magazine about INSIDIOUS DISEASE. A couple of excerpts from the question-and-answer session follow below.

Terrorizer: How would you describe the INSIDIOUS DISEASE material?

Silenoz: "I'd say it's a good variation; a good mix of groovy, downtuned stuff, but it doesn't sound too modern, it's more back-to-basics. It's not really technical by any means, like some people might expect, it's more heavy riffing, attitude. It's hard to explain, but it's safe to say that the word 'extreme' would cover most of it. We have fast stuff, of course, but we also have slow stuff."

Terrorizer: Did you have any specific influences in mind?

Silenoz: Not anything specific, but me and most of the guys in the band, we grew up with the '80s extreme stuff and I think that shines through the music but I wouldn't say that we take any direct influence, it's more that feel of what was going on in that time in the late '80s. That quick and clean production on everything loses its charm so we tried to make it sound as analogue as humanly possible to digital recording."

Taken from: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=113427
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dalecooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That myspace link needs the period taken off the end of it to work.

I'm not sure what to make of this - it's not bad but I wish they'd post a few more songs. The main riff is repeated a little too much and is right from the Behemoth playbook. The singer sounds kind of like Justin Broadrick.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: INSIDIOUS DISEASE Reply with quote

throneofmight wrote:
That quick and clean production on everything loses its charm so we tried to make it sound as analogue as humanly possible to digital recording

Obviously he didn't oversee the recording and mixing of it then. It sounds so clean you could see your own face on it.

ex-Morgoth or not, this is shite. It's funny how now old school death is coming back all these people are suddenly wanting to embrace what they cast off in the 90s.
dalecooper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: INSIDIOUS DISEASE Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
It's funny how now old school death is coming back all these people are suddenly wanting to embrace what they cast off in the 90s.

See also: Pestilence. At least Mameli can still write a good riff though (he just needs to put two or three times as many of them into his songs). Yeah, it does smack of cynicism, doesn't it? I think sometimes that a lot of the originators of death and black metal (and thrash too, while we're at it) didn't really know what they were doing, and didn't have any loyalty to it; they were just making awesome music because they were in uncharted waters. Bands today have that bone-deep loyalty where if they start out playing death metal, they'll probably never stop - but then again their music is more derivative, and the rulebook was already set up for them by their predecessors.
throneofmight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't comment that much because of only one song...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: