P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

8 Tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
huja



Joined: 10 May 2007
Posts: 1102
Location: indiana

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TryMyTrust wrote:
are you going to try to make an item like that asshole on ebay who sold a 8 track of some burzum album for cash.


wow......... how much did it sell for?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
markos



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 1327
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Can someone enlighten me what you guys are talking about ?


um....8 tracks?

kinda crappy/kinda cool format that was biggest in the 70s. kinda proto-cassettes. google 8 tracks and i'm sure you'll find more than you'd ever care to know about them.

my favorite part about 8 tracks is how they switch tracks mid-song. so shitty that you just gotta laugh.


Last edited by markos on Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snaps666



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 1114
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crows In Black wrote:
I guess I meant from 80's onward, like were any big bands like Accept, Metallica, Maiden, or any kind of thrash or black metal bands ever on 8track


snaps666 wrote:
There's also orinal 8-tracks of Iron Maidens "Killers" and "The Number Of The Beast"...

...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nocturnal Deathstrike



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 2291

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:
Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Can someone enlighten me what you guys are talking about ?


um....8 tracks?

kinda crappy/kinda cool format that was biggest in the 70s. kinda proto-cassettes. google 8 tracks and i'm sure you'll find more than you'd ever care to know about them.

my favorite part about 8 tracks is how they switch tracks mid-song. so shitty that you just gotta laugh.


I already did a research in the meantime. I never heard of those, and never seen one. Looks like a video game cartridge to me ! Where they ever present in europe ??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
markos



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 1327
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
markos wrote:
Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Can someone enlighten me what you guys are talking about ?


um....8 tracks?

kinda crappy/kinda cool format that was biggest in the 70s. kinda proto-cassettes. google 8 tracks and i'm sure you'll find more than you'd ever care to know about them.

my favorite part about 8 tracks is how they switch tracks mid-song. so shitty that you just gotta laugh.


I already did a research in the meantime. I never heard of those, and never seen one. Looks like a video game cartridge to me ! Where they ever present in europe ??


i would imagine they woulda made it over there, but then again, y'all are ususally a lot smarter than us, so maybe not. ha!

it might also have something to do w/ your age. my parents had a player, my grandfather's huge lincoln continental had one in it, thriftstores over here used to be knee deep in them when i was in high school(early 90s), but i haven't really seem many since, so you might've just missed them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TryMyTrust



Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 344

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huja wrote:
TryMyTrust wrote:
are you going to try to make an item like that asshole on ebay who sold a 8 track of some burzum album for cash.


wow......... how much did it sell for?


i think like 80+.

the draw was the have a 1/1 item by a band alot of people clollect i guess.

but i stopped checking the item and this was like 1 or 2 years ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nocturnal Deathstrike



Joined: 05 Jun 2006
Posts: 2291

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:
Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
markos wrote:
Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Can someone enlighten me what you guys are talking about ?


um....8 tracks?

kinda crappy/kinda cool format that was biggest in the 70s. kinda proto-cassettes. google 8 tracks and i'm sure you'll find more than you'd ever care to know about them.

my favorite part about 8 tracks is how they switch tracks mid-song. so shitty that you just gotta laugh.


I already did a research in the meantime. I never heard of those, and never seen one. Looks like a video game cartridge to me ! Where they ever present in europe ??


i would imagine they woulda made it over there, but then again, y'all are ususally a lot smarter than us, so maybe not. ha!

it might also have something to do w/ your age. my parents had a player, my grandfather's huge lincoln continental had one in it, thriftstores over here used to be knee deep in them when i was in high school(early 90s), but i haven't really seem many since, so you might've just missed them.


My father actually owned anything new in the hifi world which came out since he was born, so I would be surprised if he would have missed this, he. My wife (4 years older than me Laughing ) has never heard of it either....
I can only imagine we never had that over here....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hellfire Commando



Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 2243
Location: Montréal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 tracks were the ancestors of casette tapes. My grandma used to have an 8-track/record player... I don't remember exactly how they were played, but I know there were 4 different "programs" on each album...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_cartridge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group