P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

8 Tracks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TryMyTrust wrote:
are you going to try to make an item like that asshole on ebay who sold a 8 track of some burzum album for cash.

wow......... how much did it sell for?
markos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Can someone enlighten me what you guys are talking about ?

um....8 tracks?

kinda crappy/kinda cool format that was biggest in the 70s. kinda proto-cassettes. google 8 tracks and i'm sure you'll find more than you'd ever care to know about them.

my favorite part about 8 tracks is how they switch tracks mid-song. so shitty that you just gotta laugh.

Last edited by markos on Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
snaps666

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crows In Black wrote:
I guess I meant from 80's onward, like were any big bands like Accept, Metallica, Maiden, or any kind of thrash or black metal bands ever on 8track

snaps666 wrote:
There's also orinal 8-tracks of Iron Maidens "Killers" and "The Number Of The Beast"...

Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:

um....8 tracks?

kinda crappy/kinda cool format that was biggest in the 70s. kinda proto-cassettes. google 8 tracks and i'm sure you'll find more than you'd ever care to know about them.

my favorite part about 8 tracks is how they switch tracks mid-song. so shitty that you just gotta laugh.

I already did a research in the meantime. I never heard of those, and never seen one. Looks like a video game cartridge to me ! Where they ever present in europe ??
markos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:

um....8 tracks?

I already did a research in the meantime. I never heard of those, and never seen one. Looks like a video game cartridge to me ! Where they ever present in europe ??

i would imagine they woulda made it over there, but then again, y'all are ususally a lot smarter than us, so maybe not. ha!

it might also have something to do w/ your age. my parents had a player, my grandfather's huge lincoln continental had one in it, thriftstores over here used to be knee deep in them when i was in high school(early 90s), but i haven't really seem many since, so you might've just missed them.
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huja wrote:
TryMyTrust wrote:
are you going to try to make an item like that asshole on ebay who sold a 8 track of some burzum album for cash.

wow......... how much did it sell for?

i think like 80+.

the draw was the have a 1/1 item by a band alot of people clollect i guess.

but i stopped checking the item and this was like 1 or 2 years ago.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:
markos wrote:

um....8 tracks?

i would imagine they woulda made it over there, but then again, y'all are ususally a lot smarter than us, so maybe not. ha!

it might also have something to do w/ your age. my parents had a player, my grandfather's huge lincoln continental had one in it, thriftstores over here used to be knee deep in them when i was in high school(early 90s), but i haven't really seem many since, so you might've just missed them.

My father actually owned anything new in the hifi world which came out since he was born, so I would be surprised if he would have missed this, he. My wife (4 years older than me Laughing ) has never heard of it either....
I can only imagine we never had that over here....
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 tracks were the ancestors of casette tapes. My grandma used to have an 8-track/record player... I don't remember exactly how they were played, but I know there were 4 different "programs" on each album...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8-track_cartridge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: