P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Necrovore stories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacrilegio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Necrovore stories Reply with quote

At the request of someone on this forum, I decided to make a "Necrovore stories" topic.

First, I suggest you read this if you are unfamiliar with the stories.

http://www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/interviews/necrovore.htm

Now, there are indeed some interesting stories in that interview. Note how Jon seems to give the stories while Bjorn and Ross just answer the questions.....maybe they are fabrications, or maybe not?

Share Necrovore stories etc.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a long one! Thanks for the link!
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't rightly remember, but I think I read Jon say that he "sacrificed" some master tapes by bringing them to a field and burning them in a ritual. Just some nonsense you'd hear a high school kid say.

I'm angered by that guy. He seems smart and Necrovore had such potential, but he'd rather play Ratt covers and just "talk" about how legendary Necrovore was/could of been instead of making it happen. Which is too late now, so somebody should just reissue that demo on MLP/MCD w/ the track from "Satan's Revenge" as a bonus and be done with it all.
Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a couple of hours to read all this interview, which led me to agree with Endless Morbidity. I recently did an interview with Bjorn for my fanzine and he sounds modest and gave mostly straightforward answers, without the "our Metal is so strong 'cause our dick is so long" stuff.
It seems that Jon's ego brought both to the creation of the really special music of this band and limited its abilities to make a step forward at the same time. Necrovore's demo rules supreme without any doubt, but since even Bjorn left this band and now concentrates on Hod and nothing happened with Necrovore since this interview (now - almost 4 years old already), I don't think that we can actually expect any new or old stuff officially released in the future.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally believe that when a band had reached it's artistic peak, they just put an end to it. Can't think of many bands who didn't start to burn out after their third LP.

But one demo? Come on. I think Jon just had a fear an LP wouldn't live up to the demo and deliver what it promised. It's annoying to hear him talk about how "powerful", "dark", "hungry", "primal", better than other bands, blah, blah Necrovore was...yet only recorded a demo.

I do love that fucking demo though.
OrdenSatani

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of having a full length NECROVORE album sends shivers down my spine, however I doubt it will ever happen. How long have they been talking about their supposed album? The band apparently is 'reformed' and yet we don't even hear a single new song in what, six years? It's really lame.

Yes, that NECROVORE demo is a cult legend, and it is fucking dark and bestial metal. But I'd rather see some action rather than just hear hyped up words over and over, that gets old very fast. The only band who has done this and I still have nothing but complete and utter respect for is SADISTIC INTENT (although I fear their album is cursed to eternal delays, at least the band is still highly active and has actually written new songs).

If NECROVORE doesn't get off their ass and do anything, atleast the new ATOMIC AGGRESSOR material sounds more than promising Twisted Evil
Sacrilegio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endless Morbidity wrote:
I don't rightly remember, but I think I read Jon say that he "sacrificed" some master tapes by bringing them to a field and burning them in a ritual. Just some nonsense you'd hear a high school kid say.

I'm angered by that guy. He seems smart and Necrovore had such potential, but he'd rather play Ratt covers and just "talk" about how legendary Necrovore was/could of been instead of making it happen. Which is too late now, so somebody should just reissue that demo on MLP/MCD w/ the track from "Satan's Revenge" as a bonus and be done with it all.

No, I think Jon said that he sacrificed his vocals to Necrovore, which makes a lot more sense than burning tapes....

The way Jon wrote in the interview was interesting. Yes he seems like he is over hyping Necrovore, but there is something in the way he tells the stories. I can't really think of a word for it, but it reminds me of those old story tellers that could capture an audience and then leave them thinking, yearning, reflecting....

Last edited by Sacrilegio on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he is an intellectual guy and I totally agree with his most of his views on Black/Death Metal. He has the right idea about a lot of things. Dauthus III has a great Necrovore interview. Too tired at the moment to dig it up and scan it though.

At this point, I think it's best to let a sleeping corpse lie. A few years ago, I would of been all for a Necrovore comeback and LP. But now I think the demo should just be reissued.

But who knows, maybe it would kick ass. I don't doubt he could pull it off and has what it takes. I just think he's lazy and a big talker.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could scan that interview, I would appreciate it
slayera

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one hellish interview ! Thanks.
Mastubator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://texasmetalunderground.com/pages/TMUframe.htm

There's an interview with Necrovore on here, you'll just need to go through the interviews section to find it. It's the same one that's in Dauthus III appendix as well (if I remember correctly).
The site also has some other intersting material (Militia!).
Sacrilegio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for all of you who said that Necrovore is "dead or inactive" read this:

Necro-JonD wrote:
The first Necrovore demo is a black tape with the artwork (not the white cassette); somewhat better recording, but still rough. I ofcourse, have the Master and the first dubb from that (still in the package, never opened).

First live show, we played 8 songs. We recorded the second demo with the other four songs, sound quality cleaner, but drums still not right (for me). I destroyed the reels, but I had some recordings of it and it may have gotten out (not sure).

We recorded two tracks for Satan's Revenge; Slaughtered and Toxic (Toxic went to Godly records for supposedly another compilation).

*as far as Bootlegg material; there is a shit-load out there that was never officialy recognized (by me at least), and new ones popp up all the time. My position has been; 'so what'.

------------
So, to date (now): Me, Scott Humphrey, Ross Stone (the original line-up) and new drummer are all working on releasing a full length and YES it will be sick (would I settle for less ?!). This is NOT considered a reunion! Why am I releasing now after all these years and have not before ? - Because I'm a fucking weird dude and now I want to fucking Destroy!! So, there is a ton of backlogg material no-one ever heard and it's about as bizarre and demented as it could get ! you'll see...

Also, I have heard the same rumors of releasing for years (not by me). There are a few posers out there pretending they were in NECROVORE, most likely they will die (if I see em). If you don't hear it from me it's not legit.

*Give me till the end of this year. The other guys are waiting on me to finish putting the newer stuff togather, but I'm stuck in this creative explosion of darkness (can't stop writing sick riffs..). Plan is to release one on the net (free-bee), on the website as soon as I get that domain name from the ass-fuck who has it (so, necro.com is not ours atm). Also, I don't know who that dude is on the myspace necro site (I'm finishing a Necrovore-official one ).

So there you go guys !!! Trust me, it will be demeted, evil and psychotic blackness, I'll try not to let you down, especially since ppl have waited and supported us so long. It is completly consuming my mind to make this epic !

Jon DePlachett (NECROVORE)

This was posted by Jon in August on the NWN! forums. I even found my old post warning everyone that expeditor was selling fakes, but I guess they had to learn the hard way.....
Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how can you be so sure that it was really postedt by Jon? And the eyar is almost over, but none of these promises came true (not that I'm surprised).
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read another more recent post (I think on FMP) also by Jon (supposedly) who said that the other members were originally willing to do more material but, with them lacking the enthusiasm/time to do so, the whole thing kinda went on ice.

I think he was going to proceed with his own project until further notice. I'm going off of memory here though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: