P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Current US BLACK METAL Landscape
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except if a new GBK album happens to appear, NIGHTBRINGER is the best US band when it comes to Black-Metal these days. Their writing skills are solid and they created something that is more than nowadays abuse of tremolos. One person whom Ispoke with compared them with EMPEROR and wasn't wrong on this point. NIGHTBRINGER took all what's right off the Norwegian band and more to create one of the most interesting BM band of nowadays.

I have yet to hear DISPIRIT but it looks promising even if I can't see anyone in the USA except GBK surpass NIGHTBRINGER one of these days. Even INQUISITION whose music is great and solid but who don't really progress.
HisEmissary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're all that concerned with geography, you're probably a huge fggt however, sodomy is the handshake of Satan and the bands of New York, New Jersey and New England are exemplary: Incantation, Immolation, Vital Remains, December Wolves, Abazagorath, Fallen Christ, Evilution, Messe Noir, Witch Tomb, Ipsissimus, Baphomets Horns, Bog of the Infidel, Grue, One Master, Yellow Eyes, Morgirion, Cold Northern Vengeance, Haxan, Sangus, Martyrvore, Witch King and even that lugubrious sweatpant-mage Ledney...
thus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
Except if a new GBK album happens to appear, NIGHTBRINGER is the best US band when it comes to Black-Metal these days. Their writing skills are solid and they created something that is more than nowadays abuse of tremolos. One person whom Ispoke with compared them with EMPEROR and wasn't wrong on this point. NIGHTBRINGER took all what's right off the Norwegian band and more to create one of the most interesting BM band of nowadays.

I have yet to hear DISPIRIT but it looks promising even if I can't see anyone in the USA except GBK surpass NIGHTBRINGER one of these days. Even INQUISITION whose music is great and solid but who don't really progress.

Are you sure? I got "Apocalypse Sun" sent as a freebie in an order from Ajna and it is really one of the worst albums I've heard in a long time. I don't know which is worse, the non-songwriting or the constant CLICKING of the drums. Sat through it once and I'm never listening to this CD again, Did they become a good band since this album, or what?
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dispirit and Tukaaria, both excellent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: