P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RECENT VINYL SCORES PART II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1804, 1805, 1806 ... 1877, 1878, 1879  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bastard Noise/Guilty Connector 7"
Bastard Noise/Government Alpha 7"
Bastard Noise/Witches of Malibu 7"
Die Kreuzen Cows and Beer (I've had a bootleg at a fucked up speed but this is a legit reissue)

4 Skins The Good the Bad and the 4 Skins
4 Skins A Fistful of 4 Skins (nice itialian press, not shitty pic discs)
Doom Total Doom (nice work Svart)
Rudimentary Peni Cacophony
Void Sessions
John Coltrane Expression
s.charlach

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrafnsskuggi wrote:
Any opinions on this one? Saw Mantar live on the Hell over Hammaburg but was a little bit disappointed... Although the 7" sounded very promissing.

Yes, I hear you. A friend put "White Nights" from the self-released 7" EP on a mix tape, and that single song got me immediately interested in the debut full-length. Well, given the tremendously heavy and possessive "White Nights" I was expecting it wouldn't be able to hold up this intense level over the length of an album but the band proved me wrong obviously. I mean, "Death By Burning" is just H-E-A-V-Y, as simple as that, pumping and tenaciously waltzing from start to finish without a pause for breath. Another thing I particularly like about the song writing is that the groovy basic structure of Mantar's songs involves the risk of sounding too repetitive and becoming predictable after a while but they managed to weave in a lot of great subtle guitar work that keeps every song distinctive and memorable. OK, one thing, only the "March of the Crows" instrumental is a real filler that should have been better left out in my humble opinion but the rest of the album has a great flow and, I say it, it's a hell of a lot of fun to listen to "Death By Burning". I read some reviews after a friend told me the band has become some kind of hot topic, and it goes without saying that the press massively exaggerates in the eager attempt to put some superlative on the album. "Death By Burning" doesn't save any genre from stagnation, it also isn't a visionary bridge building, no, it's a hard-rocking album that falls in between genres, picking up their best moments which is probably the reason why it immediately ignites, and it shows a lot of potential.

May I ask why you ended up being disappointed by their live appearance?
Eivittu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

12"
Af Ursin - Trois Mémoires Discrètes (La Scie Dorée - Scie 912)
Coil - Scatology (Force & Form - FFK1, K.422 - FFK1)
Consumer Electronics - Nobody's Ugly (No Fun Productions - nfp-14)
Giuseppe Ielasi / Kassel Jaeger - Parallel / Grayscale (Editions Mego - eMEGO 161)
Whitehouse - Total Sex (Very Friendly - VFSL02)
Whitehouse - Thank Your Lucky Stars (Susan Lawly - SLA 001)

7"
Bastard Noise / Bizarre Uproar - Bastard Noise / Bizarre Uproar (DP - DP-1)
Bastard Noise / U.N.D. - Economy Of Death / Fall (Freak Animal Records - FA EP 26)
Graustich - Werwolf Integrity (Filth And Violence - FILTH&VIOLENCE-91, Untergeschoss - UNTER24)
Sore Throat / Bizarre Uproar / Facialmess - Collaboration EP (Manufracture - none)

CS:
Arse - Demonstration (Mindless Tapes - PNUK/MINDLESS 002)
Arse - No Sleep 'Til Kasisali World Tour 1992 - Live Tape (Mindless Tapes - none)
Arseslaughter - Disgrace To The Corpse Of Arse (Not On Label (Arseslaughter Self-released) - none)
Bizarre Uproar / U.N.D. / Arse - 3-way Tape (Mindless Tapes - PNUK/MINDLESS 004)
Earslaughter / Meat Means Murder - A Moment Before Silence (Mindless Tapes - MINDLESS 001/PNUK 005)
U.N.D. - Never Mind The Music...Here's Unseen Noise Death (Mindless Tapes - PNUK 001)
Various - Noise Ain't Rock'n'Roll Pollution (Mindless Tapes - MINDLESS/PNUK 006)
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
earache uses those mailers and uses tons of stiffeners so no seam splits or anything bad happens, they dont even warp from the pressure. 80% of the time everything is fine when people use those mailers and i order tons of records monthly.

Had to order Left Hand Path twice, because my copy directly from Earache arrived with seam splits. Orderd again from High Roller, because they know how to treat vinyl...

-----
Oh, and cool scores on this page so far!
holy ghost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want that Bastard Noise / UND 7"
Jorm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutomysl - Firmament EP (+ shirt)

Last edited by Jorm on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorm wrote:
Nice record player.

What's the brand of the record player? It looks nice.
Jorm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuiSlayer wrote:

It's a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. Fully manual, it's a really good record player.

Though, I'd like to find the box that allows to change the speed without having to take the platter off, but it's expensive and from what I've read it doesn't work in France (220V DC).
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorm wrote:
LuiSlayer wrote:

Though, I'd like to find the box that allows to change the speed without having to take the platter off, but it's expensive and from what I've read it doesn't work in France (220V DC).

I was looking to get one of these. It would be my first serious record player, the one I have now is one of the crosley all in one shit boxes and I don't even listen to my vinyl anymore because of it. The thing about removing the platter to change speeds is a bummer though, maybe there is something simpler that would fit my needs.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorm wrote:
LuiSlayer wrote:

It's really not worth the money, in my opinion. It only takes about 5 seconds to lift the platter and move the belt. I almost bought it one time, and even the guy at the audio store (who probably makes more money the more he sells) told me don't bother with it. Ended up getting the acrylic platter with the money instead and it made a big improvement in the sound... and no more static problems with that thin felt mat!
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
Jorm wrote:
LuiSlayer wrote:

I was looking to get one of these. It would be my first serious record player, the one I have now is one of the crosley all in one shit boxes and I don't even listen to my vinyl anymore because of it. The thing about removing the platter to change speeds is a bummer though, maybe there is something simpler that would fit my needs.

Don't let the manual speed change scare you away from this table. It's really simple and quick... it takes longer to tie shoes than it does to change the speed.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@holyghost

that Die Kruezen 7" is great. I used to have that but I traded it with a friend who in return gave me Insect Warfare - Noise Grind Power Death LP. (bizarre trade I know) I should try to track down another one, I think the one i had was from an ebullition order ( Embarassed ) so im guessing its easy to track down.
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
la_ciudad_podrida wrote:
Jorm wrote:
LuiSlayer wrote:

Don't let the manual speed change scare you away from this table. It's really simple and quick... it takes longer to tie shoes than it does to change the speed.

thanks for the tip. Ill have to seriously look into getting one. Ive thought about these since I saw that Pro-Ject thread a while ago.
Jorm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
It's really not worth the money, in my opinion. It only takes about 5 seconds to lift the platter and move the belt. I almost bought it one time, and even the guy at the audio store (who probably makes more money the more he sells) told me don't bother with it. Ended up getting the acrylic platter with the money instead and it made a big improvement in the sound... and no more static problems with that thin felt mat!

I'll check this acrylic platter.
As you say, the platter removal is easy, and I don't own lots of 45rpm records, so it doesn't bother me. It's some fat rich whim to add the speedbox. And I'm neither rich, nor fat.
morfumax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1804, 1805, 1806 ... 1877, 1878, 1879  Next
Page 1805 of 1879

Jump to: