P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Ordo Ad Chao
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drums are way too triggered though. You have to admit that.
Frozen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can something even be "way too triggered"? A kit either triggered or it's not. Practical details aside, no, I don't mind the sound. I enjoy electronic as well as acoustic sounds. I'm open to any type of production as long as I feel it suits the music at hand. The acoustic drum sound on Morbid Angel's Covenant is out of this world, but that doesn't mean I want every other album to sound like that. Diversity is the key.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look man, I don't want to get in a fucking argument about this. You can trigger snares, toms, bass drums all at once or not. Hence why I said "way too triggered". Obviously you have no idea about triggers. Every piece of his kit is triggered and it sounds like shit. It's my opinion. That being said I do like the album.
Opolus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Obesity wrote:
Look man, I don't want to get in a fucking argument about this. You can trigger snares, toms, bass drums all at once or not. Hence why I said "way too triggered". Obviously you have no idea about triggers. Every piece of his kit is triggered and it sounds like shit. It's my opinion. That being said I do like the album.

Couldn't agree more! Fair enough, if you ("Frozen" in this particular case) doesn't think it's too much, but I whole-heartedly disagree. The drums sound like some fucking computer game, which is a bleeding shame, as Hellhammer could obviously play all of those drum tracks without using lesser bands' trickery! Again, the production on "Chimera" is NOT doing the -otherwise killer- songs any favour whatsoever!
TORTURER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Obesity wrote:
The drums are way too triggered though. You have to admit that.

Exactly.Especially the toms sound like shit,which result in losing the dynamics of the songs.
Perverted Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me why Necrobutcher didn't play/record the bass parts on this album?
Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasphemer, one more clarification for us, if you may. Necrobutcher has been credited as having recorded the bass tunes on "Ordo Ad Chao" but I am sure that I read somewhere that it was actually you that performed such duties. Is that indeed the case and if yes, why?

Blasphemer: Well, I understand that such things can be quite confusing but this is not really a big deal seeing as things like that happen to bands all the time. In this specific case we had to create an album that included many different tones and constant changes in rhythm, the creation of a real mess if you choose, plus most of the parts were finished in the chair of the recording studio - what you could describe, I suppose, as the final nail in the coffin.

We made, of course, plenty of rehearsals for this album but not the complete versions of each song, seeing as each composition continued to evolve in my head during those rehearsals, so instead of having to 'teach' everything to Nercrobutcher in a short period of time, we decided to follow the easy way out which included me recording the bass guitar.

I wasn't really trying to make anything out of this - it's just that this decision of yours looked slightly weird!

Blasphemer: Yes, I can see why that is (laughs). Necrobutcher did record a few parts, though, on "Ordo Ad Chao".
Perverted Priest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Anyway, I don't mind the drum sound. The whole production is so weird that I really didn't pay particular attention to drums and their sound. People are too obsessed with triggers.
Steken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen wrote:
I like both albums a lot. The riffing on Chimera is off the hook.

Yes.

"Rape Humanity With Pride," especially, has some truly excellent, goosebump-inducing guitar work. Sure the production on that album is pretty clean and blah blah blah, but it's still a solid fucking piece of metal.

(I will allow that "My Death" sounds a lot better in live versions, with Csihar on vocals.)
Frozen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
"Rape Humanity With Pride," especially, has some truly excellent, goosebump-inducing guitar work.

E X A C T L Y !

Best track on the album!
dAHMER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 on the Chimera support. Really enjoy that album, even if it is miles away from DMDS.
Thoth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth wrote:
Man, I'm listening to this album again and shit, there's some really fucking killer material. Definitely their best work after DMDS. Too bad for the sound, really... this album would've been a total classic with a decent sound. Worst part is that I don't think it needs to be much more different than that, perhaps a little bit less low mids, more mids & highs and some reverb... since I have my own studio I think I'll actually try to remaster the whole thing just for my own personal pleasure and see if I can make it sound good enough for me to actually want to listen to it from time to time, haha

Well I did it and honestly I think this brings out some great elements in the album. Truly a greatly crafted effort. At the moment it's a private video, because I'm worried about possible issues with Mayhem and SOM but I figured I'd post it anyway. Do you think it's worth making public?

Anyway, would be curious to hear some feedback on this !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7srmGm_sZE
voidecay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth wrote:
Thoth wrote:
Man, I'm listening to this album again and shit, there's some really fucking killer material. Definitely their best work after DMDS. Too bad for the sound, really... this album would've been a total classic with a decent sound. Worst part is that I don't think it needs to be much more different than that, perhaps a little bit less low mids, more mids & highs and some reverb... since I have my own studio I think I'll actually try to remaster the whole thing just for my own personal pleasure and see if I can make it sound good enough for me to actually want to listen to it from time to time, haha

Well I did it and honestly I think this brings out some great elements in the album. Truly a greatly crafted effort. At the moment it's a private video, because I'm worried about possible issues with Mayhem and SOM but I figured I'd post it anyway. Do you think it's worth making public?

Anyway, would be curious to hear some feedback on this !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7srmGm_sZE
Remaster the whole thing! I'd love to hear the whole album sound like this... a big improvement. As many have said, the production doesn't do this album justice.
Thoth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I did the whole thing, just posted this one online. Just a little bit reluctant to upload the whole thing... Want to avoid any possible legal issues...
klaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out that apparently there's a new MAYHEM record on the way... Is there a thread on that?

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/mayhem-to-release-psywar-single-in-april-full-length-album-to-follow-in-may/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: