P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Actual Photos on GoreGrind Albums
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will agree on Carcass being pretty much the main 'goregrind' band I like. Having said that I do enjoy Mortician, Exhumed, Dead Infection. Most of the 'gore' music I tend to listen to has more in common with death metal though as you can see.

Also another roots/proto goregrind act you forgot to mention is Repulsion. Not quite the same as what you mean when you say goregrind these days but still worth noting in terms of history.

Regarding artwork, not a real problem though if i for example had a close family member included I probably would sue the band because for good reasons (I think) I would be pissed off. Though honestly as a general rule that sort of thing doesn't bother me. And yes, artwork wise it is uninspired. Exhumed for example do create proper art for their covers, using an almost collage like effect and at least Mortician and Cannibal Corpse for example have painted covers, therefore showing a degree of artistis merit.
King_Ubu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nekrokunt_Usurper wrote:
Regarding artwork, not a real problem though if i for example had a close family member included I probably would sue the band because for good reasons (I think) I would be pissed off. Though honestly as a general rule that sort of thing doesn't bother me. And yes, artwork wise it is uninspired. Exhumed for example do create proper art for their covers, using an almost collage like effect and at least Mortician and Cannibal Corpse for example have painted covers, therefore showing a degree of artistis merit.

Agreed, and an original piece of art is much more evocative than a pile of intestines or obliterated corpse. At least Carcass would take the time to create an original collage (ditto County Medical Examiners, Luzifer's Mob, etc.) that would give the package that much more of a twisted atmosphere rather than simply adding a touch of lazy shock value.

Goregrind to me has always been more of a 'fun' music than, say, brutal death metal. It's a ridiculous genre as it is, so the bands that embrace the E.C. comics horror aesthetic have always been the ones that appealed to me the most. I've always enjoyed that aspect of Razorback Records - especially the artwork on the releases from Gruesome Stuff Relish, WTN and (taken to the most ridiculous extreme) Birdflesh.

Also fond of the Impetigo 'twisted teenage binder artwork' approach - the cover of "Ultimo Mondo Cannibale", for example, just adds an element of sleaze and juvenile humor that really compliments the genre.

Any jackass can go on rotten.com for two seconds and stick an autopsy photo on the front - no creativity there.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: actual gore Reply with quote

Carcass album covers are works of art.
Even the Giger designed heartwork cover.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: actuall gore Reply with quote

The only covers that really repulse me are the doo-doo ones.
You know, chick lies on the ground, chick with prolapsed anus
shoots watery diahrea into other chicks mouth. Just a plain toilet full of dooky, or that nattefrost guy smearing shoo-shoo over his body.
Leave all that shit (no pun intended) to the guys in jackass.
King_Ubu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: actual gore Reply with quote

Heliogabalus wrote:
Carcass album covers are works of art.
Even the Giger designed heartwork cover.

Love all the covers up to (and including) "Heartwork", but never really been a big fan of the big winged head on "Swansong", album-appropriate or not.
brown growth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck slams. Fuck chugs. Fuck gurgles. Fuck mesh shorts. Fuck wigger monkey bullshit. Fuck internet photo-shock album "art". And last of all, FUCK GOREGRIND.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: