P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

STONE GARDEN - S/T (1965-1971) Press Release

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shadow Kingdom



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 1487

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: STONE GARDEN - S/T (1965-1971) Press Release Reply with quote

This should arrive here around the 18th of November.






The is the first of more albums to come that will be released under the Shadow Kingdom label that I feel fans of Heavy Metal should OWN (from the 60's/70's) in your collection. If youíre still searching for something heavier than BLACK SABBATH in the 60ís, just forget it, itís just not out thereÖ BUTÖ for the late 60ís there wasnít much heavier than this amazing US Heavy Psychedelic / Acid Rock! "Assembly Line" probably IS the heaviest song before BLACK SABBATH emerged. For the time it doesnít get any HEAVIER than this! If this band would have played Woodstock, they would have blown the bell-bottom trousers off of most of the bands and people there with their heavy-fuzzed out guitar blasting riffs, garage-y drums, great catchy vocals and intricate songwriting. Fans of BLUE CHEER, BANG, JEFFERSON AIRPLANE, DEEP PURPLE, JIMI HENDRIX, FRANK ZAPPA, IRON BUTTERFLY, STEPPENWOLF, THE DOORS, HIGH TIDE, 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS, (heavier) BEATLES, CREAM, (of course) BLACK SABBATH, and so on, need to look into this. This re-issue contains 5 extra bonus songs not included on the past re-issues until now! A special thank you goes out to Paul Speer, Rich and John Haupt for helping me out with this.

Check out some songs here. http://www.myspace.com/stonegarden69
_________________
http://store.shadowkingdomrecords.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shadow Kingdom



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 1487

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen, just listen to this...

http://www.myspace.com/stonegarden69
_________________
http://store.shadowkingdomrecords.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Black_Fire



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 3696
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow, I see you are obssessed by old hard rock, before someone call this doom!
_________________
DOOM008: Rot - Kingdom of Antichrist Sodomy
DOOM010: Necrostuprum / Satanic Torment - Goetes
DOOM fuckbook
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
krawling kaos



Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 194
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: STONE GARDEN - S/T (1965-1971) Press Release Reply with quote

Shadow Kingdom wrote:
If youíre still searching for something heavier than BLACK SABBATH in the 60ís, just forget it, itís just not out there...

too true too true... how long I've looked for that one record that could exceed or even stand next to the mighty Sabbath! Iron Claw might have done it if Sabbath's management didn't shut them down in order to maintain their monopoly on crushing, heavy blues rock.

But these Stone Garden songs come damn close! Looks like between NWN and SKR we're going to have some killer releases this winter!

Hopefully most of these SKR reissues are going to make it on to vinyl?! I know it's not easy with the difference in costs, especially if you are trying to keep 'em in print... But these releases deserve getting etched into plastic.
_________________
"Great holes secretley are digged where earth's pores ought to suffice, and things have learnt to walk that ought to crawl..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tomas



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone Garden!!!! Hell yeah!!!!!!!
Great reissue!
You just have to love the evil guitar tone on Assembly Line!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shadow Kingdom



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 1487

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
Shadow, I see you are obssessed by old hard rock, before someone call this doom!


I am obsessed with Heavy Rock, and yes this is not Doom.

I don't fully understand this post. Laughing
_________________
http://store.shadowkingdomrecords.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shadow Kingdom



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 1487

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: STONE GARDEN - S/T (1965-1971) Press Release Reply with quote

krawling kaos wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:
If youíre still searching for something heavier than BLACK SABBATH in the 60ís, just forget it, itís just not out there...

too true too true... how long I've looked for that one record that could exceed or even stand next to the mighty Sabbath! Iron Claw might have done it if Sabbath's management didn't shut them down in order to maintain their monopoly on crushing, heavy blues rock.

But these Stone Garden songs come damn close! Looks like between NWN and SKR we're going to have some killer releases this winter!

Hopefully most of these SKR reissues are going to make it on to vinyl?! I know it's not easy with the difference in costs, especially if you are trying to keep 'em in print... But these releases deserve getting etched into plastic.


Yeah IRON CLAW is pretty heavy, but still not as Heavy as the song "Black Sabbath"... it's still the most evil sounding song in my book.

STONE GARDEN is great!

Yeah a lot of my releases will be on wax.
_________________
http://store.shadowkingdomrecords.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shadow Kingdom



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 1487

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomas wrote:
Stone Garden!!!! Hell yeah!!!!!!!
Great reissue!
You just have to love the evil guitar tone on Assembly Line!


I would like someone to point me to a heavier song from the 60's! I cannot think of one heavier! Shocked
_________________
http://store.shadowkingdomrecords.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tomas



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something from the first Blue Cheer album maybe
And have you heard 'Speed' by The Ron Wray Light Show? That one is from 1967. I think it's heavier than Stone Garden!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj-0pL7TXIw
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Azmoth



Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 855

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

addicted to the songs on the myspace.
"bastard" really sounds like Blue Cheer.

I need to get that album when out !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Shadow Kingdom



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 1487

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomas wrote:
Something from the first Blue Cheer album maybe
And have you heard 'Speed' by The Ron Wray Light Show? That one is from 1967. I think it's heavier than Stone Garden!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj-0pL7TXIw


Both BLUE CHEER and RON WRAY LIGHT SHOW are close. BLUE CHEER definitely no, RWLS... is much closer, but I don't think so.
_________________
http://store.shadowkingdomrecords.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tomas



Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I was listening to 31 Flavors and they made a song in the 60s that is definitely heavier Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shadow Kingdom



Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 1487

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUT NOW! You can find out on your own now....
_________________
http://store.shadowkingdomrecords.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group