P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Maryland Deathfest XII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necrologue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised Orator got put on. It'll be interesting to see them live.
getfuckedbro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone seen Cryptic Slaughter recently? How are they live now days?
Mikk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just booked at the Holiday Inn Express. Have stayed there before and its right in between the venues.
I like black metal, I also like other genres of music, I am listening to Death In June right now, and later I will be playing some NON, or maybe some Hank Williams Sr., you wanna know why? Because fuck you, that's why.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

getfuckedbro wrote:
Anyone seen Cryptic Slaughter recently? How are they live now days?

When Wehrmacht toured recently they did a mini cryptic slaughter set, I think it was just Wehrmacht + Scott Peterson but it was awesome.
GhoulesDesCultes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone stayed at the Rodeway Inn for MDF?
valgalder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really cool to see Aeternus finally playing the states..
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say, convenience store. We lived above it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely be interested in seeing Mgla, Orator, Ulcerate, Witchrist & Wrathprayer live for the first time, and it would be great to see Necros Christos again too... but there's still no way I'm going. Oh well.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year was my weakest MDF showing by far, I really didn't want to be there. And I was only there for one day.

I'll be there next year selling records on the street and just generally being a miscreant.
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few scattershot thoughts from a local:

The new location is smack dab in the middle of where Baltimore warehouses surplus humans. There's a prison, a church that lets its yard get used as a hobo jungle, a strip joint, central booking, and multiple charities that do stuff for the homeless. Expect even more CHUD encounters than in previous years.

More space is good, but parking lots are the pits. They're definitely going to have to follow through on adding shaded areas.

You will still be close enough to the hotels you usually stay at. No need to try to book someplace else. Anything you're used to quickly ducking out of the fest for like a quick cheap beer at the Sidebar or something from the minimart won't quite be as close. Not far, but not as convenient.

Ram's Head Live is a Nice Place. Too bad everything sounds like shit there. Sound is better upstairs, but you'll have to make peace with subpar sound if you want to be up close and personal. Tons of space, though. There should be a good number of Thursday tickets available.

RHL is right across Lombard street from the Soundstage. Super close. This should make venue hopping during the late night stuff really easy. And both venues are in the heart of the downtown white bar district. Looking forward to some bro/kvltster hijinks. The downtown black bar district is only a few blocks away if that sort of thing interests you.

Choosing a space that can open two hours earlier was a good call. Nobody should miss any early bands this year because of lines. Hungover degenerates who can't get out of bed in time for the rock will only have their bad habits to blame.

Ultimately, the new venue was the best Ryan and Evan could do in a shitty situation. Losing/outgrowing Sonar was a tough thing for MDF. It was the best place inside the city limits for the fest, but now it's too small and a crapass nightclub. It makes sense to keep MDF in the same general area. People can book the same hotels they usually do, there won't be any new transportation issues, etc. But there's just no perfect space for it. The guys figured out the best available workaround and I personally appreciate their decision not to move the fest out to the suburbs.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight Command wrote:
And both venues are in the heart of the downtown white bar district. Looking forward to some bro/kvltster hijinks.

That's an interesting take on the powerplant live bars, to my experience those are blacker than the inside of a coffin on a moonless night, but I guess still less by comparison.

Also, they mentioned avoiding the farmers market which is all well and good but there are literally several soup-kitchen-type events that take place in the new fest area almost every weekend. Not to mention the homeless health clinic that allows patients to sleep on their steps/sidewalk is only a stones throw away. Get ready.

My only real complaint though is that bands start at Rams Head @ 10pm but the outdoor stages aren't done until 11, add in walking time and you're basically missing an entire set to see one or the other.
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
Twilight Command wrote:
And both venues are in the heart of the downtown white bar district. Looking forward to some bro/kvltster hijinks.

That's an interesting take on the powerplant live bars, to my experience those are blacker than the inside of a coffin on a moonless night, but I guess still less by comparison.

Nah, the PPL crowd always seemed pretty white to me the times I've been down there. The black clubs are concentrated a couple of blocks away on Calvert. There's some spillover, but that's the general pattern.

And yeah, can't wait to see how the increased sketch factor of MDF being even closer to Our Daily Bread, Healthcare For The Homeless, etc plays out. Should be entertaining.
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll be there this year as well. Had a blast last year. Which hotel do you locals recommend the best, near the venue? Last year I was pretty far away and it was expensive for nothing, so I want to rely more on recommendations. Thanks!
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
I think I'll be there this year as well. Had a blast last year. Which hotel do you locals recommend the best, near the venue? Last year I was pretty far away and it was expensive for nothing, so I want to rely more on recommendations. Thanks!

The closest two that are right in between the venues are the Sleep Inn and Holiday Inn Express (right next to each other) as far as I know. Sleep Inn is cool as the staff is pretty laid back and allow people to drink on the porch out front and BBQ for the guests over the weekend. Both usually sell out rather quickly.
Conservationist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:
Not to mention the homeless health clinic that allows patients to sleep on their steps/sidewalk is only a stones throw away. Get ready.

Might want to get your Hep A/C boosters then, since it'll be a fecal forest...
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Hellfire Commando wrote:

The closest two that are right in between the venues are the Sleep Inn and Holiday Inn Express (right next to each other) as far as I know. Sleep Inn is cool as the staff is pretty laid back and allow people to drink on the porch out front and BBQ for the guests over the weekend. Both usually sell out rather quickly.

Thanks man! Anything else that might be a little more budget friendly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 9 of 18

Jump to: