P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

GORGUTS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SixCurses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obscura is absolutely fucking brilliant! One of my favourite DM releases ever.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
I sold my Considered Dead CD for over $30 (US) about two years ago, so yeah, I would say the LP might fetch a few bucks.

Cheers! I'm not overly keen on getting rid of it, as I've always wanted to try to get into it more, but I really need the cash at the mo. I've stuck it up here if anyone is interested: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180305311728

However as I'm a sucker for records and stuff, I'd be willing to take it down in the next day or so if anyone wants to make a really good offer for a trade on it! Wink
hierosis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
Early stuff is very Suffocation-like, and their last two albums are really weird avant garde/technical death metal, with lots of bizarre riffs. Actually kind of beyond bizarre - you pretty much have to hear it. Anyway they are a great band despite the silly name.

I don't think Suffocation is a good comparison, as thye weren't really that low-end and were more technical in their approach. Maybe "Human"-era Death would be a decent reference point for the first two records. And I agree that "The Erosion of Sanity" is one of the most overlooked death metal records of all time, and perhaps one of the only good ones to come from the Roadrunner death metal scene.
brown growth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this band, however I don't agree with the Suffocation comparison. I've always hated that band for the vocals and the breakdowns.
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLTHRASHER wrote:
'Considered Dead' is the best one.

I personally would say that The Erosion of Sanity is the best. Considered Dead is very good, but The Erosion of Sanity just blows it away with better song writing, more mature lyrics and more technical riffs.
horrificus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schadel_reich wrote:
HELLTHRASHER wrote:
'Considered Dead' is the best one.

I personally would say that The Erosion of Sanity is the best. Considered Dead is very good, but The Erosion of Sanity just blows it away with better song writing, more mature lyrics and more technical riffs.

I agree. Erosion of Sanity is quite a dark album, as for comparisions to Suffocation, minimal at best. Considered Dead is pretty much a well served Cheese platter, Obscura and Wisdom bored the shit outta me, particularly wisdom.

I've got Obscura on CD for trade if anyone wants it??
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Gorguts Reply with quote

It is amazing how this band outdid themselves with each consecutive record. One of the most underated, and best bands on Roadrunner R/C
ever. Any of you out there who are not familiar, should get this stuff yesterday.
Reed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: GORGUTS Reply with quote

bmdk666 wrote:
How is it possible that only one of their releases made it to vinyl. Anyone with me on this? One of the greatest bands ever. Period. From old to new it's all amazing.

I saw this all the time about Exhorder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: