P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

WRATHPRAYER worship............
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the album is very enjoyable indeed (despite too little variation between songs), but not good enough to fall into a "falling to your knees due to intensity" category...
Klown wrote:
If it's melodic, it's not black metal.
What?
If you pour sugar into your black coffee, will it still be black?
Well... yeah?
He Who Cuts Stone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overrated band, cool artwork though
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
Blutkvlt wrote:
HotBlack wrote:
It's just a good album... nothing truly outstanding, aside from the awesome artwork.

And anyone comparing it to the might and majesty of "Seven Chalices" should be burned and died.

I prefer it to Seven Chalices, but I wouldn't really bother to compare them if you hadn't brought it up.

I wouldn't either, but I heard the two compared pretty often when Moloch first came out.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down to the last 150 or so copies.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band got the typical NWN-forum hype, it was never going to live up to the hype it received. Still a good album for what it is though.
Demoncy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He Who Cuts Stone wrote:
Overrated band, cool artwork though

+1

The EP was very good, with a dirty sound and ritualistic atmosphere. The album is sometimes boring, guitares aren't agressive enough, and songwriting is basic.
TacoBell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think overhyped would be the better term! Still a great album regardless! Twisted Evil
asongulol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songs on the Promo MMX A.S. had a better production (or lack thereof). I think the albums' flaw is the over spacious sound making the punch go wander around instead of hitting the mark directly, of course I could be wrong. Their cover of the Necrovore song was definitely the most savage rendition/version I've heard.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, it was probably an unfair expectation dropped on these guys, as soon as the artwork was unleashed everyone wanted an album that no band ever in the universe would be able to deliver.

The album though, no better or worse than anything else of the particular niche of genre they dwell in. The album is decent. It crushes, it is suffocating bla bla bla ...all the same terms that applies to all bands working in that murky cavernous spectrum of recording.

If a band wants to excel past boundries and be truly spectacular, become Ghost! Razz ...or Watain.
TacoBell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Yea, it was probably an unfair expectation dropped on these guys, as soon as the artwork was unleashed everyone wanted an album that no band ever in the universe would be able to deliver.

The album though, no better or worse than anything else of the particular niche of genre they dwell in. The album is decent. It crushes, it is suffocating bla bla bla ...all the same terms that applies to all bands working in that murky cavernous spectrum of recording.

If a band wants to excel past boundries and be truly spectacular, become Ghost! Razz ...or Watain.

I think it's better than most in the style! Most of these bands bore me, but Wrathprayer's album gets a lot of listens from me!

Fuck Watain btw Laughing
GenericBlackMetalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The album is good, very good. The problem is the hype and expectations surrounding it, could do nothing but disappoint. People were expecting Drawing Down The Moon part. deux it seems. Which it's simply not!
Similarly to Cultes Des Ghoules, another very good band that gets Watain-like "hype" around here.

On it's own, ignoring hype/expectation/etc, it is a very solid 8/10 album. Definitely not bad or even "average".
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great album. The guitars are massive. Still bummed they had to cancel their San Fran show.
morfumax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenericBlackMetalhead wrote:
The album is good, very good. The problem is the hype and expectations surrounding it, could do nothing but disappoint. People were expecting Drawing Down The Moon part. deux it seems. Which it's simply not!
Similarly to Cultes Des Ghoules, another very good band that gets Watain-like "hype" around here.

On it's own, ignoring hype/expectation/etc, it is a very solid 8/10 album. Definitely not bad or even "average".

Except Henbane delivered on the hype.

As did Sun of Moloch, but that's just my opinion.
WarInvocator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the overhype for this album is starting to get overhyped. Its a very good album for its specific genre. Its not overrated, nor underrated imo. Most albums these days are nothing groundbreaking anyway. However, that dosen't mean they are bad albums either. We seem to expect too much out of black/death these days, and I don't see why. What more do you want? As for Sun of Moloch, I don't hear anything that should be complained about. Artwork/track titles/imagery aside, It delivers what it should deliver.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a fucking incredible album in all aspects. Fuck off with the whole “put things into context” mentality. For me it was one of the very best of last year. Who gives a shit about what albums it could be compared to? This kind of music is above all else about a feeling, or rather essence, that one can either understand or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: