P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

EVIL INVADERS V (Official Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsquanch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea as to what back-patch is on the reverse of that tan sports jacket?

HAILSSSS
Monad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed Friday night but last night was excellent, killer performances from Ignivomous, Grave Upheaval, Vassafor, Archgoat & Sadistic Intent. They all destroyed. Ears are still bleeding from Grave Upheaval and Vassafor's sonic terror!
deathevocation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsquanch wrote:
Any idea as to what back-patch is on the reverse of that tan sports jacket?

HAILSSSS

Peter Daicos' number.
Satanic Slut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Friday Pale Sage rocked out solidly and Erebus Enthroned and Nocturnal Graves destroyed. Portal was an experience as always...words cannot sum these guys up live!! Missed Midnight due to tiredness from travelling and too much beer, but I heard they put on a good show.
Saturday morning rolled around too quick, but was determined to make the effort to catch all the bands.
Kingdom of Decay provided a doom/death breakfast, with solid vocals.
Hordes of the Black Cross, ripped the the place up with a chaotic solid performance. Stand Alone provided some solid rock by some 40 something blokes all about standing tall and being true, was a handy wakeup after being bombarded by black metal for a while.
Inverloch was the heaviest thing around giving a solid performance, complete with an "old" song (From disembowelment).
Ignivomous was as relentless and crushing as ever, and gave us a cover of "Circle of the Tyrants" which fired everyone up.
Dave Tice/Buffalo, gave us a fantastic journey into the world of 70's rock, complete with jam sessions and some wild bass solo's. Completely enjoyable and great to see the band enjoying themselves as much as we did watching
Grave Upheaval/Vassafor summoned up a storm and crushed all.
Cruciform absolutely slayed, and for me personally it was fantastic to finally see a band whose EP I have been flogging for years and years. Solid crushing performance from this criminally underrated band.
Cauldron destroyed as per usual, and even gave us a new song from the upcoming album.
Archgoat was solid, not quite my thing, but most punters were pretty happy with them.
Sadistic Intent was killer, solid show with pretty of classics and the old school death was welcome after a day heavy in Black and Doom. Great to see some shredding leads!!
That is my basic impression of the whole show.
Pretty good weekend, meet some top blokes and drank a fuckload of beer. Probably could have done with a shorter Saturday 1030 am to 1230pm was a bit too much for me after getting totalled Friday night.
Anyway had a blast and would do it all again.
abbottur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight crushed it, their set was over before I even realised that they'd played for 40 odd minutes... A highlight for me.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Would've loved to see that Buffalo set.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top show like the last few years, had a great time.

Favourites were Crone, Consummation, Nocturnal Graves, Cruciform, Cauldron Black Ram and Sadistic Intent.

Did anyone get a peep of what Archgoat were up to behind that curtain before their set? Looked a little sus...

Hope this wasn't the last one. Would love to see something like Primordial or Necros Christos next time.

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I rather prefer playing with my girlfriends pussy instead of nerding around in a virtual hell
S_Slaughter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree an awesome weekend!! Had a top time despite everyone behind our merch desk being sick all weekend but thanks to everyone that came & visited us there. It was cool to see so many farmilliar faces as well as meet some new people.
The calibre of performances overall this year was really excellent, I didn't actually think any thing was bad and the sets which stood out REALLY stood out, an extremely memorable line up for me. Personal highlights were..

INVERLOCH - who are a highlight each & every time that I see them. To see them twice this year has pretty much made my year. Though I thought they really deserved a spot higher up the line up and seeing them at 3pm wasn't condusive to full atmosphere they were crushingly heavy and put on a great show again.

IGNOVOMOUS - Possibly the best show Ive seen by these guys, brilliant sound, crushingly heavy, tight and devestating. Again I thought they could have had a better spot but its hard to juggle so many bands.

GRAVE UPHEAVAL - Mesmerising aural devestation with seering red lighting, smoke & tonnes of oppressive atmosphere. An experience like the gates of hell opening to unleash the deafening march of all hell's legions!! One of the heaviest things Ive ever seen like the sound track to a Heironymous Bosch painting.

CRUCIFORM - Never saw this band in the 90s but they were a real surprise for me. Just a great set of death doom, totally enjoyable.

SADISTIC INTENT - My first time seeing them and they were fantastic!! This is up there with one of my favourite death metal shows now, they play with such conviction & energy. Total respect for these guys. Extremely memorable.
Lukcifer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo were absolutely amazing ! One of my favorite sets of the WE along with SI, Vassafor (2 basses, no guitars, absolutely hypnotic set) and Cruciform.

Buffalo "Freedom": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV0D3N0hDw4

Cruciform: "Sancuary" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nyKtkoUnE
HELLTHRASHER -l-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really gonna go into serious detail how Evil Invaders was. You were either there or you weren't.

My personal highlights were -
Nocturnal Graves (My main band I was burning to witness live! So glad Shrapnel is in the mix. His signature riffs and leads just adds to the charm of the band. Absolute wildfire! The same chills I got when I first witnessed D666 was the exact same this time around. Also glad that Jarro decided to be on lead bass/vocals and leave the drums to another. Excellent frontman.)

Portal (Not your hellbanging stagediving type of group. This is a powerful entity to be reckoned with. Like a séance. A morbid performance of the most macabre. You either get it the first time or you don’t)

Buffalo (never heard them prior to the fest, but were entertaining to watch. Way to break a bit of the blackdeth monotony.)

Vassafor(The bit that I witnessed (2 bass and no guitar? Surprised a tsunami didn’t occur. Ripping Deth!)

Cauldron Black Ram put on a good show as well. First time seeing them, very impressed.

The local act that was very impressive was ‘Consumation’ they reminded me a bit of a deathmetal Portal; if that makes any sense at all. Keep an eye out for this group. Bright future ahead.

Archgoat and Midnight were cool and as for Sadistic Intent, seen them so many times, just getting better and better with each ritual. They definitely stole the show. Excellent sound and performance.

An overall great fest that went by too fast, but don’t they all?

I didn't even get drunk once out there. Couldn't afford to! The only thing I disliked about the fest, besides the brutal beer prices, is that there was no designated ‘afterparty’ bar/club to meet up.
The best shit about NWN fest in Berlin is the after party at the end. Whether at ‘Kill ‘em all’ Bar or ‘Blacklands’, either way you know where to meet up. However in this situation most of us got split up after the show and didn't spend enough time with the good ones. So that was bunk. Hopefully something can be worked out in the next EI, if there is a next one.

Many hails and thanks to the organizers that put this fest together. Something of this size and caliber is not an easy thing to do and for that your valiant efforts are thoroughly appreciated.
http://www.freewebs.com/metalstormzine/
S_Slaughter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to think Sydney is still reasonable for drink prices, other places are more expensive! I agree about the after party thing too.
Morbid69

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the bar service was excellent, I don't think I waited for a drink at any time on both nights. We had our own QLD after party of sorts in the smoking section of a pub in Newtown on Saturday, you guys didn't miss much.

Word around the campfire is that this was the last Evil Invaders though which is a shame.

Mr_Belvedere wrote:
I rather prefer playing with my girlfriends pussy instead of nerding around in a virtual hell
vk666

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recently received a link to our set up on youtube

Vassafor at Evil Invaders

(Pretty sure) all the bands were filmed so I'd imagine many more sets from this weekend are to come in due time. Portal and Cauldron Black Ram as always were ridiculously good...I'd like to see the Nocturnal Graves set again and count just how many times Jarro had his hands off his bass whipping the crowd into a frenzy (which they certainly succeeded in doing!)
HELLTHRASHER -l-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vk666 wrote:
recently received a link to our set up on youtube

Vassafor at Evil Invaders

(Pretty sure) all the bands were filmed so I'd imagine many more sets from this weekend are to come in due time. Portal and Cauldron Black Ram as always were ridiculously good...I'd like to see the Nocturnal Graves set again and count just how many times Jarro had his hands off his bass whipping the crowd into a frenzy (which they certainly succeeded in doing!)

HA! A legend in the making Cool Laughing
http://www.freewebs.com/metalstormzine/
Crappers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Graves and Midnight were definitely the highlights for me. Hope this wasn't really the last one. There really aren't that many decent gigs going on these days, but for the last couple years I've at least had Evil Invaders to look forward to. Speaking of which are there any decent photo galleries floating about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: