P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

YSENGRIN : TO ENDOTATON
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALCHAMESTE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido wrote:
Thanks...and yes, it's sad but true! I'm sure that not more than 100 guys will be interesting in the vinyl, that's why this kind of limitation is enough!

Yes, too bad for a so good album ; but if I can have this vinyl, I don't care for those who are not interested, eh eh.

Will there be a Tape version as well, like for the 2 first albums ?
Guido

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but not now, as the vinyl is the priority!
Guido

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LP version is going to the press. I hope to see a release date early April!
New review of the album by the way, from THE RIPPLE EFFECT WEBZINE:

Quote:
To Endotaton is the French black metal trio Ysengrin's third full-length, the first for the fledgling label I, Voidhanger, and it is a monster of an album. It consists of only one track, To Endotaton, which clocks in at just over 40 minutes. Despite the long play time for only one track, there is never a dull moment on here thanks to the excellent musicianship and songwriting skills of the band.
This is the first time I have heard of Ysengrin and they do leave me wanting for more mainly because of the aforementioned traits above but also because they step outside the box and try to experiment a little bit which works wonders for them. And that has to do mainly with not over-doing it which isn't a problem for these Frenchmen at all. To me it seems they have a healthy dose of a less-is-more approach which is good when you want to expand your musical boundaries.
Ysengrin is a nice surprise that I will definitely explore more and I urge you to do that same. Of course I only know what To Endotaton sounds like and I do recommend it greatly. However, go on further and listen to their previous efforts as well. They truly deserve more recognition.

Génial!

Temple of PROSELYTISM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% support!
Solarfall

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't know this band, the 2'45" sample sounds really interesting Smile
I think I'll go for a LP !!
Guido

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! More info:

This release is dedicated to the cult followers of the band, and will be limited to 100 copies on black vinyl, housed in a single sleeve with reverse board printing. Each LP will come with a luxurious poster on high-quality 150gr. paper, with lyrics and also featuring the amazing artwork of Francesco Gemelli (see below). The posters have been printed by our friends at Nomos Dei Productions.

SFH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVPPORT!
ALCHAMESTE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES ! TOTAL SUPPORT !!
Guido

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New review from DEVILMENT ZINE n°6:
Quote:
‘To Endotaton’ follows in the same vein as was previously cluttered; hence it’s a swamp rather than a sea of change that we’re witnessing. Nevertheless a few things are to be reported in terms of the band’s alchemical growth. For a start this album consists in one long track, designed to guarantee our soul’s perdition. Also, the arrangements have been worked out more efficiently, more thoroughly; in other words, Guido and his posse of criminal helpers have pushed the concept further. Firstly, free rein was given to the aberrant imagination of YSENGRIN with the warranted inclusion of classic soli and bluesy parts to diversify the band’s musical paradigm. Baffling it may be yet the classic guitar is also back to haunt us with some lovely spells. As for the other guitars, they remain as jarring and mystical as they used to be, reminding me sometimes of DEATHSPELL OMEGA albeit never giving in to free-jazz. Still the structures are rather unhinged and double-jointed for Black/Death/Doom Metal. Nevertheless, it cannot be denied that they succeeded in creating a heady, insistent aural ambience, not least when the ritual percussions come into play. Interestingly, the zany parts sometimes turn into traditional, effective Black Metal save for the vocals which remain those grim raucous vociferations which we have come to love. The appearance of more keyboard layers is a novelty feature too. Those sound akin to symphonic BM though they are more ponderous and never ring like the ‘heroic rides’ of Dimmubergine and their treacherous consorts. Instead, they evoke clouds of glaucous vapours irk irk irk. What I find intriguing, fascinating even, about YSENGRIN is that, whether they play Black, Death, Doom or Heavy Metal, it never sounds of place. The band’s patina is always present to confer cohesion to the tunes and I verily believe that this is the mark of a seasoned band which knows how to achieve its goal and does it with class. YSENGRIN resembles a particular composition of certain Crude and rotten Metals, such as usually are, or may be heard, at your own peril with some utter devotion to give them a grating Grist and headbanging force. Think of a salmagundi of MORTUARY DRAPE, DSO and EVOKEN, peppered with classical guitar, bluesy passages and Heavy Metal licks. Digest it who may. 4/5

VINYL AT THE FACTORY, so will be out within the next weeks. The label will have 90 copies to sell, so act fast!
Guido

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New review from TEMPLE OF ADORATION #9, by Phil:

Quote:
This seems to be a conceptual release since there is just one single song of 40 minutes playing time. But in between the music there parts which consists of just a voice and some backround noize, dark ambient or a keyboard. So sometimes it sound like if it could be divided into tracks. The overall song is a monument they build. It´s a fucking fantastic.atmosphere which didnt get boring at all in a single minute. For me among the top standouts of todays Death Metal scene. Hard to compare them with, at the beginning I thought of Necros Christos a little but through the overall playing there various bands coming in my mind while listening. There moments which sound little epic and during the mid 20ies there is a part I had to think of “Sacro” by Masacre. But it`s also bands like Morgoth, Varathron, some Doom and also non-Metal elements...I had to think of. And again The Chasm and Mythological Cold Towers (early). This may all sound like much and nothing at the same time. But the band really found their own unqiue way of composing and they do not sound like a copycat or without identity at all. They found a balance between old school Death Metal and doors up to many other sources without sounding all and nothing. Killer layout (as always). Labelcontact: www.i-voidhanger.com

Guido

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally received the TO ENDOTATON testpress! Really a great moment to listen to YSENGRIN on black fucking wax!!! So be prepared for the 100 copies of this LP asap..! AVE LVCIFER

Guido

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received the LP today! I'll post pictures when i'll have posters (probably late next week or the week after).
You can guys order your copy at: voidhanger@libero.it
LIMITED TO 100 COPIES ONLY!!!
ALCHAMESTE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guido wrote:
Received the LP today! I'll post pictures when i'll have posters (probably late next week or the week after).
You can guys order your copy at: voidhanger@libero.it
LIMITED TO 100 COPIES ONLY!!!

Est-ce dispo uniquement chez Voidhanger ou bien vas-tu en distribuer quelques copies ?
Guido

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Je n'ai que 10 copies qui sont réservées depuis longtemps, désolé... Donc le mieux c'est de voir avec lui directement.
Guido

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pix of the LP:

TO ENDOTATON is the second YSENGRIN album, one long track of 40 min.
Feat. guest from CHRISTICIDE, OPERA IX and SERPENT NOIR bands.
Cover by Turkka G. Rantanen.
Mix and a special mastering for the vinyl done by Dan at the RESONANCE SOUND STUDIO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: