P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The day jobs thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
I am a funeral director/embalmer, a well as a paraprofessional in grief counseling. I work both with families making funeral arrangements and I do the preparation of bodies for viewing and burial. I'm also decent with restorative work; putting people's faces back together due to trauma, etc...

Part of my job also involves arranging the funerals and handling everything during the service, etc... Driving the hearse to the cemetery.

I work a pretty demanding on-call schedule, I will get calls at all hours to go pick up bodies from hospitals, morgues, hospices, residences, etc...

It's a pretty interesting career. I've seen all kinds of gruesome shit I'll never unsee and its stressful as fuck dealing with the grief counseling aspect.

I'm also a freelance graphic designer.

So many opportunities for metal as fux gorephotos.
LazerBeast

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work at Whole Foods, it's pretty metal.
glwdrk

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a self employed graphic designer, publisher, promoter. Will open a book store soon.
Eigenbrötler

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truck driver
GHOAT

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight Command wrote:
GHOAT wrote:
I am a funeral director/embalmer, a well as a paraprofessional in grief counseling. I work both with families making funeral arrangements and I do the preparation of bodies for viewing and burial. I'm also decent with restorative work; putting people's faces back together due to trauma, etc...

Part of my job also involves arranging the funerals and handling everything during the service, etc... Driving the hearse to the cemetery.

I work a pretty demanding on-call schedule, I will get calls at all hours to go pick up bodies from hospitals, morgues, hospices, residences, etc...

It's a pretty interesting career. I've seen all kinds of gruesome shit I'll never unsee and its stressful as fuck dealing with the grief counseling aspect.

Yeah, but I'd rather keep my job haha
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graveyard shift at a newspaper pressing plant. Largely putting together the newspaper after it's printed and putting them in strapped bundles for the people that pick up and deliver them in the morning. Then we'll work on the weekly flyers in the time before/after the newspaper. Easy job, but it gets dull and it's crazy repetitive.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Fallen_Empire on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pizzaman.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragingwinter wrote:
Interesting answers so far! I'm hoping to get my contracting license for painting soon.

My current job is kinda dead end work.. paycheck to paycheck stuff.

I subcontracted my own paint work for a while... not the most physically demanding job of the blue collar trade, but PLENTY stressful. I gave it up... I also had issues being comfortable trying to paint off a fully extended 20' ladder. sadly its hard to quote a job that allows you to profit AND possibly rent safer equipment to paint off of (IE boom/scissor lift/scaffolding/whatever) in this day and age. some don't seem to mind it though, so best of luck there!

no coincidence, most the jobs I was handed were also the ones that were plain shitty, or too high up for anyone else to comfortably handle themselves. go figure...

GHOAT wrote:
Twilight Command wrote:
GHOAT wrote:

hahaha much props on this job... I don't have the nerve to work with corpses myself... I recall one day on my current job, I was working in a nursing home and had the opportunity to see hospice wheeling out a dead body one day, I was a bit taken back and thought to myself, now thats not something you experience every day on the job... in your case, it is. and then some.... yowza! I stick to handling drills, hammers, pliers, etc (and again, not for medical purposes. hahaha) and will leave this stuff for the true professionals.

might I ask how you even came into this job? I had a friend whos family was involved in the business, but it was just for that reason, because it was a family business/tradition passed down through 4 generations
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHOAT wrote:
Twilight Command wrote:
GHOAT wrote:

Yup. No need for gore photos anyway, there are enough of them on the web and it's better that you just keep translating your job experiences into more of those subterranean riffs. This is the correct path...
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I also heard that mortician work is something you either have to be born into or know someone in the business to really have a chance.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
spectre

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phd student.
zyklonbaptism

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech support.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spectre wrote:
Phd student.

aka buying time in a horrid economy? Laughing
fire unchained

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lab Technician
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21

Jump to: