P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Random Drunken Encounters Of The Metal Kind
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last weekend I stopped at an AM/PM around 2am, I saw a younger guy probably 17 or 18, in there wearing a Transilvanian Hunger shirt.

I was gonna go up and BS with him, but on his forearm I noticed a massive Slipknot tattoo of their famous "S" symbol... I knew he probably didn't have anything good to say upon seeing this. I got up to the front and bought my smokes, and took off, right before I could walk out I hear "Hey man! sick shirt!" he saw the Mayhem shirt I was wearing. I just kinda turned around and replied "thanks dude!"

After that he came outside and flagged me down... I was stuck talking to this dipshit. For the next 15 minutes I had to listen to how great he thought Cerebral Bore and The Faceless were... Why he was in a Darkthrone shirt is beyond me. I smiled and nodded the entire time before finally saying "hey dude i gotta get goin, take it easy"
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe the OP was drunk as he claims. Check his spelling.

Shitman is a great story.
Satanic Slut

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Hair has nothing to do with retards pestering you on the street.

Well trust me it has, at least when you happen to live in very small towns and be the only long-haired guy wearing extreme metal shirts.

I disagree.
I am long haired, bearded (not neck bearded) and wear metal shirts, and most people in my small town don't give a fuck...Most think I am a bikie or homeless.
I get the occasional person at the pub telling me how good the new Megadeth or Slayer album is, but I usually just tell them all of these bands have sucked cock since 91.
There are a few people my age who talk metal, but mainly we discuss 80's stuff or try to solve the universe ending question of whether "Heaven and Hell" or "Mob Rules" was Dio era Sabbath's finest moment.
Sure you get the odd comment on metal being for angry people etc, but this usually only comes from tards that can't handle things different to their percieved norm.
And in the end who cares...the music is what counts.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satanic Slut wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Hair has nothing to do with retards pestering you on the street.

Well trust me it has, at least when you happen to live in very small towns and be the only long-haired guy wearing extreme metal shirts.

I disagree.
I am long haired, bearded (not neck bearded) and wear metal shirts, and most people in my small town don't give a fuck...Most think I am a bikie or homeless.
I get the occasional person at the pub telling me how good the new Megadeth or Slayer album is, but I usually just tell them all of these bands have sucked cock since 91.
There are a few people my age who talk metal, but mainly we discuss 80's stuff or try to solve the universe ending question of whether "Heaven and Hell" or "Mob Rules" was Dio era Sabbath's finest moment.
Sure you get the odd comment on metal being for angry people etc, but this usually only comes from tards that can't handle things different to their percieved norm.
And in the end who cares...the music is what counts.

May be, but metal is much more socially-accepted now than it was 15-20 years ago. Or perhaps Italian people happen to be bigger, more annoying assholes -they certainly used to be like that when I started with metal.
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about one of the bartender's at the dive bar I go to. Her nephew is the drummer for Sacrifice (Can). We've chatted about the band before while I was boozing. Sort of weird talking about Sacrifice with a middle age woman, but whatever.

As for long hair and small town, I'll say I've had a little trouble with it. Not for a few years now, but when I was a bit younger I'd have people telling me to get a hair cut or giving me weird looks. The wiggers definitely don't like it. Typical small town can't deal with anything "different" kinda bullshit.
Satanic Slut

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair Enough.
I have been into metal for 25 odd years, and have never had any major issues with people, outside of comments on Long hair and metal being for angry peoples. I just think people that make comments like that are insecure and too frightened to follow (or promote) what they are interested in.
Or maybe as you said, perhaps Italians are assholes!!
If someone comes up to me and wants to talk metal I am happy to converse with them. If they are retarded and believe Pantera is the be all end all of metal, I will try to convince them otherwise. This is what old thrashers did to me in the 80's when I believed metal started and ended with Priest and Maiden. Without those guys taking the time to chat I possibly would have never discovered Bathory or Hellhammer.
In this regard taking 5 minutes out of a day once every now and then is well worth it.
lsid

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkdescentrecords wrote:
I don't believe the OP was drunk as he claims. Check his spelling.

Shitman is a great story.

I never claimed to be "shitfaced drunk". In that state I would be passed out on my sofa, rather than typing a post on the forum. Just thought about it after getting my pizza and thought it would make an interesting thread.

Some cool stories guys Very Happy
la_ciudad_podrida

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its weird when some stranger wants to talk about your shirt.
That being said, Whenever a friend is wearing a cool shirt i probably get all excited and try to talk about it.

I probably dont meet the kvlt standards and im chatty as fuck but even i know better than to bother some stranger with that shit.

once a drunk ns trailer trash dude who looked like a wigger with swastica tattoos tried talking to me about all this made up shit about knowing hendrik mobus and burzum and other ridiculous claims because he spotted my Absurd shirt when I was walking to class. He claimed he did the art for one of those newer Burzum albums, I couldn't even believe he took as so stupid. I just acted like I knew what he was saying. Its embarrassing to think about.
veadtuck

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont drink so i have no drunken encounters, but i saw a guy in a NWN hoodie outside of costco a while back!
Madhukapala

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand, I think it's really infantile and hipsterish to scowl and storm off if someone gives a nod to your shared taste in music. When you wear band shirts in public, you're broadcasting your participation in the subculture, and you shouldn't be surprised when someone responds to it.

On the other hand, I tend to avoid those kinds of interactions for the same reasons other posters have pointed out. When I was a teenager, answering "Yes" to the question, "D-d-d-d-ddd-do y-y-yuh-you like N-n-nuh-nuh-norwegian buh buh blackmetal?" resulted in a long acquaintanceship with a self-professed Satanist who proposed that we go graverobbing together. He also happened to have a wicked stutter and autism (the real kind, not the internet kind). Needless to say, dealing with him was kind of tedious, but he was an ok guy, all things considered. A lot less offensive than the kind of insecure dork who acts like you've made a sexual advance if you comment on their Katharsis shirt or whatever.
stampoutdisco

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If metal looses all the retard punishers you just end up with a bunch of sourfaced cunts with brand new obscure band shirts, checking their phones, not talking to each other.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusted wrote:
its always the height of good humor how metalheads avoid talking to each other away from concerts
At concerts you know you're atleast going to have a few bands in common, but outside of concerts there's a higher probability that you'll run into some loser who thinks Cannibal Corpse is the best death metal band.
harmless

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a drunk encounter but...

One store I used to work at had a cheap hotel next to it so it was a popular choice for schools from nearby countries to pick for class trips. So, whenever some poor souls would wander in when there wasn't much to do I would pester them about music. The Norwegian teens seem to take it the hardest; a typical interaction...

Me: So, where are you guys from?
Kid: Trondheim, Norway.
Me: Ah, so you must like Black Metal!
Kid: Argh! Why do people think we only make Black Metal there's so much more...
Me: Yeah, but who really cares about that?

I know I was being a douche and it might haunt me later on but asking English kids about Cradle of Filth, Swedish kids about Dark Funeral and Danish kids about Denial of God did make the time pass, even though they didn't know what the fuck I was talking about.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Re: Random Drunken Encounters Of The Metal Kind Reply with quote

sikas wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
sikas wrote:

Here are some pictures. I've been rehearsing at his place for a couple of years and that guy never stops to amaze me with his stupidity.

His place looks more decent now than on the pictures I saw haha. No shit on the walls either.

Is he really dead?

The scene needs nutcases like him!

He's very much alive.

Ah, O.K. I only knew from hearsay from a drugged, dreadlocked friend.
stampoutdisco

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Random Drunken Encounters Of The Metal Kind Reply with quote

satanic ritual abuse wrote:
sikas wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
sikas wrote:

Here are some pictures. I've been rehearsing at his place for a couple of years and that guy never stops to amaze me with his stupidity.

His place looks more decent now than on the pictures I saw haha. No shit on the walls either.

Is he really dead?

The scene needs nutcases like him!

He's very much alive.

Ah, O.K. I only knew from hearsay from a drugged, dreadlocked friend.

Does he have a daughter? Did he record some bigger gothenburg metal band, then got wasted and destroyed the tapes? Did he really hid in the shitpit at a festival and reach up and grab asses? So many loopy stories about this guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: