P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Promo CDs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azmoth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Those will be put to the spam folder right away. You won´t believe how many "please listen to my mp3´s" mails even small labels get every day.

like this one I got yesterday :
Check my myspace, there is short sampel from first song http://www.myspace.com/blahblah .
If you like it here you can dawnload mp3 version http://rapidshare.com/files/52107168/blahblah_-_demo_2007.rar
It's only 26mb.

Hail Goat!!!

I changed the name of the band so it can remain secret in the abyss of the internet underworld

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1349 wrote:
I know you don't like the idea of it, but a myspace would do good.

I disagree. I had a myspace for a few months and it was a total waste of time. Everyone on myspace are just interested in promoting themselves, so the only response or inquiries I ever got was from bands, other labels, etc. who just wanted to promote themselves who didn't give two shits about my label. I sold an accumulated total of 0 records through myspace. Myspace is bullshit, the people there are idiots, and by signing up you're supporting Rupert Murdoch. Fuck that place.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Graves already has a Myspace page. I want to stay away from that gay shit.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Nocturnal Graves already has a Myspace page. I want to stay away from that gay shit.

that shit is fucking gay for sure.
myspace=aids

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help the band set a tour :

Promote the tour yourself !

I know you had done it with Sabbat... I also had with Toxic Holocaust... There's no better way to promote a band IMO.

And I suppose it's easier to do it in the US than to do it here in Brazil.

Maybe you can face a little loss of money in the end, but the good time during the tour is priceless.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
Actually most labels back in the day sent out actual LPs.

What labels? I remember getting quite a few of those comp. promo CD things and a few advance tracks on tape, but never an actual LP of something. This was back in 1995 though when I started my first zine, you may have been in the scene before that time, so.....
minge-eater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

earache , mfn , peaceville etc all sent out promo lps

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember that then. I'm speaking of the underground labels of that time like FMP, Goat of the Harvest, Head Not Found whatever.... Plus the bands, if they were doing it themselves it was always just a few songs from their album on a tape, not a pro pressed promo tape/CD with the entire contents of the album.

We're getting off track though and splitting hairs. I think a promo CDr containing several tracks from a release with at least front inserts is enough to help promote the release.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fmp sent out full promo cds , with cd and only front cover . in a white paper sleeve

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
NCM Recs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i think promos are a waste of time & postage money. i did 100 promos for the anwyl mcd & got back less than 20 reviews. that made me stop sending promos but the dimentianon guys wanted me to send out promos & i sent out 125 & so far i've gotten a grand total of 6 reviews back. that's why i hate 'zines & webzines, they're just in it to get free stuff & pack their collections. that's my feeling anyway. what i usually do is send to people that actually request a promo & if i get a review i'll keep sending them one with every release, otherwise, fuck off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
fmp sent out full promo cds , with cd and only front cover . in a white paper sleeve

Yeah, you're right, I remember receiving a Kreator tribute CD like that and another band they were working with, Celeste or something.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCM Recs wrote:
what i usually do is send to people that actually request a promo & if i get a review i'll keep sending them one with every release, otherwise, fuck off.

I think that's a good approach.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yosuke, i believe your reputation in the underground precedes you so i can safely say your releases will most definitely be of good quality and fans of NWN releases will know what to expect, music-wise and packaging-wise.

You don't need to send out promos, too many people out there collecting them for their personal needs and not really to support you or anything. However, 2 persons i know will very highly likely review your release if you send them the promo and prompt them about it - John mincemoyer and nathan birk. And these guys are about as influential as you can get in the extreme metal UG.

Hope this helps Very Happy
DeathLörd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promo LP versions of Metal albums were done in the 80's(ce) as that was the main format back then. I have quite a number of promo LPs from PILEDRIVER, IMPALER, etc etc...... They usually have a gold stamp somewhere on them stating that they are promos.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: