P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Nocturnus - Thresholds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameswolfe

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no problem with the higher number pressing versions. Its just like any other pre-order. Its just ridiculous they are asking people to shell out 100 bucks for the record, a t-shirt, and you get your name printed in a booklet. That part is pretty kikey. If you are gonna make a release that expensive then put something in it that we would want.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:

All of the recent Earache reissues have been that full dynamic range thing, so I doubt this would be mastered from the cd.

Are you aware of that this FDR thing is little else than a selling point, aren't you?
holy ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the fact that she held up the fucking DAT tape for proof.....

"When we say full dynamic range, we really mean FULL DYNAMIC RANGE"

Even though in reality they had to coin the goddamned phrase to cover up for their previous laziness..... Rolling Eyes
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, "full dynamic range" is a dumb selling point buzz term, but it does mean that the original tapes are used and not cd's right? The LHP and Realm of Chaos lp's both sound quite good. The quality of the covers as you mentioned is another story.
Dalen

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album was a letdown compared to "The Key" anyhow, I'd probably buy a black copy of this however. They should just press 500 black copies, keep the price low and I'm sure it'd slowly sell out. Oh wait, gotta have every color of the rainbow right????

All of the recent Earache reissues have been that full dynamic range thing, so I doubt this would be mastered from the cd.

Eh, I can't call it a 'letdown', but I see your point. It is an album I like from start to finish and that makes it perfect for vinyl, and to be honest I don't think any other colour than black would fit better.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not The Key level but it's a good little album in its own right.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this email from Earache:

Quote:
Earache Records has launched its first ever Kickstarter campaign, offering fans a new 2013 printing of the classic NOCTURNUS album THRESHOLDS, fully endorsed by the band's founding member and drummer MIKE BROWNING.

Recorded at the legendary Morrisound Studios in Tampa, Florida and originally released in 1992, THRESHOLDS became a new benchmark for technical death metal and has become a regular request from fans since going out of print. The fan-funded repressing will see the album taken from the original DAT tape, mastered in FDR (Full Dynamic Range), and cut by NOEL SUMMERVILLE, who was responsible for the original vinyl cut.

If the demand is met, the new NOCTURNUS vinyl pressing will be available in the following quantities and colours:

100 - Clear
200 - Green
300 - Purple
400 - Black

For those of you unfamiliar with Kickstarter, head to the Kickstarter campaign page now at http://kck.st/106htUQ and check out the video, where everything will be explained.

I think the problem in the past with Earache's re-issues was that they would press all these colors and then 1400 on black wax. I've seen them sell the Brutal Truth re-issue for half price on their website because most likely they were sitting on too many unsold copies. I assume that out of 1400 they maybe sold 400. Two years later they still have 1000 copies left and no one is buying. With the later rs-issues they would only press 900 black copies and with this Nocturnus only 400. Soon they will press more colors, it's just a matter of time before they figure out that they can press 20 different colors at 100 copies each and they will sell out within minutes.
Sunnportal

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the cheapest version is 17 pounds? Not bad for a reissue you've been wanting for years.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want that shirt, all the ones I see on ebay atm are blatantly fake and shit looking.
Professor Black

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the recent Earache reissues have been that full dynamic range thing.

Yes! And the real reason for that is a shocker.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they'd gotten it right in the first place they wouldn't need to be flogging this now, nor asking their own customers to back it. Getting your name in a thanks list is cool I guess, but fuck paying 100 quid for it.
harmless

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Nocturnus - Thresholds Reply with quote

Haintic wrote:
I can't believe that Earache's cashflow is so bad that they need to be bankrolled for these re-issues.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1927808414/nocturnus-thresholds-1992-vinyl-lp-record-new-pres

I don't really see what's so wrong with this. In my view this isn't any different than ordering it of a site.
harmless

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lukcifer wrote:
Try and see it from their perspective.

In form it's no different to taking pre-orders and it allows them to gauge the interest in the release without going ahead, pressing copies and then ending up sitting on copies because those who initially expressed an interest in buying a copy have decided that they're not going to do it after all (and let's face it, this happens 99% of the time).

As for the prices, well, it's the stamp collecting faggots and egay record flipping jews who are responsible for this situation.
If you really care about the music then the fucking color of the bloody LP should be inconsequential and you should be able to settle for the black version which is sold for a price that seems pretty much in line with any other (big) label these days.

Anyways, by all means continue to bitch and moan the end result is that I (hope) that I will end up with an album that I don't have yet...

Perhaps I should have read through the whole thread before replying earlier. Lukcifer pretty much nails it!
Nebel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the campaign will reach its goal and there will be a CD version too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzUCIPpikmE&feature=youtu.be
Saltrubbed Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw some Carcass & Napalm Death reissue LP's in a shop - Earache need to work on the printing quality of their LP jackets, they've gotten so blurry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: