P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Leviathan Demos
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
heavyR



Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 1725
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:42 am    Post subject: Leviathan Demos Reply with quote

I have always enjoyed the first several demos from Leviathan, but I never see demo tapes or CD-R's for sale. I was curious if anyone actually owns any of Leviathan's demos, what format they were initially released on, how they were distributed, etc. I didn't pick up on Leviathan until after Tentacles of Whorror was released, so I've just had mp3's and the demo collections Verräter and Howl Mockery at the Cross.
_________________
Good sellers/traders: metalmac, greenmonster, Transcendence, GoldenBull, Paria

Buy this crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 16554
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to see these demos at Amoeba. I think he only sold them through Amoeba and Aquarious in SF.
_________________
NWN Fest Vol. IV Tickets here: http://nwnfest.storenvy.com/

Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
heavyR



Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 1725
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I used to see these demos at Amoeba. I think he only sold them through Amoeba and Aquarious in SF.


Were they mostly CD-R, or were there tapes as well?
_________________
Good sellers/traders: metalmac, greenmonster, Transcendence, GoldenBull, Paria

Buy this crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J001



Joined: 23 Nov 2009
Posts: 429
Location: Los Angeles Area

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
I used to see these demos at Amoeba. I think he only sold them through Amoeba and Aquarious in SF.


Were they mostly CD-R, or were there tapes as well?



They were both! I have seen hand-made tapes and CDR's
These self-released/home made demos were mainly sold through SF record shops as mentioned already. I think many were just being given away to friends at that time.
Specific details of these demo releases and recordings still remain a mystery. I have seen different versions of the same demo and different recordings of the same tracks. I own 3 different copies of "demo 2" "II" "Time End/Demo II" All of which are some kind of "2" but they have different, rearranged and similar/same songs. So who really knows...
I think Wrest was just cranking out all kinds of wild home made shit at an early point.

I have all Leviathan splits/full lengths etc.. but I do actually enjoy the demos the most! Time End, Three, Seven, Nine ..all very impressive and powerful!
Demo 5 is cool.. it's all covers (depeche mode, bauhaus, siouxsie and the banshees. etc..).

Here are most of my demos...

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ihslahm



Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 987

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When these were first around I never saw a single one on cd-r at all at Amoeba or Aquarius. I have a few that Jef dubbed me that don't have covers as well. When this started he was doing it at his house and dubbing the tapes himself and I am pretty sure he didn't even have a computer so I don't think the cd-rs are 'original' versions. I couldn't tell you if he released them or they were booted though.
_________________
"...that magnificent deer has vanished."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
heavyR



Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 1725
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your explanation and picture is exactly the information I was looking for. I know I've seen rips of demo 6 with different tracklists out there, and both seem legit. Makes more sense now.
_________________
Good sellers/traders: metalmac, greenmonster, Transcendence, GoldenBull, Paria

Buy this crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NWN PROD



Joined: 10 May 2006
Posts: 16554
Location: SF Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I only saw tapes at Amoeba and AQ. No CDRs
_________________
NWN Fest Vol. IV Tickets here: http://nwnfest.storenvy.com/

Contact: nwnprod@gmail.com
Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
LordTheynian



Joined: 26 Oct 2011
Posts: 447
Location: Helsinki

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been hunting down these for ages with no luck. Most of his demos are really good, many of them even better than his full-lengths. If anyone has any of these and wants to sell, PM me.
_________________
https://www.facebook.com/dodkvlt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
heavyR



Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 1725
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just be happy if someone would rip their CD-R copies in good quality. I have mp3s of the majority of the demos, but there's a few I don't have that are in that picture.

Edit: actually the only two I don't have are 3 and 12. I have copies of 6 with two different (but similar) track lists.
_________________
Good sellers/traders: metalmac, greenmonster, Transcendence, GoldenBull, Paria

Buy this crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carpathian_Florist



Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
I would just be happy if someone would rip their CD-R copies in good quality. I have mp3s of the majority of the demos, but there's a few I don't have that are in that picture.

Edit: actually the only two I don't have are 3 and 12. I have copies of 6 with two different (but similar) track lists.



Here you go bud

http://www.lurkerspath.com/2010/02/22/leviathan-demo-discography-1998-2002/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
heavyR



Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 1725
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carpathian_Florist wrote:
heavyR wrote:
I would just be happy if someone would rip their CD-R copies in good quality. I have mp3s of the majority of the demos, but there's a few I don't have that are in that picture.

Edit: actually the only two I don't have are 3 and 12. I have copies of 6 with two different (but similar) track lists.



Here you go bud

http://www.lurkerspath.com/2010/02/22/leviathan-demo-discography-1998-2002/


Damn, thanks a ton for the link!

Except I think I'm 3 years too late.
_________________
Good sellers/traders: metalmac, greenmonster, Transcendence, GoldenBull, Paria

Buy this crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carpathian_Florist



Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem man. Some of those demo's have his best material.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carpathian_Florist



Joined: 19 May 2012
Posts: 1062

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavyR wrote:
Carpathian_Florist wrote:
heavyR wrote:
I would just be happy if someone would rip their CD-R copies in good quality. I have mp3s of the majority of the demos, but there's a few I don't have that are in that picture.

Edit: actually the only two I don't have are 3 and 12. I have copies of 6 with two different (but similar) track lists.



Here you go bud

http://www.lurkerspath.com/2010/02/22/leviathan-demo-discography-1998-2002/


Damn, thanks a ton for the link!

Except I think I'm 3 years too late.


I am pretty sure all of those links work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
abbottur



Joined: 12 May 2010
Posts: 314
Location: Brisbane, Austra-ya

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only duds are the White Devil... and Howl... links, cheers for the post though, Ive been looking for these beasts for a while Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
heavyR



Joined: 28 Mar 2010
Posts: 1725
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone put up a working copy of XV?
_________________
Good sellers/traders: metalmac, greenmonster, Transcendence, GoldenBull, Paria

Buy this crap.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group