P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Autopsy - The Headless Ritual
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cochino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
cochino wrote:
Wow, a couple of years ago (or whenever ME came out) everybody was praising the shit out of the record and the band and now it turns out it's pure crap?

I honestly don't remember massive consensus around this album, opinions were mixed upon its day of release already. Also one should bear in mind that it's quite normal to look upon things more objectively once the initial excitement for one of your fave bands releasing stuff again after a long hiatus has vanished. Especially in genres like death/black metal where the real quality of an album tends to shine out considerably later than in, say, traditional heavy or thrash.

I could understand going from "the greatest" to "good" but from that to "crap" I don't, unless you stop liking Death Metal or something. I didn't agree to all the praise it got initially either, I always thought it was ok and was glad they didn't try to copy any of their older work but I felt it was a bit too long and some of the songs weren't good enough. But I remember everybody saying it was excellent and whatnot.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The consensus was this: songs are too long. Everybody agreed on that and indeed it wasnt praised like crazy. However nobody said it was CRAP

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Shiru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
The consensus was this: songs are too long.
but thats wasnt grindcore
Hellpig

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME was an ok album. Some really annoying songs on there but also a few really good ones ...

This piece of lyrical genius will not be forgotten though:

"I'll carve you a new fuckhole
And chain you to my toilet bowl"

Muhahahaha!!!
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiru wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQs7Gtuoco

Not grindcore yet everything necessary in 31 seconds.

"You can't hide the hook!"
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Shiru wrote:
asmael LeBouc wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqQs7Gtuoco

Not grindcore yet everything necessary in 31 seconds.

Even better in 27 secs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=KPw5tupcln4

This must be the best ratio shortness/efficacy. Beyond killer

The cover AMPUTATÖR did of it is awesome too

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
harald mentor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I´d love to believe the band doesn´t give a fuck, in Macabre Eternal they try to sound like they were expected: Mental Funeral. And trying too hard to fill those expectations, the album is a bit tame... The sound is not dirty, the arrangements are not wild. They even replay a couple of tricks right out of that classic album of theirs, and those moments make me think of equally desperate Killing The Dragon by Dio. With original Autopsy and later with Abscess they were more fresh in a rotten way. Hopefully the new stuff is more honest, since they really shouldn´t give a fuck about all the ass kissing old school death metal nostalgia.
abscess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The production could have been a little bit more abrasive/raw on ME.
Other than that I think it's a great album.

"Always About to Die" could fit right in on any of their older albums.
One of their best songs, imo.

I think the new tunes on the "All Tomorrow's Funerals" comp. left a bit to be desired.
Still looking forward to the new album though.
Petrificado

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harald mentor wrote:
Although I´d love to believe the band doesn´t give a fuck, in Macabre Eternal they try to sound like they were expected: Mental Funeral. And trying too hard to fill those expectations, the album is a bit tame... The sound is not dirty, the arrangements are not wild. They even replay a couple of tricks right out of that classic album of theirs, and those moments make me think of equally desperate Killing The Dragon by Dio. With original Autopsy and later with Abscess they were more fresh in a rotten way. Hopefully the new stuff is more honest, since they really shouldn´t give a fuck about all the ass kissing old school death metal nostalgia.

You really think Macabre Eternal is trying to sound like Mental Funeral? That's a bit odd...Its the same band but the similarities end there as far as I'm concerned.
Nemesis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldn't care less, autopsy never did wrong in my view and continue to do so untill now.. looking forward to the new material Cool
harald mentor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petrificado wrote:
harald mentor wrote:

You really think Macabre Eternal is trying to sound like Mental Funeral? That's a bit odd...Its the same band but the similarities end there as far as I'm concerned.

Autopsy and Abscess stuff between Mental Funeral and Macabre Eternal was always more fuck-off and less by-the-book dm. ME really sounds they want to please the more "serious metal" folks who keep praising Mental Funeral, yet never bought the wilder Shitfun or Abscess stuff. Long songs support this. Anyway, I really hope I´m wrong here, but I have this horrible feeling I´m not. I Hope they´ll prove me wrong with a great new album.
Petrificado

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harald mentor wrote:
Petrificado wrote:
harald mentor wrote:

Autopsy and Abscess stuff between Mental Funeral and Macabre Eternal was always more fuck-off and less by-the-book dm. ME really sounds they want to please the more "serious metal" folks who keep praising Mental Funeral, yet never bought the wilder Shitfun or Abscess stuff. Long songs support this. Anyway, I really hope I´m wrong here, but I have this horrible feeling I´m not. I Hope they´ll prove me wrong with a great new album.

I see your point, but I'm not sure I'd agree entirely. Personally, I'm happy with whatever they go for...it would be nice to have some more filth encrusted material but if they continue in the more 'mature' mould thats good too. They're probably burnt out on the Shitfun through to Abscess kinda stuff for the time being anyway.
METROIDBLASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macabre Eternal was good but I feel it would have been much better if the length was cut in half. Looking forward to the new album regardless.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Length isn't the main problem with ME, the lack of killer riffs is. Stating the obvious of course, but really they don't seem to have it anymore. They seem to be suffering from the same ageing death metal songwriter syndrome that affects Unleashed, Deicide, Obituary, Suffocation etc.
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like i am the only one who really enjoy all newest Autopsy records 100% both songwriting and productionwise...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: