P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

RECENT VINYL SCORES PART II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1618, 1619, 1620 ... 1880, 1881, 1882  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fork Tongue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got 2 out of the 3 Record Store Day releases that I gave a damn about so, not bad.
mikelapocalipsis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent mate!!! And the edition is well done. Forgotten Wisdom did a very good job on this one.

Dalen wrote:
mikelapocalipsis wrote:

How is the sound on that Tatir LP?

DrkKnight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deals: Travis N., xyosefx, Dark Descent, captainretardo
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bands that put out or participate in RSD specific releases deserve to be blacklisted from the "artistic role call" however there certainly isn't anything wrong with shops actually offering fair prices on releases once in a while... never bothered with RSD madness in the past as its one in the same with black friday, though I broke down this year and visited a few used shops with good deals anyhow. I guess I was felling saucy today? my strategy... go late in the afternoon with hopes of finding BS releases absolutely nobody cares about. that said, I think I did pretty okay for myself and exceeded any personal expectations. Sumatra comp was actually a brand new purchase, and was from a couple days back... of the 7 used items from today specifically, I spent about $30

(suk it!)
-x pac
Fork Tongue

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
bands that put out or participate in RSD specific releases deserve to be blacklisted from the "artistic role call" however there certainly isn't anything wrong with shops actually offering fair prices on releases once in a while... never bothered with RSD madness in the past as its one in the same with black friday, though I broke down this year and visited a few used shops with good deals anyhow. I guess I was felling saucy today? my strategy... go late in the afternoon with hopes of finding BS releases absolutely nobody cares about. that said, I think I did pretty okay for myself and exceeded any personal expectations. Sumatra comp was actually a brand new purchase, and was from a couple days back... of the 7 used items from today specifically, I spent about $30

(suk it!)
-x pac

Whats wrong with it? Ilsa had an offical RSD release. Never thought I'd see an Ilsa LP in Newbury Comics.
euroboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those bottom two (Witchgrave and Dead Lord) are two of the best records you will hear this year.
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
bands that put out or participate in RSD specific releases deserve to be blacklisted from the "artistic role call"...

What about labels? I bought two RSD exclusives from my local shop yesterday. Both were NWN! test presses. Black Witchery and Rotting Christ. They also had some killer Dark Descent test presses as well. All were there as RSD items. Are Yosuke and Matt no longer UG?

Local record stores are valuable cultural assets. If something like RSD helps keep them alive then I'm all for it.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you guys are reading me all wrong here... I am speaking of the BS releases that are designed PURELY for RSD... I am not talking about some shop sticking rare test presses, etc out as a special occasion type deal. now about RSD reissues... okay they have a purpose if you did not previously own the album, yes (as ALL represses would do naturally) yet at the same time, why must this be designated purely for RSD? and really, who needs a 20/25/30 year anniversary repress of slayer albums, etc on a different color each time, or even worse, pointless discarded B side tracks pressed to an EP. you know, those stupid ones that bait the consumer who knows no better so as to make them feel like they have something truly special or limited.

in essence its another day/holiday designed to get folks to shell out bucks more than they typically would, one day of the year. I do not know about you guys, but I don't need one particular day of the year to get me motivated to support my local shops/labels/bands, as I do that year round already... so with regards to that comment, you are barking up the wrong tree all together. I'm not a fairweather supporter/consumer.

and as far as labels are concerned, I bet YK, etc etc etc get annoyed when their scheduled releases get pushed back due to these dumb as fuck releases taking full priority at the plants...

*edit* @ fork tongue, I'm actually not sure what you are referring to when you mention Ilsa... I just think of the B/Grind series when I hear this term
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an Emerson, Lake & Palmer LP I really wanted from RSD 2 years ago I never found.... Crying or Very sad

http://www.discogs.com/Emerson-Lake-And-Palmer-Mar-Y-Sol-Recorded-Live-In-Concert/release/2835888
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed RSD due to work, debating visiting some shops today to see if i can find leftovers (or really the chelsea wolfe/king dude split) but not sure how these RSD exclusive releases work as far as that goes, nor do i know who carries sargent house releases specifically.

EDIT: I guess exclusives mean they're for sale at participating stores and only at this time, in other words restocks and online distro won't happen. Unfortunately the cw/king dude split is one of these so i guess i missed it.

Last edited by Reaper's Grave on Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porto Porto, És Campeăo EP
Hino Futebol Clube do Porto EP (not the real hymn, but it's a great score anyway)
Fork Tongue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:

*edit* @ fork tongue, I'm actually not sure what you are referring to when you mention Ilsa... I just think of the B/Grind series when I hear this term

Ilsa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHPrzqTOq0
Mysticus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMBRACE OF THORNS "Praying for Absolution" D-LP
PROCLAMATION "Nether Tombs Of Abaddon" LP
REVENGE "Triumph.Genocide.Antichrist" LP
REVENGE "Scum.Collapse.Eradication" LP
ROOT "The Revelation" D-LP
VARATHRON "Genesis of the Unaltered Evil" D-LP
VARATHRON/BLACK ALTAR/THORNSPAWN split-LP

All this from Floga Rec sales. And it arrived in just one week...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1618, 1619, 1620 ... 1880, 1881, 1882  Next
Page 1619 of 1882

Jump to: