P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Chthe'ilist - Finnish-Style Old School DM from Quebec
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mutilashawn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic band as I've already mentioned. Don't change a thing ever. Stay true to your vision and never deviate.
nekromaniak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT stuff!! the guitar sound especially!

your logo looks like a frog about to leap.. Razz
Chromaticity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, now that you pointed this out, I can't help but seeing that either.
Chromaticity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP.

Quote:
Cyber Monday just got exciting - Chthe'ilist shirts are now on preorder! Secure your size and color now! S-XL (XXL only by special request). $15 with shipping in the US, $17 with shipping elsewhere. birthad[at]gmail[dot]com for Paypal

As for the full length album, I should be finished with the writing process this winter. We're aiming for a late 2013 release. Cheers !
Guido

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for the full length album, I should be finished with the writing process this winter. We're aiming for a late 2013 release. Cheers !

Excellent news!
nervousautopsy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chromaticity wrote:

fucking good news. really dig these songs!
Thoth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be grabbing a shirt without a doubt ! But Phil you already know this. Support!

Eager for the full-length & possibly physical release of the demo, if it ever happens.
pussyfooter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit, how in the fuck i have missed this band! total ripper!
Pro Abortion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like what's going on with this band. Ultimate judgement will come with the full length, however. Best of luck.
Durathma

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking great, in a sea of unoriginal imitators and trendy kids going all old school THIS Destroys. Looking forward to seeing these fuckers live.

P.S Might be just me being a fag but the music deserves a better fitting logo.
medarov

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: Chthe'ilist - Finnish-Style Old School DM from Quebec Reply with quote

Check your inbox!
Thoth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durathma wrote:
Fucking great, in a sea of unoriginal imitators and trendy kids going all old school THIS Destroys. Looking forward to seeing these fuckers live.

P.S Might be just me being a fag but the music deserves a better fitting logo.

I actually really like the logo.

Also for those who didn't know yet, Chthe'ilist will be playing the Wings of Metal fest. on the 30th of August, in Montreal:

http://www.wingsofmetal.com/

Great fest if you ask me !
BreadGod

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember reviewing these guys. They're awesome.

http://autisticmetalhead.blogspot.com/2012/12/chtheilist-amechthntaasmrriachth.html
disaffected

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is some good shit, you guys should come play in minneapolis, ill def come out to see you guys!
Insideous nothing
Welcome to hell
World war whatever
Chromaticity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some news....

Quote:
We are very pleased to announce that Claude Leduc will be joining Chthe'ilist as 2nd guitarist. We have rehearsed with him last Friday and we think he is a perfect fit for the band. Not only does he play the songs flawlessly, but he listens to the same bands that influenced our music [you might disagree but I think that is very important], and is extremely versatile. He will also definitely contribute to the songwriting with his riffs. We would also like to announce that Laurent Bellemare will be our live vocalist and will share vocal duties with myself for live gigs. We also auditioned him last week and his vocal range is a perfect fit with our music, not to mention we both have a similar vocal technique. As I have previously said, I am not capable of handling both lead vocals and guitar duties at the same time in a live context….yet. While Laurent is our official live vocalist, PLEASE NOTE that ALL the VOCALS and LYRICS on the recordings will still be handled by myself. We are also soon auditioning a bassist. We’ll keep you updated.

As for the songwriting process itself, I am almost finished writing a song over 12 minutes heavily influenced by Timeghoul, Ripping Corpse, Demilich, and The Legend of Zelda : Majora’s mask [both the OST and story]. It it probably the weirdest and most diverse song I have written for this project so far. Another 7-8 minute – ish song – with the same influences and lyrical themes - is close to completion as well. Those 2 songs will be quite different from the other newest material both conceptually and musically. The rest of the newer material is already very similar to the tracks on our demo, though. Since we are completely rerecording the demo, I might as well write some more material that follows the same blueprints and concept. I wrote another 7 minute song last year, and we will definitely play it at our first show next August at the Wings of Metal Festival. Since Claude and I are both soloists and that we are influenced by similar music, it is obvious there will be more lead work and definitely longer solo sections [Lead trade-offs ala Judas Priest] on the album. For example, the new song that we will play in August features a 1 minute long solo trade off, and the re-recorded version of “Ve’coiitn’aphnat’smaalà” will also feature a new, lengthy solo section.

However, the songwriting process is far from being completed ; there’s a bunch of songs left to complete. The reason being is that I was in a writer’s block for a while, and some of the material that I wrote ended up being scrapped because I felt it wasn’t exactly what I wanted Chthe’ilist to be.

Instead, I have decided that all the riffs/parts of certain songs that didn’t fit in Chthe’ilist due to being too different will be used in not one, but TWO other side projects that I am also working on. One of these projects is very dark, blasphemous Black/Death Metal, heavily influenced by bands such as Imprecation, Impetuous Ritual, Incantation, Sarcofago, as well as bands like Havohej, Demoncy, Archgoat, Beherit, etc while the other project is extremely slow, cavernous yet melancolic Funeral Doom in the likes of Embrace The Emptiness era-Evoken, Esoteric, Thergothon, Catacombs, etc.

I doubt I will release anything with those projects before Chthe’ilist, but I will try to keep you updated on those as much as I can too. Oh and while I'm at it, go check out my other project Zealotry [zealotry.bandcamp.com], we've released our debut album this month, featuring Lille Gruber of Defeated Sanity on drums, and we've signed on Memento Mori recently.

Quote:
In case you haven't read our previous post, the songwriting for the full length album is taking more time that we thought. And because of that, we have decided to change our mind and have our demo Amechth'ntaas'm'rriachth finally released on tape to give you something while you are waiting for the album. Graceless Recordings will be pressing 200 tapes of the demo very soon. More infos to come.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: