P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Roadburn 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention we got a special hipster douchebag Roadburn edition of our 7" limited to 100 beardnecks!

Alternative artwork and clear / black splatter vinyl
Cedric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skygge wrote:
Cedric wrote:
Is Ash Borer worth checking out live? I don't know the band at all, but judging from the samples, the music sounds pretty good.

I was watching Ash Borer & Fell Voices in Hamburg yesterday, they show was really great and intensive, you should check them out, Ash Borer above all!

Ok
Grim Reality

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxx wrote:
Looking forward to this: going to be some cool shows!!
For those who interested: We will play on Thursday in the Green Room as last one: we will release a new 7" with 2 new songs with our not so new Vocalist!

Shit I thought you were talking about Urfaust there for a second! But I checked MA and see you got another band Herder. I'm relieved cos I thought it was gonna be a choice between Urfaust and Mourning Beloveth doing the full Sullen Sulcus which is one of the main highlights for me!

Ruins of Beverast are the main draw for me. There's a few other bands I like but the vast majority I don't really know and I'll happily just wander about and investigate some styles of things I normally don't listen to.

On Ash Borer - I listened to one of their albums a couple of times a while back. Bored the shite outa me. Snoozefest Yank style BM that has become popular through WITTR etc etc.But schedule permitting I might check it out as live this kind of stuff can come into its own eg WITTR themselves.
Wolfram

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretentious hipster shit!!!!!!
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That took surprisingly long this time Laughing

Aeonblade wrote:
Hyper distorted go nowhere songs with feedback sections. It's like everything wrong with doom.
xxx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIIRD GATEKEEPER wrote:
That took surprisingly long this time Laughing

indeed Very Happy
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're going, check out Elder.
malfeitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gladly Ash Borer aren't as hipster as you might think. Sure the music is closer to WITTR than Inquisition concerning American BM, but they're far away from looking like those Liturgy faggots. The vocalist for example had an Antaeus Shirt und Beherit patch, so I don't think these guys got into BM like 3 months before they started the band.
The gig in Berlin was intense and good, but I was really blown away from Fell Voices, which sounded a lot heavier and rawer than on record. Their drummer is a beast, the drumkit had to be fixed after each song. Don't know if their songs have actual lyrics or if it was just some random screams, but the drummer and bassist added those to the show without microphones and you could hear them loud!
In the end that gig had way more energy and anger than one of your average BM band.
Recommended.
Cedric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's something that bothers me about those bands though. They just scream, but from what I can tell it's just completely random? That's pretty dumb. I'd prefer it to be instrumental then.
speedfreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't think much of Fell Voices before nor after their show. Interesting, but not very entertaining. Ash Borer however have two great releases under their belt, Cold of Ages impressed me a lot more than their selftitled though. Saw them here in Reykjavík a couple weeks ago along with Fell Voices, their first date of the tour. They sure managed to bore the hell out of me, I guess I could blame the sound, but their performance was dull and tasteless, and the atmosphere was off. I must have jumped out for a cigarette 5 or 6 times during their hour-long set. Quite disappointed.
herraids

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ll be a dj in between bands again, fourth year in a row
http://www.facebook.com/PlanetAids
Opolus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
Pretentious hipster shit!!!!!!

Ever been there yourself or just repeating what troo-kvlt-warriors are proclaiming the last couple of years, without being there ONCE themselves at all?!?! I'll tell you what, "Roadburn" is one of the most professionally run and best festivals (additionally taking place in a beautiful town) around, . Are there "hipsters" (whatever that is anyway)? Of course there are, but then again, there's morons on fucking EVERY gig/festival these days, be it wankers at "True Metal" fests trying to convince you that some fucking MEDIEVAL STEEL rehearsal from only-the-lord-below-knows-when is better than "Powerslave"/"Ride The Lightning"________(insert popular, yet way superior classic here) or uniformed Goatfago warriors passing out, lying in their own vomit before even watching their must-see favourite bands! Besides, "Roadburn" has fucking DREAM DEATH playing, end of story!!
malfeitor wrote:
Gladly Ash Borer aren't as hipster as you might think. Sure the music is closer to WITTR than Inquisition concerning American BM, but they're far away from looking like those Liturgy faggots. The vocalist for example had an Antaeus Shirt und Beherit patch, so I don't think these guys got into BM like 3 months before they started the band.

Haven't heard a single note by AB, thus couldn't care less whether they're hipster and whatnot, BUT judging a band (or giving them credit for that matter) by a cool shirt and patch is pretty much lame in my book!
malfeitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opolus wrote:

Haven't heard a single note by AB, thus couldn't care less whether they're hipster and whatnot, BUT judging a band (or giving them credit for that matter) by a cool shirt and patch is pretty much lame in my book!

That wasn't my intention.
I went there because i really enjoyed the debut from Ash Borer, I don't care about their image at all. It was just an example that people yelling "hipster!" sometimes have no idea about the people behind the band and just do so because they have a modern sound.
I don't have more sympathies for them now just because of those shirts and patches, they're still the same band with the same music.
Just enjoyed the fact, that some narrow-minded people were proven quite wrong.

Interesting to see that some people really disliked Fell Voices on other dates. Maybe they just had their perfect day in Berlin, but most people really enjoyed them there.
Cedric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satan's Satyrs was best band of the festival for me.
IIIRD GATEKEEPER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Satan's Satyrs was best band of the festival for me.

One of the highlights for me as well; the sound was fucking sick, ultra raw and blown out, all in the red!!

Can't think of a better festival day I've ever been to than The Electric Acid Orgy friday.

Aeonblade wrote:
Hyper distorted go nowhere songs with feedback sections. It's like everything wrong with doom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: