P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

WALKMAN Cassette
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
I have an ipod because I'm not a spastic.

If I want to listen to a demo I listen it on a tape deck at home.


This. Also, I have a deck in my car for the same reason.
Back to top
cochino



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 552

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People being against ipods in such a passionate way is really funny. If you don't want one, just don't get it. I don't have one and that's it. It's just a thing that's there, if the guy who uses it is a moron is not the ipod's fault just like the mere fact of using a walkman doesn't make you great.
Personally, I do not miss walkmans at all, specially having to rewind tapes with a pen to save on batteries and having to carry around a bunch of tapes, fuck that shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lordoftherim



Joined: 13 Jul 2010
Posts: 2799

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
I have an ipod because I'm not a spastic.

If I want to listen to a demo I listen it on a tape deck at home.

_________________
trade-want list/available list- http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20339
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Werewolf



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3279
Location: IsraHell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: WALKMAN Cassette Reply with quote

asmael LeBouc wrote:
rubbish
If you like the way your tapes sound in your car, you can take the deck out, connect it to an adapter (9 or 12 Volt, probably) and connect the deck to your amp at home.


_________________
WWW.INFERNALROCKNROLL.BANDCAMP.COM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Visceral



Joined: 07 Jun 2012
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my MP3 player but this:



it's just beautiful to see and listen.
_________________
http://sanvisceral.blogspot.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ADB



Joined: 20 Jan 2009
Posts: 2335
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
I have an ipod because I'm not a spastic.

If I want to listen to a demo I listen it on a tape deck at home.

_________________
Ignivomous merch: abaddon_963[at]hotmail.com
Whitehorse Bandcamp
Voidchrist Bandcamp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Too Dark Park



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Posts: 986
Location: Uppa Slutt NZ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrashaholickyle wrote:
I do collect cassettes but I ain't lugging them around. Mp3 player or my tablet work fine. Ripping isn't hard to do either (Line In+Audacity on PC).


What are your muscles made of straw. Laughing
_________________
DOOMLORD wrote: ...22 min track and it just fucking crawls like a dying sloth through vomit = PURE EVIL !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
satanic ritual abuse



Joined: 09 May 2011
Posts: 2128

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
People being against ipods in such a passionate way is really funny. If you don't want one, just don't get it. I don't have one and that's it. It's just a thing that's there, if the guy who uses it is a moron is not the ipod's fault just like the mere fact of using a walkman doesn't make you great.
Personally, I do not miss walkmans at all, specially having to rewind tapes with a pen to save on batteries and having to carry around a bunch of tapes, fuck that shit.

My girlfriend has an Ipod nano, now all computers in the household have itunes installed and it keeps bugging me about updates and shit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellfire Commando



Joined: 23 May 2006
Posts: 2226
Location: Montréal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still use a Sony walkman almost everyday. I have a lot of awesome albums on tapes, demos and compilations and I love listening to them while walking to work. It's great! I also have a cheap ipod shuffle, but the battery always dies and I become bored of the mix, so I just forget it and go back to my walkman haha.
_________________
The Goat of fire in me ablaze
Oh cosmic furnace I behold
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VATRA I SUMPOR



Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 1804

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
I still use a Sony walkman almost everyday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
asmael LeBouc



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3432
Location: Paris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Werewolf:

1. My car tape desk is built in so cant be removed
2. Who the fuck would carry a tape desk to listen to his tapes outside?
3. I can plug my walkman to the AUX. cable of my amp

Anyway... Look at these beauties







Love this one





So niiiice, which I had $100 to spare for this
_________________
DISJECTA MEMBRAE plays Vomitive Doom

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gravelander



Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 251

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Anyone ever used one of these? I was thinking about giving one a try for the hell of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKMAN-Tape-to-PC-USB-Cassette-to-MP3-Converter-Capture-Audio-Music-Player-/150959887538?pt=Cassette_Players&hash=item2325e914b2


please don't buy this!!!
a friend of mine wanted to make this walkman as a gift for me, but the sound was VERY bad...
It was just to convert tapes to mp3 - but if you want to do this don't choose the walkman above!

Luckily I do have two old walkmans at my home. My very first walkman was destroyed unfortunately - after many years of use. But I just asked friends and their families and I've got three walkmans for free - it's great how many people still have this players but just don't use them.
1 of the 3 walkmans was rubbish again, just bad sound... but the other players are good enough for a good analogue experience.

If you want to have an USB-convertion I can recommend this:
http://www.amazon.de/TAPE2PC-Kassettendeck-Converter-Software-Kompatibel/dp/B000VG802I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365690468&sr=8-2&keywords=ion+tape+pc
you can also record directly from your pc to tape, but of course also from tape to pc - and from tape to tape - so what do you want more?
good quality!
and just google this, you can find this much cheaper than on the Amazon-page.
_________________
Trade/Sell-List
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32060
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HotBlack



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 2224
Location: osaka][:::;;;>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
...The last thing I need is another gadget...


I'm carrying a Ghz computer *(with 64GB of storage at my disposal) that fits in the palm of my hand, that also happens to make phone calls and take HD photos. That about wraps it up for me.
_________________
IXTAB wrote:
The retard getting hit with a guitar is starting to become annoying.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
The_Elite



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Posts: 2686
Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HotBlack wrote:
IXTAB wrote:
...The last thing I need is another gadget...


I'm carrying a Ghz computer *(with 64GB of storage at my disposal) that fits in the palm of my hand, that also happens to make phone calls and take HD photos. That about wraps it up for me.


you are a false, you must carry a big bulky walkman/ spare batteries/ extra cassettes around with you! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 6958

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravelander wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
Anyone ever used one of these? I was thinking about giving one a try for the hell of it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKMAN-Tape-to-PC-USB-Cassette-to-MP3-Converter-Capture-Audio-Music-Player-/150959887538?pt=Cassette_Players&hash=item2325e914b2


please don't buy this!!!
a friend of mine wanted to make this walkman as a gift for me, but the sound was VERY bad...
It was just to convert tapes to mp3 - but if you want to do this don't choose the walkman above!

Luckily I do have two old walkmans at my home. My very first walkman was destroyed unfortunately - after many years of use. But I just asked friends and their families and I've got three walkmans for free - it's great how many people still have this players but just don't use them.
1 of the 3 walkmans was rubbish again, just bad sound... but the other players are good enough for a good analogue experience.

If you want to have an USB-convertion I can recommend this:
http://www.amazon.de/TAPE2PC-Kassettendeck-Converter-Software-Kompatibel/dp/B000VG802I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365690468&sr=8-2&keywords=ion+tape+pc
you can also record directly from your pc to tape, but of course also from tape to pc - and from tape to tape - so what do you want more?
good quality!
and just google this, you can find this much cheaper than on the Amazon-page.


Thanks for the info. I thought it looked pretty cheap and shitty.


Another general note is that in my experience portable tape players destroy more tapes. At least I know for sure that my Walkman ate a lot more tapes than my deck at home.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group