P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Ghost at Lollapalooza?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dronevil



Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 1742
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghost at Lollapalooza? Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Imagine if it was the Japanese Ghost? Razz Razz Razz Razz


that was actually my first reaction when i saw this thread.
_________________
Taphephobia Productions
Mosquito Control
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blutkvlt



Joined: 25 Feb 2010
Posts: 5580
Location: latino wizards guild

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
Blutkvlt wrote:
Everyone beat me to every quote from that Simpsons episode. My life is meaningless.

"Got any messages for Jimi Hendrix?"


Yeah, come pick up your dog.
_________________
"I really wonder what's the source of this gayness music"

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ihslahm



Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 995

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck this shit, i am selling all my Cure albums.
_________________
"...that magnificent deer has vanished."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncolored



Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1326
Location: Cagliari/Italy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
How could they possibly fail to find a company that would print that? Makes no sense...


this is called marketing! I bet they did choose bullshit printing company on purpose to fuel the hype
_________________
Germaniac wrote:
Caller Of The Storms may be black, but he has an aryan heart.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
outlaw-recordings



Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 841

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'll make no comment on the band Ghost or their music (since I've never heard them), I was still surprised to see a band who I see mentioned here on the NWN forum is playing at a festival with ERIC CHURCH. He's quite popular down here in the south, kind of new school country with a Christian edge (hence the Church last name?). The spraytan blond Nashville women I know from my job are into Eric Church. That's not a good sign that Ghost is playing a festival with him.

I don't think "staying true" is about not achieving any success or turning down reasonable offers to play festivals that make sense, but I just can't see a metal band doing this back in the day. Meaning, if they had some bullshit ass music fest in the US with lots of random bands of every type of music, I don't see Mercyful Fate being like "Yeah, we'll play it". From what I remember (of the 90s) that's the whole point of that Lollapalooza fest, is to 'break down musical walls', but again, mixing Eric Church and some 'pseudo satanic metal band' like Ghost just seems silly.

These days it seems like bands will do anything for a bit of money and an audience, even if it isn't an audience that will appreciate them. To me, that makes no sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dalihrob



Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 1408
Location: Czech republic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe they just don't have a clue who is Eric Church Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
FUCK Mumford and Sons! What kind of name is that for a band anyway? Sounds like some goddamn marmalade company from a hundred years ago


This has me dying. Laughing
Back to top
Uncolored



Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 1326
Location: Cagliari/Italy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlaw-recordings wrote:
That's not a good sign that Ghost is playing a festival with him.


the band playing at lollapalooza is not the swedish ghost since in the USA they were forced to change name into ghost b.c.
_________________
Germaniac wrote:
Caller Of The Storms may be black, but he has an aryan heart.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ihslahm



Joined: 12 Jun 2008
Posts: 995

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outlaw-recordings wrote:
While I'll make no comment on the band Ghost or their music (since I've never heard them), I was still surprised to see a band who I see mentioned here on the NWN forum is playing at a festival with ERIC CHURCH. He's quite popular down here in the south, kind of new school country with a Christian edge (hence the Church last name?). The spraytan blond Nashville women I know from my job are into Eric Church. That's not a good sign that Ghost is playing a festival with him.

I don't think "staying true" is about not achieving any success or turning down reasonable offers to play festivals that make sense, but I just can't see a metal band doing this back in the day. Meaning, if they had some bullshit ass music fest in the US with lots of random bands of every type of music, I don't see Mercyful Fate being like "Yeah, we'll play it". From what I remember (of the 90s) that's the whole point of that Lollapalooza fest, is to 'break down musical walls', but again, mixing Eric Church and some 'pseudo satanic metal band' like Ghost just seems silly.

These days it seems like bands will do anything for a bit of money and an audience, even if it isn't an audience that will appreciate them. To me, that makes no sense.


In 1993 I went to the Roskilde festival in Denmark and Mercyful Fate played on the main stage at 3 in the morning right after a long set by Parliament Funkadelic. One of the other nights Peter Gabriel was the headliner followed by a very late night set by No Means No. It also had Sepultura, Accept, Rollins band, but also Dwight Yokam, a symphony doing Carmina Bourana, Bjork, some finnish accapella mens choirs and super mainstream stuff like ZZ Top and Aereosmith. At the time Lollapalloza was big in the states and thought it was risque to booking stuff like Fishbone/Dinosaur Jr./Tool/Front 242.

Just pointing out that metal bands have been doing this kind of diverse festival for ages, but it took Lollapallooza/US audiences a long time to catch up to the kind of diversity offered at some that some European rock fests have been doing for decades already.

I still don't like Ghost however.
_________________
"...that magnificent deer has vanished."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mithrandir



Joined: 28 Jul 2009
Posts: 901

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be awesome to go to a fest that had Mercyful Fate, NoMeanNo and Peter Gabriel!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grindmonkeyagain



Joined: 19 Feb 2011
Posts: 1061
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, Tegan and Sara.
_________________
my records
my experimental project and netlabel
good traders/buyers/sellers: Jalmym203, spinefreeze, Doom-Mantia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
under a funeral shroom



Joined: 29 Oct 2008
Posts: 1556
Location: pgh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan
Parsons project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vegeta



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 2003
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

under a funeral shroom wrote:
Grand Funk Railroad paved the way for Jefferson Airplane, which cleared
the way for Jefferson Starship. The stage was now set for the Alan
Parsons project, which I believe was some sort of hovercraft.


Nobody cares about your fucking dinosauer bands!
_________________
Metal Archives wrote:
Illud Divinum Insanus was the 9/11 of death metal

Werwolf wrote:
I actually thought of doing an acetate repress limited to 1 copy just to fuck with people
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldenBull



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7144

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Thanks to your depressing music, my kids have stopped dreaming of a future I can't possibly provide."

Ok I think I'll watch an entire season of this show now, haha. Fucking hangovers...
_________________
Weltbrand wrote:
I actually had Emperor in mind for some reason, but yeah the same logic would apply to a shredded goat man with his dick flapping in the wind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nyx



Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 171

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have simpsons quotes instead of legos now? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group