P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

WANTLIST: Amon Amarth
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndY4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: WANTLIST: Amon Amarth Reply with quote

Hi everybody.

I'm new to this forum because you are one of my last hopes to get some Amon Amarth stuff I'm after for years now.

If you have some of them I would be happy to read your offers:

The Arrival of the Fimbul Winter - green and red cassette
Scum DEMO 1 - red cassette
Sorrow throughout the nine worlds - promo CD

Once sent from the golden hall - cassette
The Crusher - cassette
Versus the World - cassette
Fate of Norns - cassette
With oden on our side - cassette
Twilight of the thnuder god - cassette
Surtur rising - cassette

Thanks in advance!

Best, Andy

Last edited by AndY4 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Orkblut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck man! I've been searching some of the stuff you are after for years, and on this forum! + others

Does that mean you have the Blue Arrival of the Fimbul Winter demo?? I have the red & Green ones. I'll complete the collection one day.

I have a few cassettes, With Oden, Twilight of the thunder god, Vs The World, Avenger, Once sent.... Sometimes they pop up on ebay from a seller in Indonesia or Thailand.

I saw on the AA forum an offer for $500 or so was going around for the SCUM Demo.
AndY4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.

Thanks for your interesting answer. Yes I have the blue and the purple tape of "The Arrival of the Fimbul Winter". At first, it was supposed that the purple one was a fake but I think it isn't. I know two other serious collectors which have that one and got mine from a collector who received it directly from Olavi Mikkonen. So I'm very sure: There are four colours.

Yes I saw the cassettes of the different albums on ebay two but I only got The avenger so far. I keep looking.

Maybe we can trade some things one day.
Orkblut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been collecting amon amarth stuff for over a decade now! I have never heard of or seen a Purple version of The Arrival of the Fumbul WInter demo, i remember somone was trying to pass off clear ones as official, but they were bootlegs. I always thought there was only red, blue & Green. I am trying to find a spare demo to give to Ted (the bassist), because he forgot to keep one for himself back in the day!

I'll keep my eye out on ebay for those cassettes you are looking for, Fate of norns, The Crusher & Surtur rising have never been made into cassette, not yet!

What are some of the rarest Amon items you have??
I think my Once Sent.....Original Vinyl test press would be mine, along with the demos & Signed drum skin. i'll try find my list of stuff and post it here
AndY4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said I know of three purple tapes (more than green actually) so far and don't believe they are bootlegs because of the reasons I've already mentioned. However, I still try to get an official statement.

Well, my rarest items are some promos, the Fimbul Winter tapes and a handwritten letter of Olavi Mikkonen, but I need some official statement for this as well - although the contact I got it from seems to be reliable.

I don't really know if I'll collect LP's as well so I haven't got any test pressings yet.

I'll post my have-list here when I have some time.

Btw: Are there any special Amon Amarth releases in Australia that are worth collecting?
AndY4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*push*
AndY4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*up*
Orkblut

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Arrival of the Fimbul Winter red demo sold for about $300 on ebay the other day!
AndY4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know there are two red versions? One is of Scum records and another one of Fimbul Records.
Orkblut

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah i didn't! i thought the SCUM Records was the only red one, i have that & Fimbul Records Green cassette. & The SCUM Records version was the one sold on ebay last week. I was going to try and buy it but it was just way to expensive!
AndY4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orkblut wrote:
nah i didn't! i thought the SCUM Records was the only red one, i have that & Fimbul Records Green cassette. & The SCUM Records version was the one sold on ebay last week. I was going to try and buy it but it was just way to expensive!

It was me who bought this for a riciculous prize of more than 300 dollars. So you pushed the prize the whole time?? - grrrrrr Very Happy

However, I had no other chance to get hold of it and wanted it badly. Thus, I have to eat less this month to save some money Laughing

However, there is obviously another red version. I asked Olavi about it and he said that it is "most likely no fake".
Orkblut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha! Nice, i did not bid on it, as i already have it & it was way to expensive for me to get a 2nd one! i was just going to try get it for Ted or to trade. So there was someone else willing to pay almost just as much! I guess i should be glad i have at least 2 of the demos, they are getting extremely hard to find. Maybe 2-3 times a year they come up on ebay, but it will soon be less and less.

Good luck on the rest of your Amon quest!
AndY4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orkblut wrote:
haha! Nice, i did not bid on it, as i already have it & it was way to expensive for me to get a 2nd one! i was just going to try get it for Ted or to trade. So there was someone else willing to pay almost just as much! I guess i should be glad i have at least 2 of the demos, they are getting extremely hard to find. Maybe 2-3 times a year they come up on ebay, but it will soon be less and less.

Good luck on the rest of your Amon quest!

Hehe okay. Yes maybe there was another one - or a guy pushing the prize.
Thx mate - wish you luck too. Perhaps we can trade some days.
I keep looking for a blue tape for you.
Humus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, didn't know these were so rare. Saw someone sell his copy (can't remember which colour) including a handwritten letter last year privately. Was no-where near those ebay prices either.
Orkblut

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Hah, didn't know these were so rare. Saw someone sell his copy (can't remember which colour) including a handwritten letter last year privately. Was no-where near those ebay prices either.

Yeah, thats the 2nd time i have seen the red one go for around $300.

I paid $100 for mine, and about 60-70 Euro for the Green one.

Sometimes they're really expensive, other times, not to bad, considering it's a peice of death metal history! '

Where did you see someone sell their copy anyway? do you know who bought it? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: