P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Nokturnal Mortum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALCHAMESTE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"To the gates of blasphemous fire" is a quite good album I think, perhaps the most "Black" metal album Nokturnal Mortum has ever done.

But "The voice of steel" is undoubtedly their best work to date, more "Folkish" and less "Black" yes, but with an incredible atmosphere and an impressive songwriting.

By the way, the new album will probably be out this year (if all things goes well).
Valgrinder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:
Was really dissappointed cause Kolovorot didnt had any "real songs" from Goathorns. Would been great to hear Goathorns songs with those sounds that Kolovorot had.

There is one, Kolyada but the arrangement is more in like the version on Eastern Hammer split.

Youre right, how could I forgot that one. Only remembered that awesome synth intro that wasnt included on live DVD.
Zone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Weltanschauung even available here in the US?
Vapula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
Valgrinder wrote:
Was really dissappointed cause Kolovorot didnt had any "real songs" from Goathorns. Would been great to hear Goathorns songs with those sounds that Kolovorot had.

There is one, Kolyada but the arrangement is more in like the version on Eastern Hammer split.

Youre right, how could I forgot that one. Only remembered that awesome synth intro that wasnt included on live DVD.

The version from the Eastern Hammer split is a lot better than goat horns version but it would have been good if they had played the title track from goat horns on the live album it's the best NK song in my opinion.
nileppez

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALCHAMESTE wrote:
"To the gates of blasphemous fire" is a quite good album I think, perhaps the most "Black" metal album Nokturnal Mortum has ever done.

But "The voice of steel" is undoubtedly their best work to date, more "Folkish" and less "Black" yes, but with an incredible atmosphere and an impressive songwriting.

By the way, the new album will probably be out this year (if all things goes well).

Great. Most awaited release of this genre this year, along with Graveland and Morrigan (though the Morrigan might be disappointing judging by trailer)
Eternal Soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to buy the vinyl version of ''The voice of steel'' but I've read that the CD version sounds better. If it's true I don't see the point. Can someone tell me more about this?
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal Soul wrote:
I'm planning to buy the vinyl version of ''The voice of steel'' but I've read that the CD version sounds better. If it's true I don't see the point. Can someone tell me more about this?

Yea it's basically true, the drum sound on the vinyl is kinda fucky. Someone said that on here I think and I bought it anyway, not a bad purchase but not worth it if you have the cd.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vinyl sounds better than the cd.

"You can't hide the hook!"
criminal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the interesting comparison of "The Voice of Steel" CD and vinyl version: http://www.metal-fi.com/nokturnal-mortum-the-voice-of-steel/

As for "Істина" and split with Graveland - I am very glad to hear these news from my favorite band of nowadays and both of these records are my highest anticipations for 2013 and 2014 (NM work on albums very slow that's why I doubt that we will hear new music from them in the current year, at least both of planned releases).
Descension

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

criminal wrote:
Here is the interesting comparison of "The Voice of Steel" CD and vinyl version: http://www.metal-fi.com/nokturnal-mortum-the-voice-of-steel/

As for "Істина" and split with Graveland - I am very glad to hear these news from my favorite band of nowadays and both of these records are my highest anticipations for 2013 and 2014 (NM work on albums very slow that's why I doubt that we will hear new music from them in the current year, at least both of planned releases).

Cool website, thanks.

This is their most impressive effort yet, no doubt. I never use them term "epic", but...

Didn't read btw, is the vinyl version available through any US distros?
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal Soul wrote:

The CD sounds much better than the vinyl unfortunately. It's usually the other way around, but not this time. If someone says otherwise, well then they haven't heard it on both formats. I was quite disappointed after been listening to the CD for quite some time, and then bought the vinyl... ugh.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheUnborn wrote:
If someone says otherwise, well then they haven't heard it on both formats.

I have both formats and I had been listening to the CD for at least two years before the vinyl was even out. So I was pretty ready to hear the difference and it was huge. Maybe you just don't like dynamic sounds...

I think the best quote from that metal-fi site is from the Amon Amarth review: "This album and this vinyl master simply destroys the argument that metal “needs to be loud.” Metal needs to be dynamic. Let the listener decide what the volume should be."

"You can't hide the hook!"
TheUnborn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
TheUnborn wrote:
If someone says otherwise, well then they haven't heard it on both formats.

I have both formats and I had been listening to the CD for at least two years before the vinyl was even out. So I was pretty ready to hear the difference and it was huge. Maybe you just don't like dynamic sounds...

In other words, maybe I don't like how vinyl sounds, is that it? Vinyl is the format I listen to most of the time and absolutely prefer, so I'd say I've got that covered.
Believe me, I want the vinyl to be better on such a grand album.

As long as the atmosphere is better on the cd on this particular release, then that's the format I choose when I want to spin The Voice Of Steel.
In a perfect world the vinyl always win, but this world just ain't perfect.

Anyway, it's a brilliant record. "Valkyrie", "Ukraine" and "White Tower" makes this a classic in it's genre in a few years time most probably.
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very familiar with all NM albums but Goat Horns is dear classic, i love those synths Smile Voice of Steel is epic as goat too, really good stuff. Nechrist is bad when i last checked that.

Do you guys like Saturious' white power metal band Finist? I love that shit, so cheerful and overly happy melodies with disharmonic clean vocals.
Cross of Donar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LP sounds like the CD has been used as a pre-master, not very smart. All the guitars, which are panned to hard left and right and give the CD a wide and full sound, are gone on the record. Any ME should have adjusted that right away, so I guess it was never touched by one and they just used the CD as master.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 17 of 20

Jump to: