P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

LP SENT IN A PIZZA BOX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a copy of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here in a pizza box once. No bends, folds, dents or marks anywhere...Rise Above Records take note Laughing
samsquanch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardboard is cardboard, quit being wimps. I used to trade videos and would use empty beer cartons to ship them at times.

Worst I ever got was a bunch of tapes from Eternal Warfare in a fucking paper Safeway bagel bag........
Iscariah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my Sarcofago Rotting LP from Germany just wrapped in brown packing paper.

LABEL (MORBOSIDAD / NOMINON SPLIT OUT NOW + DEATHCULT NORWAY CASSETTES):
www.edgedcircleproductions.com
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a pizza last night and it came in a gatefold album cover Confused
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
I ordered a pizza last night and it came in a gatefold album cover Confused

That was bound to happen... Did it come with a patch of the pizzeria?

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came with a die hard garlic bread flag.
da666

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Pizza boxes often are even better than regular mailers, I've been using them regularly for 5-6 years, never a complaint. Thread starter needs to stop being a fucking whiney pussy.

I never thought I would say this, but I completely agree with you. If theyre cheap and strong then why not?

Agreed (especially on the never thought i'd agree with him part haha).
But yeah, when i did the DYLFS LPs the only boxes i could get that were not custom made and expensive here were unused pizza boxes in bulk wholesale, as they are 13" or something, so they fit a 12" really well, also can be folded up tight for one LP, or folded into box form for multiple. Never had a complaint or a problem with them.

Curious, do people actually care or "check out" the packages they get things in? Honestly, i open it up and if nothing is damaged i don't inspect whether it's a gold plated box or wrapped in a used diaper.
Under Command

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Pizza boxes often are even better than regular mailers, I've been using them regularly for 5-6 years, never a complaint. Thread starter needs to stop being a fucking whiney pussy.

I never thought I would say this, but I completely agree with you. If theyre cheap and strong then why not?

This.

Never thought one would complaint about the vnkvltness of a fucking mail packaging. that's weird.
Azmoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Azmoth wrote:
I should have sent 150 packages in pizza boxes in the past, had ONE problem, one corner bent shipped to Australia. Had to replace it then.

Not sure I got this right, did the addressee actually ask you to replace the lp because of one bent corner?

Yes, the corner was badly bent. My mistake not to have protected it more. Some requests I had for lighter bent corners problems with double boxing packagings were far more pains in the ass. Anyway, being a label/distro is a tough life.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desolatesounds wrote:

I received my "Realm of Chaos" LP in a bubble mailer. The two selfmade stiffeners inside didn't help anyway.
My last order from Earache (UK).

I bought a NM copy of "Screaming for Vengeance" and it was shipped inside a wine carton without any further packaging.
When I got it it was no more near mint.

I recently received an order from discogs that was shipped in a bubble mailer braced by two used happy birthday giftbags. I also once got a package from a Finnish discogs seller who had merely cut pieces of cardboard to cover, not even fully mind you, the newspaper wrapped lp. Pizza boxes really aren't that bad, I find it funny though.

Also to whoever asked, the guy from the link I posted doesn't own a pizza shop unfortunately. Those would be awesome boxes to receive a pie in though.
Rósachd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vapula wrote:
I got an EP in the post a few years ago from Turanian Honour Productions in a used Garlic bread box, the box was covered in grease stains I couldn't believe it when I got it. Luckily nothing was damaged as a few others said already some pizza boxes can be ok to use as mailers but how retarded can you be to send something in a used pizza box.

Yes! This was the exact label I was thinking of when I saw this thread.

No complaints though, the shirt arrived fine.
asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you receive CULTES DES GHOULES/Goat Tyrant from Sweden, a pizza box with a cartoon pizzaiolo on it is a pretty unexpected box

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great reason to get butthurt and start a discussion on a forum about it, indeed Idea Idea Idea
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azmoth wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Azmoth wrote:
I should have sent 150 packages in pizza boxes in the past, had ONE problem, one corner bent shipped to Australia. Had to replace it then.

Not sure I got this right, did the addressee actually ask you to replace the lp because of one bent corner?

Yes, the corner was badly bent. My mistake not to have protected it more. Some requests I had for lighter bent corners problems with double boxing packagings were far more pains in the ass. Anyway, being a label/distro is a tough life.

Fair of you, if I had to ask for a replacement every time I got a brandnew record with a bent corner or seam split I'd probably have to spend my entire life bombing distros with emails. Seriously, I'd love to put all these "must be mint or I'll send it back" fetishists on a time machine and bring them back to the late '80ies when you had to wait months for your lp to show up in the mailbox, most of the times poorly packed and beaten up -IF it did show up at all that is. Bet they wouldn't whine about pizza boxes.

The ubermint-syndrome is yet another clear symptom of those bad degenerative OCD pathologies discussed in some other thread.
death

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy shipped to me an LP in a Pizza Box without any damages on LP Smile

http://www.discogs.com/user/stelnad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: