P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Economic Crisis? Metal Crisis?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kapalika

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I gather shit hasnīt even really hit the fan so far - at least for us in Euroland. It might be that this crisis (thanks to the worldīs investment banks) turns into a depression and then the monthly metal budget should be a rather irrelevant concern.
Letīs se how things look in one or two weeks, urgh.
bmdk666

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markos wrote:
i've spent my entire life in economic crisis, so it's just business as usual around these parts.

Laughing this made me laugh...
Same with me here.
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

37% drop in the value of the Australian Dollar over the last month......looks like I'll be trying to pay for records with Kangaroo skins and boomerangs from here on in. Now I'm seriously not buying much from overseas for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still going strong here.
ticino1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I care less about the expencies for buying metal cds, then about the results. Many here probably remember, how dead was metal back in the second half of the ninties. We had back then a similar crisis situation. People had less money, buyed less. Shops sold less, artists produced less.

The positive part: Only the real tough survived!
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
37% drop in the value of the Australian Dollar over the last month......looks like I'll be trying to pay for records with Kangaroo skins and boomerangs from here on in. Now I'm seriously not buying much from overseas for a while.

Yeah I came to the same conclusion today. The dollar dropped to 0.70 against the US today and while once upon a time that was de riguer, it's totally underwhelming now.

I'd love a simple explanation of why the AU dollar... and in fact all currencies across the globe it seems are suffering against the US during their economic crisis? Seems odd to me, but I'm no finance expert he he
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while I'm no expert I have a bit of a grounding in finances - my Ex of 5 years was a financial planner so I picked up a bit.

As they would have you beleive, its due to financial speculators in asia moving their holdings into currencies which have issued guarenteed 90 day bonds at high interest. Currency is quite volatile at the best of times, so given that they are doing this to shore up the crappy investments they have made in sub-prime loans in the states, their governments are doing this to prevent total collapse like happened in 96-97.

While that will attract interest for 3 months, by the time those bonds expire their speculation-based economies may well be wrecked, while australian banks are backed by solid export on the minerals/comodities market. So I think we'll see a bounce back to around 85 US cents by the end of the year. By that time, I think the AUS government will have gaurenteed the banks against failures, and a 3 month break on the interest rates is ok - I'll just throw $$$ at the mortgage while the rates are going down.
Blood and Thunder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
while I'm no expert I have a bit of a grounding in finances - my Ex of 5 years was a financial planner so I picked up a bit.

As they would have you beleive, its due to financial speculators in asia moving their holdings into currencies which have issued guarenteed 90 day bonds at high interest. Currency is quite volatile at the best of times, so given that they are doing this to shore up the crappy investments they have made in sub-prime loans in the states, their governments are doing this to prevent total collapse like happened in 96-97.

While that will attract interest for 3 months, by the time those bonds expire their speculation-based economies may well be wrecked, while australian banks are backed by solid export on the minerals/comodities market. So I think we'll see a bounce back to around 85 US cents by the end of the year. By that time, I think the AUS government will have gaurenteed the banks against failures, and a 3 month break on the interest rates is ok - I'll just throw $$$ at the mortgage while the rates are going down.

he he, as the good book says, "Ask and ye shall receive."

Thanks for the insight... Do you think that US release schedules can be put on ice until our dollar goes up again???
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: