P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

SUFFOCATION new song from 'Pinnacle of Bedlam' (!!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
transearth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinnacle Of Bedlam is amazing record. They've got it all back. The way Culross plays on the new album is phenomenal.

Blood Oath was a horrible joke of an album.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

transearth wrote:
Pinnacle Of Bedlam is amazing record. They've got it all back. The way Culross plays on the new album is phenomenal.

Blood Oath was a horrible joke of an album.

It's not phenomenal by any mean but it's indeed sheer gold compared to that BO abomination. Still, probably their strongest one since Despise the Sun.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After giving the entire record 3 good front to back listens, I will say this - better than BLOOD OATH, but overall this one gets boring fast...like a lot of the later Suffocation records.

The sound is great, Frank's vocs are great, but it is not too memorable in the riffs/songs department...it is not bad and not great - just good/decent.

A prediction - the new Immolation will smoke this record.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been fully engaged by anything they've done since Despise the Sun, no luck with this either for me.
transearth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

It's not phenomenal by any mean but it's indeed sheer gold compared to that BO abomination. Still, probably their strongest one since Despise the Sun.

Anything is sheer gold compared to BO, that album shouldn't be compared to anything, that's blasphemy.
What Culross did on the new album is exceptional to say the least, he managed to retain the Suffo style 200% but he added so much detail of his own, it's complex yet so natural and compact, one doesn't even notice, there's so much incredible flow, groove, brutality in the drumming and last but not least Culross is a team player, there's not a single moment on the record where he would be going over the top just for the sake of showing how skilled, phenomenal if you want, he is or could be and this is what I actually call phenomenal in its own right.
Also, the new album is mainly, and successfully, focusing on the style that's common for Breeding/Pierced albums, so I don't have a problem to say Pinnacle is their strongest stuff since Pierced (Despise is a whole different story sort of) and clearly the best reunion-era album. In comparing to BS/PFW albums, Suffo have obviously simplified songs' structures on the new album but the composition is still genius (+some fresh and powerful riffing, arranges there) and miles ahead of the competition. The precision of some of the more complex riffs played on this album is absolutely mind blowing and I am not afraid it's 'production issue'.
I just would love to hear what would Stravinsky say after listening to songs like Pinnacle of Bedlam, Inversion, Rapture of Revocation, Purgatorial Punishment... I would like to hope he would be at least a little bit satisfied.
Except for those ND influenced riffs (songs 3-4-5) and some solos that I didn't fully grasp yet I consider the new album absolutely flawless.
Descension

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This album is terribly boring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: