P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Anathema
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
passetiermes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that Anathema has another release from 94, a 7'EP called The Sweet Suffering... where the fuck do these pop? This was added to Metal Archives in 2012.
Not that I'm trying to hunt this one down, but it would be interesting to hear these songs.

Quote:
7" Test Pressing, Collectors Club series limited to members only. 5 copies were made.
The version of 'The Sweet Suffering' on this 7" is not the same as the version released on 'The Crestfallen' EP, this is longer and rawer than that.
The length of the track 'All Faith Is Lost' differs from the version on the demo.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Anathema/The_Sweet_Suffering/340289

Quote:
This 7" was meant to be the sixth in the Peaceville exclusive Collectors Club series - limited to members only.

This test pressing was already made for the release, but the 7" was withdrawn at the last moment and never released. 'We Are The Bible' was quickly recorded and chosen to be released as CC6 instead.

Pressed on the 11th of March 1994.

Only 5 copies were made. 4 of the copies were given to the band members as mementos.

Approximate track lengths are the following:
- All Faith Is Lost 7:24
- The Sweet Suffering 7:18

The version of 'The Sweet Suffering' on this 7" is not the same as the version released on 'The Crestfallen' EP. This is longer and rawer (also vocally harsher in style) than the version on 'The Crestfallen'.
Also the length of the track 'All Faith Is Lost' differs from the version on the 'All Faith Is Lost' -demo.

http://www.discogs.com/Anathema-The-Sweet-Suffering/release/2489531
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite band, everything up until A Natural Disaster is great. Hard to pick a favorite, but it would be a Darren White period one. No idea how they suddenly went from being amazing to releasing twee Disney soundtracks though.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scattered earth...
SILENNNNNCCCCEEEEE

Silent Enigma is a great album to me. Saw them in 09 and they were really good, especially A Dying Wish.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
My favorite band, everything up until A Natural Disaster is great. Hard to pick a favorite, but it would be a Darren White period one. No idea how they suddenly went from being amazing to releasing twee Disney soundtracks though.

Agreed. As much as I love the classic doom/death stuff, if I could only take one Anathema album with me to the fabled desert island, it'd be "Judgement".
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
I noticed that Anathema has another release from 94, a 7'EP called The Sweet Suffering... where the fuck do these pop? This was added to Metal Archives in 2012.
Not that I'm trying to hunt this one down, but it would be interesting to hear these songs.

Quote:
7" Test Pressing, Collectors Club series limited to members only. 5 copies were made.
The version of 'The Sweet Suffering' on this 7" is not the same as the version released on 'The Crestfallen' EP, this is longer and rawer than that.
The length of the track 'All Faith Is Lost' differs from the version on the demo.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Anathema/The_Sweet_Suffering/340289

Quote:
This 7" was meant to be the sixth in the Peaceville exclusive Collectors Club series - limited to members only.

This test pressing was already made for the release, but the 7" was withdrawn at the last moment and never released. 'We Are The Bible' was quickly recorded and chosen to be released as CC6 instead.

Pressed on the 11th of March 1994.

Only 5 copies were made. 4 of the copies were given to the band members as mementos.

Approximate track lengths are the following:
- All Faith Is Lost 7:24
- The Sweet Suffering 7:18

The version of 'The Sweet Suffering' on this 7" is not the same as the version released on 'The Crestfallen' EP. This is longer and rawer (also vocally harsher in style) than the version on 'The Crestfallen'.
Also the length of the track 'All Faith Is Lost' differs from the version on the 'All Faith Is Lost' -demo.

http://www.discogs.com/Anathema-The-Sweet-Suffering/release/2489531

Like so many bands, it wouldn't surprise me that there are quite a few 7" floating around from their early period (which is when most bands fly out the shorter releases with different recordings of the same songs).
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never enjoyed this band's style of Death/Doom, i'd even say their later albums are better than their early ones. I like my Death/Doom to be raw, dark, and stripped down (for the most part) a la Derketa, Goatlord, Cianide.
Instinct

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been into Anathema heavily since Crestfallen came out. Saw them supporting Bolt Thrower with Decomposed on the IVth Crusade tour - fucking killed. Seen them quite a few times since, different experiences though good none the less.
Least favourite album would be Natural Disaster. Interesting that they should have been huge, though good they are still a relative 'secret' to mainstream cunts and their following still seems to be mostly made up of metal fans. Interesting.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natural Disaster is a fitting title for that turd. What a let down that was. Confused
I like everything prior to that. I burned myself out on Eternity. Can't listen to it anymore great as it is.
Higher Hammers Of Hate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think early death/doom scene in UK is fantastic, Anathema demos are great, old Paradise Lost, old My Dying Bride and Decomposed too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: