P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

the Ebay is officially retarded thread part 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 295, 296, 297 ... 344, 345, 346  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mendicant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecstatic_Horror wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Mercyful-Fate-Tour-Shirt-King-Diamond-Metallica-Slayer-Venom-/130854500775?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e778939a7

The King would not approve.

haha that seller is dreaming if he expects his prices

although I always wanted this shirt - not for that price though

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Autopsy-Demo-Shirt-Death-Cannibal-Corpse-Bolt-Thrower-XL-/130853231274?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7775daaa#ht_158wt_1400
krakentorso

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
Numerator41 wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-MOON-LAY-HIDDEN-BENEATH-A-CLOUD-Smell-Of-Blood-But-Victory-2CD-Box-Ltd-2000-/261172211657?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item3ccf13afc9

Someone tell me this a joke.

This is a joke.

this too:

http://www.discogs.com/buy/Vinyl/Moon-Lay-Hidden-Beneath-A-Cloud-The-Moon-Lay-Hidden-Beneath-A-Cloud/90909827?ev=bp_titl

fucker continues with his bootleg series.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'd known it would sell for this I'd have bought it myself to trade away...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221194136181?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
The Chosen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221194136181?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

So you could maken a stunning 10 dollar profit?
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chosen wrote:

read again you fucking imbecilic.
blekt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add the $36 for shipping to Europe and the deal is not that great anymore Wink
Serious individuals/references: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321551#321551
The Chosen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chosen wrote:

read again you fucking imbecilic.

Still, buying a record for other reasons than listening to it is stupid.
And it's imbecile, you imbecilic asshole.
Abgrund

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the problem if you buy a "rare" record for a good price and trade it against some other good stuff.
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abgrund wrote:
I don't see the problem if you buy a "rare" record for a good price and trade it against some other good stuff.

+1.

I do it all the time especially if I find something at a used music store.
tom245

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there much difference between buying a limited edition record to resell on ebay at an inflated price and buying a limited edition record to try and trade for something valuble so you don't have to pay ebay prices?

The unspoken rules of metal forums seems to suggest that one is ok an the other isn't.
.aske

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:
Is there much difference between buying a limited edition record to resell on ebay at an inflated price and buying a limited edition record to try and trade for something valuble so you don't have to pay ebay prices?

Nope, and there's no problem with either one.
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom245 wrote:

The unspoken rules of metal forums seems to suggest that one is ok an the other isn't.

People can spend their money however they want. It is nobody's business. But I would rather see something on a trade list rather then miss out on a release just to see 20+ copies within the first week of its release on eBay. Most of us are guilty of both just not everyone is willing to admit to it.
I guess everyone has a set of 'rules' that they want others to follow but don't apply to themselves.
Eiskrieg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not guilty of either, being honest here.
I am a 'collector' I suppose, and would rather spend my time trying to obtain the items I want directly, without trawling for good deals on things I may already have or do not want for the sake of getting something I do.

It just defeats the object surely, and things such as that should be left to the people that run distros that are also collectors.

I'd rather these fools left the scene completely, and leave it for the people that are actually interested in the music. May bring the insane prices down on some things.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:
I guess everyone has a set of 'rules' that they want others to follow but don't apply to themselves.

Indeed. I can just see these sanctimonious wibblers passing on a 30 Aske in a second hand shop because they already own one.

Gimme a break you dribbling rejects.

If I come across a good opportunity (re: cheap) to get a record I already have but that I know would be easy to trade/sell so I could get more of my wants..it's a no brainer. How that makes you a greedy bollox I'll never know.
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:

Indeed. I can just see these sanctimonious wibblers passing on a 30 Aske in a second hand shop because they already own one.

Gimme a break you dribbling rejects.

If I come across a good opportunity (re: cheap) to get a record I already have but that I know would be easy to trade/sell so I could get more of my wants..it's a no brainer. How that makes you a greedy bollox I'll never know.

+1.
I still come across "Hell Awaits" or "Apocalyptic Raids" original pressings for $8 or $10. Score! And I would love to stumble upon DSP releases that are priced like that. Maybe one day.
Best score was at a flea market probably in the mid 1990's. Found a bunch of Sacrifice, Overkill, Venom, Sodom, etc. LPs for $1 each. It was some old fart selling them. His grandson passed away and his parents were going to throw them in the garbage but he told them that he will try to sell them at the stand.

And this happened in 2004:

Quote:
What you have purchased for less than the price of a cup of coffee is arguably one of the most important "lost" music recordings out there. Record collector Warren Hill paid 75 cents at a yard sale in Chelsea, New York for an acetate in a plain cardboard sleeve. After some research, Hill's friends confirmed that the acetate disc, recorded by sound engineer Norman Dolph (who also wrote Reunion's "Life Is A Rock But The Radio Rolled Me"), was the third recording ever made by the Velvet Underground and the first album they ever did. A demo rejected by Columbia Records, the acetate is now up for auction on EBay, where the high bid is $124,640.50 and climbing, already breaking records as the most expensive LP ever sold at auction. (Bonus: see a post from a teenage eyewitness to the VU's 1966 session that produced this acetate.)

I remember reading about it in the local newspaper. But the high bidder never came through and the LP sold for just over $25,000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 295, 296, 297 ... 344, 345, 346  Next
Page 296 of 346

Jump to: