P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Statement From Dave Lombardo Regarding Slayer Aust. Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth wrote:
NK7 wrote:
All modern black metal sounds the fucking same and dont tell me it's not true

Katharsis, Deathspell Omega, Aosoth and Mgla (just examples) all sound the fucking same. I agree. In fact, they're pretty much the same band.

Of course not ALL modern bm is rubbish, I think I stated several times in the past I'm an avid Watain, Funeral Mist, Behexen fan and that's only to mention a few. I thought it was clear enough which bands I'm referring to.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention:
LLN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvWbsayfbv4
DTL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvGWQJCz8cM
A very below-average USBM band: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2NMyx0YQ7o

All sound the exact same.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me.

If I were to play a shit load of 80's hair metal back to back tonight, without looking at band names it would all sound the same to me as well.

Same with classical artists etc etc Country Stars... every one, cause when you have your finger on the pulse of a scene, only then is it that you can discern all this little nuances of difference, what you don't give a fuck about of course is all going to sound the same to uncaring ears.

Every Top 40 song of the last decade sounds the same to me, and I am sure only three rap beats exist with just different black dudes taking turns reading shopping lists.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Fuck me.

If I were to play a shit load of 80's hair metal back to back tonight, without looking at band names it would all sound the same to me as well.

Nah it wouldn't. Even if you're not a fan of the genre (and I am not) you can obviously tell a Poison song from a Crue or Skid Row one, vocals alone are completely different and that makes it recognizable at first listen. Same goes for a Deicide song, you'd never mistake it for Morbid Angel, Death or Suffocation. I'm sure it would be lots harder for you to figure which band it is if I was playing you a random Judas Iscariot tune.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why you guys get so bent out of shape over an opinion

My wife says "that Jaco Pastorius LP you bought record makes me want to put a sewing needle in my ear" I don't get bent out of shape....
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
I don't get why you guys get so bent out of shape over an opinion

My wife says "that Jaco Pastorius LP you bought record makes me want to put a sewing needle in my ear" I don't get bent out of shape....

Cause it's your wife dude and you probably have enough sense to know better than to disagree.

I'm not looking to band NK7 later, so if he goes to bed upset, no sweats here, know what I'm saying? Laughing
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate on any bands because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
I don't hate on any bands because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings.

Thats right, if not for feelings, what else brings this community together?
Madhukapala

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Fuck me.

Nah it wouldn't. Even if you're not a fan of the genre (and I am not) you can obviously tell a Poison song from a Crue or Skid Row one, vocals alone are completely different and that makes it recognizable at first listen. Same goes for a Deicide song, you'd never mistake it for Morbid Angel, Death or Suffocation. I'm sure it would be lots harder for you to figure which band it is if I was playing you a random Judas Iscariot tune.

Maybe. But most bands within a given style "sound the same" to outsiders. I don't think that 80s metal is much of an exception. Most 1st wave black metal is going to sound more or less the same to someone who hasn't spent time teasing out the nuances - "I hear cheap guitar distortion, barking, screaming and sloppy drumming, this is all the same!" Similarly, there were tons of NWoBHM bands that would have sounded alike to someone who didn't have an ear for that style.

I agree that shit like Judas Iscariot represented a real low point for metal, but does that band even represent the norm at this point? Black/death metal seems like it's been more vital and interesting in the past five years or so than at any other point since 1995.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:

Maybe. But most bands within a given style "sound the same" to outsiders.

Exactly what I think I more or less said above at some point. Unless you are paying full attention and submersed within said scene, it is just going to sound the same.
Someone that may listen a lot to (Judas Iscariot) since that is the name already mentioned, could probably discern minor elements of unique touch to the songs and separate them from another band sounding very similar, and especially exactly the same to someone that never listens to the style represented by said acts.

I mean, isn't Christina A and Britney S the exact same bitch, just fat version and skinny version? I don't fucking know.
ADK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
I mean, isn't Christina A and Britney S the exact same bitch, just fat version and skinny version? I don't fucking know.

Aguilera is a 100 times hotter.

And Judas Iscariot is not bad, just very, very average and extremely overrated back in the days (and in some parts of the world, still today). Like most stuff that came after the mid-90ies.

But in every pool of shit there's at least one gold-nugget. You just have to dig deeper nowadays.

And that traditional 80ies Heavy Metal is per se more skilled and advanced music than modern Black Metal in most cases goes without saying. It's like comparing Pink Floyd with the Sex Pistols, it's inharent to the style itself. Still, I prefer objectively more primitive music sometimes thanks to my subjective degenerated taste.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madhukapala wrote:

Maybe. But most bands within a given style "sound the same" to outsiders. I don't think that 80s metal is much of an exception. Most 1st wave black metal is going to sound more or less the same to someone who hasn't spent time teasing out the nuances - "I hear cheap guitar distortion, barking, screaming and sloppy drumming, this is all the same!" Similarly, there were tons of NWoBHM bands that would have sounded alike to someone who didn't have an ear for that style.

You know, I'd really like to try this. Play blutkvlt (or anyone of the resident ugbm post-teen enthusiasts here) a random Krieg/Xasthur song and tell him to identify it just like me and the other seniors of the board would identify the solo to Accept's Fast as a Shark in a million. Or ask them to tell me the name of the sixth song on that Belketre/VT cd without looking it up on the web, much like I could tell you by heart the tracklist to Running Wild's Death or Glory. You can bet they'd go like "we can't do that because in bm it's the spirit that matters".
VATRA I SUMPOR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
because in bm it's the spirit that matters.

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Could that be... could that be the first useful thing you've ever written? I think it could.
Zone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compares two different styles of music/uses abstractions to validate his retarded senile opinions= thinks his post makes sense. There is not a person here that doesn't recognize your shtick you retarded curmudgeon, you bash everyone else's taste yet you've jizzed on Dani filth's seed before most of us even got into the music using your insipid logic regarding subjective taste. Blutkvlt could more than likely tell you the difference in songs, he listens and actually knows what he's talking about. Unlike you who just compared two distinct types of music, and is trying to pass off for anything other than the borderline retarded grandpa you are.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
Blutkvlt could more than likely tell you the difference in songs, he listens and actually knows what he's talking about.

Yeah. The one who for his own admission can't tell Pestilence from Asphyx Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: