P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Statement From Dave Lombardo Regarding Slayer Aust. Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Reaper's Grave



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 2090
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire, USA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:
i also agree with his points that i really dislike the know it all mp3 internet metal fanbases these days who would be lost without metal archives, and under command's comments like "I don't read magazines anymore because i have the internet and know hundreds of bands" attitude is a shining example of what i dislike by my generation of fans.


You totally misunderstood my statement. Also, why do you misquote me like that ? I never mentionned the internet ever, the last half of your quote is 100% invented. I said that I no longer buy mainstream magazines. How can one conclude that I am a "know it all mp3 internet metal fan" is beyond me. Some people here must have a lot to prove, to be that suspicious on every one is weird...

PS : I was born in the mid-eighties so we're not exactly from the same generation.


it was a paraphrase. Whether or not you personally are part of that doesn't even matter to me anyway. The point remains that there are people who do think like that, which is one of the things i do agree with NK7 about the state of 2013 metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5483

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason NK7 don't like modern metal is cause he spent all his countries wealth on his collective 80/90's metal LP collection, then had to flee Italy to Serbia with the collection.

Now with no resource to purchase current LP's he now has taken to bashing them.

The movie may be coming out in 2014.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 5083
Location: Main and Gerrard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
The movie may be coming out in 2014.


Even that sounds more appealing than that piece of shit Anna Karenina I watched the other night....
_________________
Basilus - experimental // space rock
Cyclopean Wall - ambient // drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saltrubbed Eyes



Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Posts: 343

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
Under Command wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:
i also agree with his points that i really dislike the know it all mp3 internet metal fanbases these days who would be lost without metal archives, and under command's comments like "I don't read magazines anymore because i have the internet and know hundreds of bands" attitude is a shining example of what i dislike by my generation of fans.


You totally misunderstood my statement. Also, why do you misquote me like that ? I never mentionned the internet ever, the last half of your quote is 100% invented. I said that I no longer buy mainstream magazines. How can one conclude that I am a "know it all mp3 internet metal fan" is beyond me. Some people here must have a lot to prove, to be that suspicious on every one is weird...

PS : I was born in the mid-eighties so we're not exactly from the same generation.


it was a paraphrase. Whether or not you personally are part of that doesn't even matter to me anyway. The point remains that there are people who do think like that, which is one of the things i do agree with NK7 about the state of 2013 metal.


I do think metal archives is a problem, it's a democracy where individual opnions are celebrated, there kids with no little knowledge can write how their favorite metal bands unoriginal and derivative new album is as equally good and valid as a slayer album, the metal community was better without MA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5483

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The (real) problem is people don't have anything really real to do other than listen to 1000 albums a week and get all critical over the tiniest miniscule issues regarding every possible aspect of a singular release.
Comparing every ridiculous aspect combined with the duration of time coupled with how much music of this nature has poured out over the last few decades etc etc
MA is not the problem... those people would just be elsewhere if not on that particular forum.

It's a spoiled world, and the 1st world nations obviously have a pretty relaxed life providing ample time for people to waste away on petty matters such as comparing albums or reviewing them to the point of treating an album or band like they are the cure to Cancer or the gateway key to an ancient alien civilization that will change mankind forever...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1348
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
The reason NK7 don't like modern metal is cause he spent all his countries wealth on his collective 80/90's metal LP collection, then had to flee Italy to Serbia with the collection.

Now with no resource to purchase current LP's he now has taken to bashing them.

The movie may be coming out in 2014.

I know you're being tongue in cheek but I'd wish to keep the discussion on a semi-serious level. My main problem with today's metal is the complete lack of any remote sense of criticism displayed by its fans, which I directly blame on the non-existing quality of post '95 black metal. People in the '80ies/early '90ies were somehow able to tell what was good from what was not so good, you could listen to a Slayer clone and know it wasn't as good as the real deal and the market would turn bad records down. Not just that but each '80ies band had to have actual musicians in their ranks, you couldn't just get away with "it's more than just music" bullshit. That whole aspect is completely gone when even the most generic ukrainian lot has its own appreciation thread. There simply is no quality control on music anymore and too many completely clueless people involved, I mean there's just no way someone in his right state of mind can listen to Brenoritvrezorkze and think it's good music, it objectively is just noise and I feel genuinely sorry for people disagreeing cuz it's obvious something went horribly wrong in their childhood for them to grow up with such bad taste in music.

All modern black metal sounds the fucking same and dont tell me it's not true, listen to any LLN, an average usbm and the fatso's band, one would assume that coming from three different continents they'd sound at least marginally different but no, you can hardly tell one from the other: vocals are the same quorthon rip off, then you have some sloppy guitar playing, the mandatory blastbeat and on top of that your average low-fi production because may be that way it won't show that they actually can not play their instruments. When I hear people say Graveland is a classic band I'd like to fucking shoot them, Maiden is classic metal not some miserable Polish tardo in an armor and his cheap bathory hammerheart rip off.

And I'm not even mentioning that new Ancient Records phenomenon, with people paying 25 for a fucking drum rehearsal blank lp and actually liking it. I bet I could record myself farting, distort the sound, release it on AR and they'd buy it, I'm 100% convinced of that the guy behind that label is laughing his ass off at people actually buying his releases -which he probably puts out as a joke. Who are his customers? I want to see their facebook profiles and faces, I can't imagine people being serious with that stuff and saying "I like this Urkraftensmystic record more than Vederstyggelsens Uppvackelse" the same way as me and you would say we like Hail to England better than Painkiller.

Modern black metal needs to die.


/rant
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Demoniarch



Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 5483

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I think the web and the ability to have less than professional ability recordings made on the cheap these days plays a part.

If technology would have allowed everyone to record and spread 20 or 30 years ago, it would be the same as today. I do not doubt that. One had to manage money better back then, as recordings actually were a process, now it is a computer and stack of blank cd-r's.
You can be less than perfect but still pass your product for better or worse.

I don't think it is that people had better tastes back 'then' ... it is just that there is so much more of it able to be aquired today... and cheaply, made and sold and bought.

More artists and people with a little interest in music and art can now participate in the fun, they can all share their ideas. It comes as a minor expense today as comparable to a reel to reel recording back in the old days (at least that is my understanding and it seems plausible considering the amount of stuff released these days)

So, it is not so much a matter of people having better tastes, I think generally people back then would have eaten all this up too, had it been available... people are the same, the technology changed... but in so far as saying people knew better music? Nah... I ain't buying that. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madhukapala



Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 207

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:


All modern black metal sounds the fucking same and dont tell me it's not true, listen to any LLN, an average usbm and the fatso's band, one would assume that coming from three different continents they'd sound at least marginally different but no, you can hardly tell one from the other: vocals are the same quorthon rip off, then you have some sloppy guitar playing, the mandatory blastbeat and on top of that your average low-fi production because may be that way it won't show that they actually can not play their instruments. When I hear people say Graveland is a classic band I'd like to fucking shoot them, Maiden is classic metal not some miserable Polish tardo in an armor and his cheap bathory hammerheart rip off.

/rant


Rolling Eyes

Silly mess of hyperbole.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
da666



Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 1694

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
The reason NK7 don't like modern metal is cause he spent all his countries wealth on his collective 80/90's metal LP collection, then had to flee Italy to Serbia with the collection.

Now with no resource to purchase current LP's he now has taken to bashing them.

The movie may be coming out in 2014.

I know you're being tongue in cheek but I'd wish to keep the discussion on a semi-serious level. My main problem with today's metal is the complete lack of any remote sense of criticism displayed by its fans, which I directly blame on the non-existing quality of post '95 black metal. People in the '80ies/early '90ies were somehow able to tell what was good from what was not so good, you could listen to a Slayer clone and know it wasn't as good as the real deal and the market would turn bad records down. Not just that but each '80ies band had to have actual musicians in their ranks, you couldn't just get away with "it's more than just music" bullshit. That whole aspect is completely gone when even the most generic ukrainian lot has its own appreciation thread. There simply is no quality control on music anymore and too many completely clueless people involved, I mean there's just no way someone in his right state of mind can listen to Brenoritvrezorkze and think it's good music, it objectively is just noise and I feel genuinely sorry for people disagreeing cuz it's obvious something went horribly wrong in their childhood for them to grow up with such bad taste in music.

All modern black metal sounds the fucking same and dont tell me it's not true, listen to any LLN, an average usbm and the fatso's band, one would assume that coming from three different continents they'd sound at least marginally different but no, you can hardly tell one from the other: vocals are the same quorthon rip off, then you have some sloppy guitar playing, the mandatory blastbeat and on top of that your average low-fi production because may be that way it won't show that they actually can not play their instruments. When I hear people say Graveland is a classic band I'd like to fucking shoot them, Maiden is classic metal not some miserable Polish tardo in an armor and his cheap bathory hammerheart rip off.

And I'm not even mentioning that new Ancient Records phenomenon, with people paying 25 for a fucking drum rehearsal blank lp and actually liking it. I bet I could record myself farting, distort the sound, release it on AR and they'd buy it, I'm 100% convinced of that the guy behind that label is laughing his ass off at people actually buying his releases -which he probably puts out as a joke. Who are his customers? I want to see their facebook profiles and faces, I can't imagine people being serious with that stuff and saying "I like this Urkraftensmystic record more than Vederstyggelsens Uppvackelse" the same way as me and you would say we like Hail to England better than Painkiller.

Modern black metal needs to die.


/rant


Wow you are such a dumb joke with taste in your arse and have never actually listened to the music you complain about so much.
You really do fit the christian stereotype, ranting and raving like a piece of shit on things you do not know about or have not even heard, making yourself look like a fucking dunce.
"I hate "XYZ" band so much because they're norsecore and LLN rip and bathory vocals"
"so which album or song have you heard?"
"ive never heard it but their fucking norsecore LLN bathoryyyyy i know cause i know best, because mummy gieuseppy brought me up saying im her special little boy, and i'm gods special little boy to, the world revolves around me and if you don't have the same musical taste to me then it MUST be bad, because my ears define what music is and isn't".
Rolling Eyes
^^ That sums up EVERY thread you post in and your same tired fucking butthurt with "modern BM", so we "get it", so how about now shutting the fuck up! You have turned a thread about Slayer into one about your angst over post 92 BM!

Modern Black Metal needs to die you say? YOU need to shut up and die mate.

Please note, all labels and bands send NK7/Marcos your music before release so he can confirm what good music is and isn't from a christian point of view and give it the jesus stamp of approval. If you do not follow this procedure you are at risk of tirades and constant butt hurt in every thread.
_________________
www.darkadversary.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 5083
Location: Main and Gerrard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough
_________________
Basilus - experimental // space rock
Cyclopean Wall - ambient // drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Speerhead



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 934

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's as simple as the fact that metal - like most other pre-internet genres - has ceased to be anything genuinely cultural. Metal finished evolving by the mid-1990s...after that it just become a thing to buy into. The history, the look...all easily appropriated.

Not saying that there isn't good music still...but where once you had genuinely idiosyncratic bands, now it's basically just a load of mix & match subgenres.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
da666



Joined: 04 Apr 2009
Posts: 1694

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: Can't be fucked, NK7 is just looking for acceptance because he is insecure about his music taste and worried something is wrong with him for not liking popular underground BM bands etc. so he needs to vent and try to make relevant points to justify that he's not the one with the problem, everyone else in the world is. Typical insecure christian behavior.
Your over 40 years old mate, get your life together.
_________________
www.darkadversary.com


Last edited by da666 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1348
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

I don't think it is that people had better tastes back 'then' ... it is just that there is so much more of it able to be aquired today... and cheaply, made and sold and bought.

Could be, yeah. I don't know if their taste was better but what I do know is that the capacity of critical analysis of the average listener is exponentially lower now compared to 20-30 years ago. It surely has something to do with the bands one grows up with, I mean if your first record was Enthrone darkness triumphant it's easy to tell why you'd be inclined to think that Priest sucks and Possessed is "just a cheap Slayer clone".

Also, this:
Speerhead wrote:
I think it's as simple as the fact that metal - like most other pre-internet genres - has ceased to be anything genuinely cultural. Metal finished evolving by the mid-1990s...after that it just become a thing to buy into. The history, the look...all easily appropriated.

_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Giorgio A. Tsoukalos



Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
I'm gay.


I love you brown sugar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thoth



Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 496

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
All modern black metal sounds the fucking same and dont tell me it's not true


Katharsis, Deathspell Omega, Aosoth and Mgla (just examples) all sound the fucking same. I agree. In fact, they're pretty much the same band.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group