P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Statement From Dave Lombardo Regarding Slayer Aust. Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:
Setting rules with terms such as 'proper' in respect to art is rather counter productive to being creative isn't it?

Sure there are formula's, ones that guarantee a sell ...hence coined phrases like Top 40 and what not, but in relation to our little niche of metal, do we really want 'proper' songs restricting possible creative artistic expressions?

Sure, but "creativity" is more often than not the excuse most of those bands use to hide poor musicianship and/or pretentious artsy-fartsy wannabeism. I don't know you but I'll take a regular bridge + chorus + solo '80ies hardrock song over any late DSO.
southern_death

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know why he's posting on this forum, of all places, if he thinks most of nowadays BM is shit and most nowadays BM musicians talentless cunts.

Maybe it's time that the admins show him the way out to a "80's and early 90's DM / BM history" forum.

Last edited by southern_death on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
pimp stick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leave marcos alone!!!! Evil or Very Mad

hello?
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Demoniarch wrote:
Setting rules with terms such as 'proper' in respect to art is rather counter productive to being creative isn't it?

Sure there are formula's, ones that guarantee a sell ...hence coined phrases like Top 40 and what not, but in relation to our little niche of metal, do we really want 'proper' songs restricting possible creative artistic expressions?

Sure, but "creativity" is more often than not the excuse most of those bands use to hide poor musicianship and/or pretentious artsy-fartsy wannabeism. I don't know you but I'll take a regular bridge + chorus + solo '80ies hardrock song over any late DSO.

I'll take the DsO and old Cinderella myself actually. Perhaps play them back to back. Laughing
Music is music. Not a complete and total identity. Merely a singular aspect of interests spanning both cult and mainstream. For me anyways. Laughing
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southern_death wrote:
Don't know why he's posting on this forum, of all places, if he thinks most of nowadays BM is shit and most nowadays BM musicians talentless cunts.

I guess because this is supposed to be a forum for people into oldschool death/black metal mainly.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum is primarily music driven, however too many are unable to relent their personal opinions derived from others opinions based on hurt feelings over bands that got slagged... or in reverse of that some cannot let go of the issue that someone else really likes something terrible and pointless. Laughing

The : You don't like the band I like then I don't like you mentality is generally hard at work here more than just commenting on music itself. Laughing

All in all. It's a childrens playground for 30 something year olds.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demoniarch wrote:

I'll take the DsO and old Cinderella myself actually. Perhaps play them back to back. Laughing
Music is music. Not a complete and total identity. Merely a singular aspect of interests spanning both cult and mainstream. For me anyways. Laughing

Well I see your point. Fact remains, the number of truly classic metal albums released since norsecore became big (say from 1995 onwards) dropped consistently, which again speaks volumes on the "quality" of the music we're buying these days. Which again makes me think modern Slayer is not all that bad in the end.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the argument hard to argue, I myself initially as I get older just want to find my comfort again in the albums that impressed me the most due to the youthfulness of my initial listening expiriences.

So being close to 40, for me and like yourself this generally means we like old albums.

However there are a stream of new releases made by people with the same tastes as us (who are the guys behind the new wave of bands) and I will admit there are some damned fine albums, it just comes back to falling into a familiarity of comfort zone thing again... it's not so much that current bands suck for me, it's just that the old bands already cemented in their magic and doubtful anything other than a major head trauma will rectify that. Laughing

The best thing new bands can have going for them is being 'first' into the hearts and heads of a new generation of listeners, to be their first expirience... cause it's usually that first that sticks and rides out... the longest.
IXTAB
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:

Why the fuck is NK7s "last warning" dragging on, get rid of the useless cunt. Seriously what does he contribute other then tirade after tirade of useless shit everyone has to skim through constantly. He got banned for way less before.

I haven't followed this thread much until now that it has exploded from about 4 to 8 pages in a single day (usually a telltale sign that some moderation is needed). For once I actually seem to agree with grindmonkey in that Slayer lost my interest after Seasons in the Abyss.

As far as NK7 goes, his opinions on this type of thing are well-known and really not in need of such repetition, but he defends them better than your obvious one-line troll who is clearly here just to piss people off with meaningless drivel. That said, it's probably just a matter of time before NK7 is banned again, simply because about 90% of the moderation required on this board involves him either directly or indirectly, and I just don't have the time for it.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IXTAB wrote:
da666 wrote:

Why the fuck is NK7s "last warning" dragging on, get rid of the useless cunt. Seriously what does he contribute other then tirade after tirade of useless shit everyone has to skim through constantly. He got banned for way less before.

I haven't followed this thread much until now that it has exploded from about 4 to 8 pages in a single day (usually a telltale sign that some moderation is needed). For once I actually seem to agree with grindmonkey in that Slayer lost my interest after Seasons in the Abyss.

As far as NK7 goes, his opinions on this type of thing are well-known and really not in need of such repetition, but he defends them better than your obvious one-line troll who is clearly here just to piss people off with meaningless drivel. That said, it's probably just a matter of time before NK7 is banned again, simply because about 90% of the moderation required on this board involves him either directly or indirectly, and I just don't have the time for it.

As much as he's like a stuck record, he generally hits the nail on the head a lot of the time. There are so many idiotic revisionist opinions from blatantly younger users that are too tedious to even challenge e.g. someone claiming Possessed are overrated Slayer copycats in the 'Mandatory DM' thread - it's not even worth the time and energy to reply to something like that.

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread further but I'm not sure if NK7 is actually the problem on this board.

OT Slayer without Hanneman or Lombardo =/= Slayer
Under Command

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
i also agree with his points that i really dislike the know it all mp3 internet metal fanbases these days who would be lost without metal archives, and under command's comments like "I don't read magazines anymore because i have the internet and know hundreds of bands" attitude is a shining example of what i dislike by my generation of fans.

You totally misunderstood my statement. Also, why do you misquote me like that ? I never mentionned the internet ever, the last half of your quote is 100% invented. I said that I no longer buy mainstream magazines. How can one conclude that I am a "know it all mp3 internet metal fan" is beyond me. Some people here must have a lot to prove, to be that suspicious on every one is weird...

PS : I was born in the mid-eighties so we're not exactly from the same generation.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possessed being overrated is the funniest thing I've heard in years. Laughing
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
Possessed being overrated is the funniest thing I've heard in years. Laughing

I think people stating similar crap on a supposedly oldschool bm/dm board would deserve a ban more than those who -admittenly- are broken records about modern day norsecore. Then again I might have a biased view of the whole subject Very Happy
DSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line is; everyone is kicking a dead horse. Same arguments for every thread and it will go on and on for at least 10 pages until the thread finally gets locked/deleted. It's tiring to see this forum take the same road as FMP forum did.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd rather listen to NK7 pontificate on the state of 2013 heavy metal than listen to nowadays Slayer..... maybe THAT should be a poll....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 8 of 12

Jump to: