P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Statement From Dave Lombardo Regarding Slayer Aust. Tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordoftherim wrote:
you draw this comparison all the time, but really is Xasthur even THAT relevant at this point? I can think of far more annoying, and in addition Xasthur or "black metal" fans didn't become so intolerable until labels like Hydra Head started pumping and promoting bands such as Xasthur, thus dragging in the annoying beardo crowd, and spearheading an entire beardo USBM movement of post metal inspired BM. your typical I play BM today, and Neurosis is my ALL TIME FAVORITE BAND types. I don't think Xasthur is so much to blame as the labels, but I guess it was his choice to pair with HH in the first place

also, Xasthur and DTL do not really sound much alike... DTL has certainly never produced a Nocturnal Poisoning

I mention Xasthur/DTL out of mere convenience as they're shining examples of talentless bands praised by clueless kids, free to replace them with just about any modern black metal band. My point is that there's an abyss in terms of quality between even the worst '80ies band and the cheap black metal that has been force fed down our throats for the past 15 years, which is directly reflected by the faggotry of their respective fans.
grindmonkeyagain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer went downhill after Seasons. I don't get why this warrants a 7 page thread.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
lordoftherim wrote:
you draw this comparison all the time, but really is Xasthur even THAT relevant at this point? I can think of far more annoying, and in addition Xasthur or "black metal" fans didn't become so intolerable until labels like Hydra Head started pumping and promoting bands such as Xasthur, thus dragging in the annoying beardo crowd, and spearheading an entire beardo USBM movement of post metal inspired BM. your typical I play BM today, and Neurosis is my ALL TIME FAVORITE BAND types. I don't think Xasthur is so much to blame as the labels, but I guess it was his choice to pair with HH in the first place

also, Xasthur and DTL do not really sound much alike... DTL has certainly never produced a Nocturnal Poisoning

I mention Xasthur/DTL out of mere convenience as they're shining examples of talentless bands praised by clueless kids, free to replace them with just about any modern black metal band. My point is that there's an abyss in terms of quality between even the worst '80ies band and the cheap black metal that has been force fed down our throats for the past 15 years, which is directly reflected by the faggotry of their respective fans.

fair nuff'! I think I just failed at reading between the lines here as well after lots of repetition of driving this point home. I am still with you on many points, I just noticed you utilized these acts as go to punching bags

and for the record, obviously I like Xasthur (to a certain point anyhow) but I can see and agree that many of his "peers" in the genre are annoying and intolerable. the rant on the insert of the CD for nocturnal poisoning is classic and priceless though
DeathShitter
banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slayer will end up as two bands just as Great White and hopefully one day we can enjoy videos of them being burnt to death or falling off a stool just like Jack Russell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqZyrU66Olo

this is what happens when you try and open a show playing a song that previously was the hymn to a hundred deaths. 8)

But then again... I expect this bitchfest will go on for the next few years then they will announce some big reunion and everyone will fall for it and go see them headline every festival and cheer as they play the entire Christ Illusion album (like anyone can remember a single riff on that crap)
multicide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them in 2009 at the Metal Mayhem fest and I have to admit it was one of my favorite shows ever. Maybe it's because the crowd was insane (nothing beats concrete pits) and the setlist was real good. Though a year or so ago with Gary Holt it wasn't as enjoyable. Won't travel far to see them anymore.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure where i draw the line in agreement with NK7 this time. While i'm one of those kids born in 1990 and didn't discover slayer pre-2001 for that reason camps, i also agree with his points that i really dislike the know it all mp3 internet metal fanbases these days who would be lost without metal archives, and under command's comments like "I don't read magazines anymore because i have the internet and know hundreds of bands" attitude is a shining example of what i dislike by my generation of fans. Just because its easier to find and listen to bands doesn't mean you have to, and often these types tend to never give a real listen to the true classic albums because they're too busy playing 50 new albums they downloaded a week to ever appreciate any individually.
DSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grindmonkeyagain wrote:
Slayer went downhill after Seasons. I don't get why this warrants a 7 page thread.

Because it is a discussion board and people like to voice their opinion. The band has been around for 30+ years and has contributed some good quality music over the years. If a band like Ghost can spark a 16 page (useless) conversation I don't see why it is a big deal with Slayer. Although the majority of the comments are pure shit. Looks like FMP crowd found a new place to spam.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fans will say I'm "derailing the thread" and "regurgitating the same thoughts" but I need to expand my reply to Weltering in Blood's post. The '80ies were far from being posers-free. Bands were immensely more talented though (notice I didn't say "original"). They had to struggle harder to release a record and had enough time to refine their style, which resulted in much better songwriting skills. It took a band like Death six demos to get a deal, which allowed them to rehearse, play around the country and build themselves a solid underground reputation -same goes for Entombed, Morbid Angel, Deicide and back in the old thrash days with Metallica, Slayer, Sodom etc. When you look at the post-mid '90ies you see bands sometimes got signed without even having demotapes at all and it obviously shows in their music, it sounds cheap and rushed and just didn't stand the test of time -can't believe people listen to Godkiller and think it's really good music.

When I say that '80ies hairmetal had more balls than modern black metal I actually mean it, Tyketto, Poison and those other sleaze bands might have been the worst HIV+ queers on the planet but they were all solid musicians and were able to write proper songs. Now take your average post-'95 tremolo bm, two riffs under blastbeats and quorthon rip off vocals, the difference is huge. But if you tell the fags their music sucks they'll be like "you don't understand black metal", "it's more than just music" etc. I do understand black metal and I'll tell you, your shitty excuse for a metal band is useless, talentless and ultimately boring, you can't play and should just fuck off back to eating burgers in NSW.

Bottom line is, Diabolus in Musica still sounds fresher and heavier than everything Horna has ever put out.

Last edited by NK7 on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mendicant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty decent setlist despite the lack of Hell Awaits songs. Although I suspect there'd be more new stuff if Dave was there. Jon Dette must have been busy as he was filling in in Anthrax too

Disciple
Die by the Sword
War Ensemble
Chemical Warfare
Altar of Sacrifice
Jesus Saves
Mandatory Suicide
Seasons in the Abyss
Dead Skin Mask
Angel of Death
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
da666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nk7 and that faggot chit whinging about DTL, no way, im in shock, i have not seen that EVER before on NWN!
Thread about Slayer - DTL
Thread about Burzum - DTL
and these are just the ones ive read, are there any threads you don't bring DTL up you scorned fan boy you.
Get over me you miserable geriatric try hard. Stop trying to cover up your butt hurt by trying to be "objective" with comparisons. We get it, your not into it, now move you greasy disco poof.
As for chit - go fuck yourself pal.

Why the fuck is NK7s "last warning" dragging on, get rid of the useless cunt. Seriously what does he contribute other then tirade after tirade of useless shit everyone has to skim through constantly. He got banned for way less before.
da666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
talentless and ultimately boring, you can't play and should just fuck off back to eating burgers in NSW.

Laughing says the guy who had to run away from Italy and moved to Serbia

You don't know what metal is mate, you only know the taste of jesus' ball sack in your mouth you pathetic christian dog, do you listen to "metal" when the priests are finger banging your dirty gypsy arse and your saying "praise the lord", or when your running sprog through your hair to "spike it up like a mad guido"?? Or maybe when your deep throating tranny dong you are "bangn ya head" like a good christian cunt.
You are a dirty hypocrite and an old piece of shit who has wasted his life on forums, in your 40s and spending your life on here.
Internet tough guy syndrome.

"I love metal, which is fundamentally against everything my religion and belief system tells me" - FAIL.
Just because jesus had long hair and a beard doesn't mean he was a metal head, anus brain.
ZeWarden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

When I say that '80ies hairmetal had more balls than modern black metal I actually mean it, Tyketto, Poison and those other sleaze bands might have been the worst HIV+ queers on the planet but they were all solid musicians and were able to write proper songs.

This is a proper song to you??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCChxBSRo1Y
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeWarden wrote:
NK7 wrote:

When I say that '80ies hairmetal had more balls than modern black metal I actually mean it, Tyketto, Poison and those other sleaze bands might have been the worst HIV+ queers on the planet but they were all solid musicians and were able to write proper songs.

This is a proper song to you??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCChxBSRo1Y

I don't like it but it's also one of their worst songs (I'm not a Poison fan for the record). This one certainly is what I'd call a "proper song" and far less embarrassing/gay than most modern black metal: http://youtu.be/uXaobvYqWsw
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting rules with terms such as 'proper' in respect to art is rather counter productive to being creative isn't it?

Sure there are formula's, ones that guarantee a sell ...hence coined phrases like Top 40 and what not, but in relation to our little niche of metal, do we really want 'proper' songs restricting possible creative artistic expressions?
da666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcos/Nk7 -
Laughing you go on about modern BM people being wimps and passive, yet you can't even address questions or comments on a forum about yourself and your christian faggotry?
You address me in almost every thread in one way or another, yet your to scared to speak now?? Who is the passive little wimp?
Easy to talk big online in threads you don't think i read.
Now unskinny bop the fuck out of here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12

Jump to: