P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Fucked over on Ebay, what to do?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I would have gone to pick them up in a couple of days at most. I can think that you were aware of the fact that the final price was very good. After a few days he changed his mind, probably somebody told him he was crazy to sell them for that price. When I win something at a good price I immediately take care of the payment and I push the guy for a quick shipping, just in case.
Anyway ebay sucks, the administrators are completely incompetent.
Steken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manes wrote:
Personally, I would have gone to pick them up in a couple of days at most. I can think that you were aware of the fact that the final price was very good. After a few days he changed his mind, probably somebody told him he was crazy to sell them for that price. When I win something at a good price I immediately take care of the payment and I push the guy for a quick shipping, just in case.
Anyway ebay sucks, the administrators are completely incompetent.

In hindsight, I can see that this is definitely what I should have done. Will keep it in mind 'til next time. Thanks.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
hi-fi equipment.

I wonder if he likes to hang out in hi-fi stores giving advice to strangers?
Humus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Fucked over on Ebay, what to do? Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
Not only that, I also got this from Ebay: The seller "has canceled the transaction, and you're no longer entitled to receive the item. Also, an unpaid Item has been recorded on your account." Nice, that.

I wonder how that is possible.
I sold some things on ebay and one guy never paid nor contacted me. I went through ebay and filed a non-paying bidder complaint, then I had to wait 4 or 5 days (so the buyer had a chance to contact me, which he didn't of course) before I could close the case and only AFTER that the buyer received an unpaid item strike.
So how come you received an unpaid item strike without getting any prior message from ebay? I understand that a cancellation is different from an unpaid item, but I thought cancellations were only possible after mutual agreement or, once again, after a waiting period for the buyer to contact the seller to resolve the case.
Eiskrieg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the case, Humus. I have a feeling the OP isn't being strictly honest with us.
Steken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Fucked over on Ebay, what to do? Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Steken wrote:
Not only that, I also got this from Ebay: The seller "has canceled the transaction, and you're no longer entitled to receive the item. Also, an unpaid Item has been recorded on your account." Nice, that.

I wonder how that is possible.
I sold some things on ebay and one guy never paid nor contacted me. I went through ebay and filed a non-paying bidder complaint, then I had to wait 4 or 5 days (so the buyer had a chance to contact me, which he didn't of course) before I could close the case and only AFTER that the buyer received an unpaid item strike.
So how come you received an unpaid item strike without getting any prior message from ebay? I understand that a cancellation is different from an unpaid item, but I thought cancellations were only possible after mutual agreement or, once again, after a waiting period for the buyer to contact the seller to resolve the case.

I did get a prior message from eBay, along the lines of "hey, you haven't paid for this item yet." The reason I hadn't done so, as mentioned in the OP, was that the seller himself had specifically told me not to.

If I understand the rules correctly (granted I haven't done business on eBay in years), if a buyer doesn't pay within a certain period of time (twelve days? two weeks?) the seller has the right to cancel the transaction. Which is just what he did.

I don't know if the "unpaid item" thing then popped up automatically, or if he intentionally slapped it on me just because hey, if you're gonna fuck somebody over, why not go all the way?

I tried reasoning with him, but the guy wouldn't budge. I reported him, and he hit back with this gem: "Thank you for ruining me on eBay". Priceless.
DeathShitter
banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i were you i would continue to cry about it. Maybe phone your mom or the cops.
Do a youtube DIS video or write him a pm saying "your a rip=off biatch!

either way this seller has kicked your ass better than Blake Judd.
Steken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't lose a dime, so it's not as bad as it could have been. Very fucking irritating, though.

Anyway, not much left to do now -- game over, movin' on.
Manta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little bit relating to the topic because it involves eBay. Here goes:

If a seller puts a notice on their eBay auction stating that they are not responsible for lost parcels, and that it's the buyer's responsibility to elect a more secure shipping method, will the seller then be able to win a PayPal claim?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Humus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one thing to remember: paypal doesn't give a shit.

The buyer will always win the claim unless you can provide a website where you have tracking that shows that the package was delivered.
astralvesl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
Just one thing to remember: paypal doesn't give a shit.

The buyer will always win the claim unless you can provide a website where you have tracking that shows that the package was delivered.

Truth. For International it has to be registered if you want any chance at winning from my experience.

On topic though, a few years ago I had someone win a poster I was auctioning using the buy it now option. A day after winning he emailed me saying he had found it cheaper and asked to cancel the order. It was the first time I listed the poster so I really had no issue doing this for the guy. Well I do the cancel order thing via Ebay and about a week later I get an email from Ebay saying that the buyer has filed a complaint as a result of me cancelling the transaction before he had an opportunity to pay. I never heard from the buyer again even after trying to email him several times but Ebay made me complete the transaction even after I provided them w/ the email of him asking for it to be cancelled. Again, this was a few years ago but I believe the threat was that they would lock my account if I did not reopen the transaction and allow him to pay. It didn't really negatively affect me or anything but my point is that there at least used to be a mechanism for reporting people who cancelled transactions before payment that apparently didn't care about why it was cancelled.
DSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I no longer cancel transactions. Too many non paying bidders who always have the same excuse: funeral, car accident, hospital bill and my favorite that is being used the most 'I didn't know that shipping is so expensive'. I always file a non paying bidder claim and then close the case and get my fees back.

Also, I don't know how you can cancel the transaction without the buyer's approval. If you choose "buyer no longer wants to buy the item" I think eBay send him/her a link where they have to confirm this.
manes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay doesn't care about the messages you sent or received through ebay itself. It once told me that for the privacy they couldn't read them...whatever.
90% of the people who work there are incompetent.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not true. When some dickshitter purchased a bunch of items from me with no intention of paying, the customer service rep read all our messages.
HotBlack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manta wrote:
It's a little bit relating to the topic because it involves eBay. Here goes:

If a seller puts a notice on their eBay auction stating that they are not responsible for lost parcels, and that it's the buyer's responsibility to elect a more secure shipping method, will the seller then be able to win a PayPal claim?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

You can say whatever you wish in your auction description, it has no bearing whatsoever on the transaction as ebay and paypal both have explicit policies in place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: