P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DEMIGOD original demo...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: DEMIGOD original demo... Reply with quote

For those into madness...
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEMIGOD-original-demotape-and-unreleased-songs-ASPHYX_W0QQitemZ230297492841QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230297492841&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
passetiermes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Unholy Domain is on a white tape, although it was common to copy promotional/zine copies onto normal cassettes.
Like many other demos of early nineties, also Unholy Domain was widely spread. 1500-2000 copies according to the Demigod interviews, not less 300.
Those live & reh. tracks would be nice to hear.
minge-eater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
My Unholy Domain is on a white tape, although it was common to copy promotional/zine copies onto normal cassettes.
Like many other demos of early nineties, also Unholy Domain was widely spread. 1500-2000 copies according to the Demigod interviews, not less 300.
Those live & reh. tracks would be nice to hear.

the demo came on many different tapes, i used to sell there demo when it was released, they would mail only the covers and id have to copy the tapes myself. So mainly only the cover can be real

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
passetiermes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have many demos on copied tapes too, as I just usually sent a tape under the disguise of making a zine (which was not a total lie heh), and recieved the covers then with the tape. I have Unholy Domain bootleg besides the original. The boot has a really crappy cover, unlike the other or this one which is being sold on Ebay.
Classic demos such as Unholy Domain or But Life Goes On were spread so widely, that they can be bought with decent prices even nowadays.Yet another reason to hope that your favourite band will be popular. Fuck kvlts!
To the one who posted this thread; Have you heard the reh. & live tracks?
What is the soundquality like?
To minge; what was your distro called?
minge-eater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Yeah, I have many demos on copied tapes too, as I just usually sent a tape under the disguise of making a zine (which was not a total lie heh), and recieved the covers then with the tape. I have Unholy Domain bootleg besides the original. The boot has a really crappy cover, unlike the other or this one which is being sold on Ebay.
Classic demos such as Unholy Domain or But Life Goes On were spread so widely, that they can be bought with decent prices even nowadays.Yet another reason to hope that your favourite band will be popular. Fuck kvlts!

i actually didnt run a distro, i was close freinds with seppo , so sold there tapes at gigs and through the band desecrator , who i lived with and was supposed to join.
I thihk i sold over 80 copies of the demo, also sold some to uk distros.
Also the proper demos didnt have these reh or live tracks

TRUE KVNT
Descension twat of the year
Karan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:

Yeah, he is a friend of mine. He has two demos of this one, both with the original cover. According to him, many demos were spread as promos, but only a few were with the real hardcover, others were just xeroxed covers...I mean, many bands used black and white covers, so they send fanzines copies and the real ones were the ones for sale or some trades.
The sound quality on the rehearsals is Ok, although the guitar is a bit too low, but you can understand it. The live tracks sound better, and there are some really funy things going on with the audience...
I also have my own copy and it is on a Sony tape, and it is an original one. Maybe I am wrong, but I think it was my tape that cames with all those extras, and then he recorded in his tape...or vicevsersa. I have my name on the thanks list of the debut CD, so I guess I did an interview with Esa or something...anyway we were good penpals, still to this day I have the letter telling me he is out of music...and now his music sells for a lot of cash...weird...
Sacrilegio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will anyone sell the original Unholy Domain demo?
peterott

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Rehearsal stuff on that tape was already released on the Demigod/Necropsy Masterkult bootleg.

I have two versions of the demo:
1) Thick cardboard, white tape, no lyrics
2) gloosy thick paper, clear tape with sticker and lyrics.

At least one should be the original. But that ebay auction I would not touch.

Karan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Well, the Rehearsal stuff on that tape was already released on the Demigod/Necropsy Masterkult bootleg.

I have two versions of the demo:
1) Thick cardboard, white tape, no lyrics
2) gloosy thick paper, clear tape with sticker and lyrics.

At least one should be the original. But that ebay auction I would not touch.

Mine and the one on the eGay is the first one, thick cardboard but no lyrics. He has one white tape and the Maxell tape, mine is a Sony. And yeah, all of them original, at least mine in a Sony tape was sendt by Esa himself. The other one might be from a distro or something, or a re-press of the demo with lyrics.
Peter, any chance you can scan that back side of the cover and send it by e-mail so I can print it? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Trade All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: