P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Morbid Angel worship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

I summon thee...
Abominations of Desolation
12%
 12%  [ 33 ]
Altars of Madness
41%
 41%  [ 108 ]
Blessed Are the Sick
14%
 14%  [ 37 ]
Covenant
10%
 10%  [ 27 ]
Domination
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Entangled In Chaos
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
6%
 6%  [ 17 ]
Gateways to Annihilation
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
Heretic
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Illud Divinum Insanus
9%
 9%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 262

NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
ravage wrote:

Still not a fan of Blessed, sounds too tame and restrained somehow.

I really like the album, but I know exactly what you're talking about. It's the dry production that does it.

That's how it is for me as well.

It's not dry it's shit. Like the production of Sepultura's "Arise". Nothing can piss me off more than a record ruined by the shitty work of a sound engineer. The only thing that rocks is DV's vocals. Guitars are weak as hell and way too clean, drums sound triggered while they are not (über fail). Well, I should stop here...

Yet another sad chapter in the history of NWN post-teen scenesters/revisionists thinking their worthless opinion on classic albums is worth jackshit. The crimes of "insult to metal" and "lack of taste in metal" should be introduced and cunts like these banned and jailed for supreme utter faggotry. Fucking back to your Grifteskimprnlyng crap you bunch of pretentious bitches.
Dostojanstvenik

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altars is my timeless classic, as is Abominations, but the one which gets the more spins at home is Covenant. Sheer brutality from start to finish. Plus that re-recording of "Angel of disease" fucking SHREDS. About that BatS production... I think you guys are very picky, the drums sound sterile as fuck but the rest of the album sounds well to my ears. Perfect milestone of dark and pounding death metal, even though the previously recorded versions of some songs were infinitely superior. Domination is such a bizarre and twisted masterpiece with some of the most inspired solos by Trey. FFTTF has some crushing riffs here and there plus "Invocation...", which is a heavy metal masterpiece and not that shitty wannabe-Manilla Road songs by Wimpthrone.

Then I think of all those bands which got inspired by such ageless slabs of death metal and I cannot help but bowing down to their mastery: Infamy, Coffin Texts, Sadistic Intent, all of them slay in my book.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The production on "Blessed are the sick" is polarizing since the day the album was released, no revisionism this time.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-B-C were among the first metal albums I owned, listened to them for years before I heard anything else. These days I spin Abominations and Formulas the most. Can't really name a favourite.

Agree on Blessed production being too clean, but the album is pretty much flawless otherwise.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The production fits the music just perfectly. The album simply has a different vibe from AoM.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Holocaust wrote:
Altars is my timeless classic, as is Abominations, but the one which gets the more spins at home is Covenant. Sheer brutality from start to finish. Plus that re-recording of "Angel of disease" fucking SHREDS. About that BatS production... I think you guys are very picky, the drums sound sterile as fuck but the rest of the album sounds well to my ears. Perfect milestone of dark and pounding death metal, even though the previously recorded versions of some songs were infinitely superior. Domination is such a bizarre and twisted masterpiece with some of the most inspired solos by Trey. FFTTF has some crushing riffs here and there plus "Invocation...", which is a heavy metal masterpiece and not that shitty wannabe-Manilla Road songs by Wimpthrone.

Then I think of all those bands which got inspired by such ageless slabs of death metal and I cannot help but bowing down to their mastery: Infamy, Coffin Texts, Sadistic Intent, all of them slay in my book.

I agree with pretty much everything you just said.
Also, add Mortem to that list. Cool
All killer bands, indeed.
ravage

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

asmael LeBouc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan of every albums but Illud.

FFTTF is my numero uno because that´s with that album that I discovered MA.

But DOMINATION is so awesome... I dont get the hate it/scorn it gets. Such killer riffs... "Where The Slime Live" shreds, one of MA's gigs highlights everytime they play it live.
"Dawn Of the Angry" also über killer
"Hatework" is grand is so hateful indeed, fiercest MA vocals

Gateways needs to be repressed on wax ASAP, but I'm confident Earache will launch the multicolor wax carnival some day...

And I even really enjoy Heretic despite the plastic production. Some riffs there are fucking WICKED and filthy and deliciously jarring. Trey rules as always

Hopefully Steve and Pete will return someday, with Erick to form again the greatest MA line-up ever Twisted Evil

TRADE / WANT LIST ! ! ! :
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12006/
Good sellers/traders: ChapelOfDoom, thetrueevil/ GoldenBull, Hobophobic, NWN PROD
Worthless Joke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are probably records coming out with a "better" production everyday no matter which kind of production you prefer. But none of these are remotely as good as Blessed. There is no way music as good as Blessed could be ruined by bad production unless you couldn't hear what was going on, and that is obviously not the case.
Worthless Joke

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
The production on "Blessed are the sick" is polarizing since the day the album was released, no revisionism this time.

Well, in a way it still is. Back when "Blessed..." was coming out there was lots of great music, so it might make more sense to be picky back then. But today when the quality level of music coming out is so extremely low it seems idiotic to raise such a minor point when talking about something which actually is great. At least if you like even one album released these last 15 years I don't understand any kind of critical tone against Blessed cause no matter the production Blessed will probably still be better than whatever you can mention.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worthless Joke wrote:
But today when the quality level of music coming out is so extremely low it seems idiotic to raise such a minor point when talking about something which actually is great.

I don't compare MA's output to other bands. The only thing MA can be measured is themselves, as they are pioneers and unique in their league.

I don't think the production is bad at all. But people back then were a bit confused, no one expected such a clean sound after the crushing predecessor.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point is that the production isn't bad at all, it's just different and it matches the darker, more sulphureous tone of the album. Flawless record and an absolute milestone of the genre, whoever disagrees is a faggot, period.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Under Command wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
ravage wrote:

Still not a fan of Blessed, sounds too tame and restrained somehow.

I really like the album, but I know exactly what you're talking about. It's the dry production that does it.

That's how it is for me as well.

It's not dry it's shit. Like the production of Sepultura's "Arise". Nothing can piss me off more than a record ruined by the shitty work of a sound engineer. The only thing that rocks is DV's vocals. Guitars are weak as hell and way too clean, drums sound triggered while they are not (über fail). Well, I should stop here...

Yet another sad chapter in the history of NWN post-teen scenesters/revisionists thinking their worthless opinion on classic albums is worth jackshit. The crimes of "insult to metal" and "lack of taste in metal" should be introduced and cunts like these banned and jailed for supreme utter faggotry. Fucking back to your Grifteskimprnlyng crap you bunch of pretentious bitches.

Do you dipshits have any idea what the word "dry" means here, or is this just another happy funtime Italiofaggot bitchfest? It doesn't have an abundance of reverb. Past Morbid Angel (and some future stuff) did. It's a "dry production" compared to most of their other albums.
El Feroce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The production of Blessed fits perfectly to the dark mood that Trey and David wanted to create. Even David's vocals are more guttural here, more satanic and deep (vv. Unholy Blasphemies for an example).

I think Blessed Are The Sick it's the definitive death metal album, with all due respect to Altars and Covenant, Blessed teach how death metal is to be played.

"Azazel, lend to me your wings of twelve..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: