P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocation..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take DEICIDE off and it's awesome.
Unless we get the og DECIDE lineup.

This type of tour should have happened years ago, but if it happens now, I would not complain.
zyklonbaptism

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go if ticket prices were reasonable, fuck it.
Stalinorgel
banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocati Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
El Feroce wrote:
...the Big 4 (Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax)...

I never understood why Anthrax is considered a "big" band like the others mentioned. Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth are big bands for sure (whether you like their newer shit or not), but Anthrax? From what I've seen in almost 20 years they're not even 1/1000 as "big" as the other 3 bands.

Same for me, but many people consider Anthrax a Big Four and some of this even the 'first band', above to Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth.
I don't understand it, in the '90 when they played Clash Of Titans as nowdays.

Yes, but who should have been the 4th band instead of Anthrax then? Exodus? The "Clash of the Titans" also featured Testament and even Suicidal Tendencies.

@topic: Good opportunity for young DM-fans to have 5 "must-have-seen" bands checked out on their list. And luckily for Suffocation, Death are dead.
Mendicant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocati Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
El Feroce wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
El Feroce wrote:
...the Big 4 (Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax)...

I never understood why Anthrax is considered a "big" band like the others mentioned. Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth are big bands for sure (whether you like their newer shit or not), but Anthrax? From what I've seen in almost 20 years they're not even 1/1000 as "big" as the other 3 bands.

Same for me, but many people consider Anthrax a Big Four and some of this even the 'first band', above to Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth.
I don't understand it, in the '90 when they played Clash Of Titans as nowdays.

Yes, but who should have been the 4th band instead of Anthrax then? Exodus? The "Clash of the Titans" also featured Testament and even Suicidal Tendencies.

@topic: Good opportunity for young DM-fans to have 5 "must-have-seen" bands checked out on their list. And luckily for Suffocation, Death are dead.

Sepultura may have outsold Anthrax over the years but might not have been big enough around the time of Clash Of The Titans. Kreator, Destruction or Voivod maybe
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the fans this could be a fun trip down memory lane, I'd need a fair bit of booze though.
hellmask

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthrax was huge back in the day, and easily one of the biggest/most recognizable thrash bands ever. They may be living off their past these days, but which of the "Big 4" isn't?

The strangest part of "Clash of the Titans" was Alice In Chains as the opening act...still don't know how that happened.

I think Sepultura, Testament, Exodus and Overkill would qualify as the "Next Big 4" in thrash around that time in terms of popularity. Sepultura did headline the smaller "New Titans On the Block" tour back in 1991, which remains one of the best shows I've ever seen. Sepultura, Napalm Death, Sacred Reich, Type O, Biohazard, maybe 1-2 more...insane!
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK clash of the titans had infectious grooves as opener, along with slayer, megadeath and testament.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
This would have been an AWESOME tour in 1992...

Now...

I'll pass.

This.

To everyone shitbagging Obituary, I saw on the Cause of Death tour and I saw them again recently and they were fucking well worth going to. I'm only into the first two Frost Worship records, the rest I can leave, but they were killer and worth going to see if they pass by your town.
M8FOX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocati Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
And luckily for Suffocation, Death are dead.

Or they can resurrect Chuck via hologram, like Tupac. Laughing
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smallest band on this list = Suffocation

Band with the most to gain from this tour if it happens = Suffocation

Band who has stayed the most true to Death Metal on this list = Suffocation/Cannibal Corpse tie.
El Feroce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of all the Big 5, only Obituary I have not seen live and this (if it's happen truly) would be a good opportunity to see them finally.

I have just a doubt about nowdays Deicide that may be turned off without the Hoffman(s) and Glen that is missing from the stage in the past years.

But for Morbid Angel, Suffo and Cannibal will always a massacre to be.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocati Reply with quote

Mendicant wrote:

Sepultura may have outsold Anthrax over the years but might not have been big enough around the time of Clash Of The Titans. Kreator, Destruction or Voivod maybe

If I'm not mistaken, I think the "Big Four" term always referred to American bands, exclusively ?

but yeah, Anthrax ranged from "meh" to fucking horrible to my ears. Nowhere near the league the other 3 bands were playing in during the 80's.
The best thing they ever did was guest star on Married WIth Children.
Zone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Obituary really outsold Suffocation? I find that hard to believe, maybe Deicide by a slight margin but I don't think Obituary.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zone wrote:
maybe Deicide by a slight margin

Deicide's self-titled album is one of (if not the) highest selling death metal albums of all time.
giggs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obituary were big in Europe when they released The End Complete. Bigger than Suffocation for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: