P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocation..
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocation.. Reply with quote

"In a recent interview with Suffocation bassist Derek Boyer, Derek discussed the Brutal Big 5. For those that aren't aware, The Brutal Big 5 is death metals answer to the Big 4 (Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax). Derek not only talked about it, but went on to state that it is in early planning stages. Derek stated "We are talking about doing rotating headlining spots with Suffocation, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Obituary. We want to get all the heavy weights together and flip-flop and take turns headlining. It will be really fun to get this thing to work out."

Hopefully this becomes a reality."

http://thegauntlet.com/article/561/27184/THE-BRUTAL-BIG-5-It-Might-Be-A-Reality-Soon#.URutSvIeV58

http://loudwire.com/suffocation-derek-boyer-possibility-the-brutal-big-5-tour/

http://gunshyassassin.com/gun-shy-interview/suffocations-derek-boyer-the-gun-shy-interview/

Last edited by El Feroce on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
.aske

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mid-life crisis
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only band listed there that still makes viable metal is Cannibal Corpse, and you can see them for pretty cheap typically and not have to sit through 2013 Morbid Angel and Deicide.
Kapalika

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.
When I watched Obituary live one or two years ago they were surprisingly good though, only playing old material obviously.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.aske wrote:
mid-life crisis

+ desparate rebranding exercise for a bunch of now-irrelevant bands (not that I ever gave a shit about CC)
Candlemass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocati Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
...the Big 4 (Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax)...

I never understood why Anthrax is considered a "big" band like the others mentioned. Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth are big bands for sure (whether you like their newer shit or not), but Anthrax? From what I've seen in almost 20 years they're not even 1/1000 as "big" as the other 3 bands.

gromcrom wrote:
Other fails must listen instead homeless hiking gypsy of Darkthrones.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocati Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
El Feroce wrote:

I never understood why Anthrax is considered a "big" band like the others mentioned. Slayer, Metallica and Megadeth are big bands for sure (whether you like their newer shit or not), but Anthrax? From what I've seen in almost 20 years they're not even 1/1000 as "big" as the other 3 bands.

that being the point...at the time the whole 'Big 4' was being banded around by Metal Hammer etc. they were one of the top-selling/most popular thrash acts. But I guess even then they lagged behind the other 3 in terms of sales and quality. They were always pretty naff tbh.
El Feroce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocati Reply with quote

Candlemass wrote:
El Feroce wrote:

Same for me, but many people consider Anthrax a Big Four and some of this even the 'first band', above to Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth.
I don't understand it, in the '90 when they played Clash Of Titans as nowdays.

In topic, I do not consider any midlife crisis because the bands that may be present are already well known and famous to need to find business as it could be this.

I think instead that it is a very good opportunity for any death metaller to attend an historic event.
DSS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day this would have been a great show but today it will be just a bunch of old farts trying to relive the past. I rather stay home and listen to some old albums of theirs.
God Slayer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe i'm not as big a curmudgeon as most here, but I would probably enjoy this show if the bands played a lot of old material.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just trying to imagine the fetid body odour plume that will likely encompass this entire tour.

Trade/Buy/Sell!: addo_of_nex, Black_Fire, bunyip, cannibal_riot, cursed blood, dawid, Deathammer, etdeath, wvrm
N.W.D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: BRUTAL BIG 5 TOUR Morbid Angel Cannibal Corpse Suffocati Reply with quote

El Feroce wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
El Feroce wrote:

Same for me, but many people consider Anthrax a Big Four and some of this even the 'first band', above to Metallica, Slayer and Megadeth.
I don't understand it, in the '90 when they played Clash Of Titans as nowdays.

In topic, I do not consider any midlife crisis because the bands that may be present are already well known and famous to need to find business as it could be this.

I think instead that it is a very good opportunity for any death metaller to attend an historic event.

I swear I read somewhere that Anthrax's manager (Or someone in a similar behind the scenes position) coined the term so the band could be marketed on the same level as the other three bands. Definitely worked out well for the lot of them
Zone

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace Oshituary with a good band, and then we could talk about a memorable tour.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I already made plans to be washing my hair that night
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would have been an AWESOME tour in 1992...

Now...

I'll pass.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: