P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Maiden Maiden England DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Maiden Maiden England DVD Reply with quote

AMAZING Tuesday news!!!

Quote:
EMI are proud to announce the highly anticipated release of the Double Disc DVD MAIDEN ENGLAND ‘88 on 25 March. Now available for the very first time on DVD, this live show was filmed across two sold-out nights at Birmingham N.E.C Arena, UK in November 1988 during the band’s “Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son World Tour”. Disc one contains the concert which has been specially upgraded and extended from the existing 1989 longform VHS release and now includes three previously unreleased encores: Running Free, Run To The Hills and Sanctuary thereby completing the full concert with a total running time of 110 minutes . Maiden’s own Film Producer and Director Andy Matthews went back to the 1988 edit and painstakingly remastered each shot digitally; colour correcting and grading to give the image the best possible look from that time. As well as the VHS stereo sound track by Martin Birch, the band’s producer between 1981 and 1993, the DVD also includes a brand new 5.1 audio surround mix by Maiden’s current producer Kevin Shirley. The concert was meticulously directed and edited by bass player and founder member Steve Harris, so as to capture the performance from a fans-eye view of the stage, focusing fully on the music, the elaborate stage production and the lighting. Add into the mix an electrifying set list and of course Eddie, and Maiden England now offers a snapshot of a bygone era in which the band, as they continue to do today, devote their all in delivering the ultimate live experience for their fans. Disc two is an extensive bonus disc featuring an exclusive documentary charting Part 3 in the History of Iron Maiden. This 40-minute film comprises recent interviews with the five band members and manager, Rod Smallwood. Picking up the story in the aftermath of the ‘84/85 World Slavery tour, this interesting and insightful documentary sees the band speak candidly about their memories of an exciting and occasionally turbulent period from which would emerge the albums Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son. As the Eighties began to draw to a close, so did another chapter in Maiden’s compelling history. Other special extras on the bonus disc include Twelve Wasted Years. First released as a longform VHS in 1987 and available for the first time on DVD, this documentary runs for 90 minutes and includes archive interviews and dynamic live footage from the band’s beginnings in the now legendary Ruskin Arms pub, via London’s Marquee club and three World Tours. Five promo videos for the singles from the aforementioned albums are also featured and have been carefully restored and improved upon from the original films using the very latest software with the audio remastered in digital stereo. Manager Rod Smallwood comments “We’ve been busy upgrading this concert footage for a long time, with our in-house Film Producer and Director Andy Matthews working tirelessly to weave his magic yet again!. The 1989 VHS video has been largely unavailable for many years and we know how eagerly our fans have been awaiting the new version so we wanted to give it the best possible treatment. The current Maiden England World Tour which continues later this year revisits much of the set list and production from the initial 1989 VHS release so it will be interesting to compare just how much has changed in terms of our 2013 live show production, especially with all the advances in modern technology and the improvements we’ve been able to make to the set”. The Maiden England ‘88 concert soundtrack will also be made available on 2CD album, Limited Edition double vinyl picture disc and Digital Download formats. The audio had previously only ever been available before on CD as part of EMI’s 1994 Sound And Vision Series packaged alongside the VHS, but with two tracks fewer than the video contained. Can I Play With Madness and Hallowed Be Thy Name were not featured as there was no space on the 1CD disc. Now with the three encores also included the double disc offers a total of 5 tracks previously unavailable on CD making this the first full and complete audio recording release of this historic tour.

NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck DVDs. Give me a Blu Ray of this.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news but they took their fucking time huh? This could and should have been done years ago. Still this is the best Maiden live album!!
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Fuck DVDs. Give me a Blu Ray of this.

Indeed...

Good news about making the live album complete as well. LP is coming out too but fuck it's again a picture disc.

"You can't hide the hook!"
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!!!
throneofmight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

must-have
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
spectre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:
Yes!!!

My favorite Maiden era
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfDecay wrote:
Still this is the best Maiden live album!!

Wrong thread unless you have mistaken it for 'Maiden Japan'. Cool Wink
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news!
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about this again the other day, wondering when it will finally be coming out. Very much looking forward to the Part 3 documentary !

Why no blu ray....strange considering Maiden is usually on the up and up with technology. The age of the concert shouldn't matter at all, as I have plenty of blu rays of 70's and 80's movies that look and sound stunning.

Edit: Fuck Kevin Shirley. Fuck him in the asshole with a big rubber dick.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they shot it on videotape rather than film, rendering a blue ray somewhat irrelevant? I mean this was 88 and videotape was all the rage....
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Maybe they shot it on videotape rather than film, rendering a blue ray somewhat irrelevant? I mean this was 88 and videotape was all the rage....

That hadn't occurred to me. I know nothing of the differences between video tape and film, so you're probably right.

Only other little complaint is that I wish they'd have used the original cover, instead of the current tour image.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

That hadn't occurred to me. I know nothing of the differences between video tape and film, so you're probably right.

Only other little complaint is that I wish they'd have used the original cover, instead of the current tour image.

I am pretty sure that film can be scanned at 1080p and will look flawless but NTSC will go through a process called "upconverting" which typically makes it look..... like NTSC video..... so there's probably no point in 2 different formats. That's my guess, I'd consider it a product of it's time.....
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
holy ghost wrote:

I am pretty sure that film can be scanned at 1080p and will look flawless but NTSC will go through a process called "upconverting" which typically makes it look..... like NTSC video..... so there's probably no point in 2 different formats. That's my guess, I'd consider it a product of it's time.....

Well I refuse to believe a band of the caliber of Maiden (which in '88 was at its apex) would shoot a professional live with multiple camera angles on videotape. But even in the remote case they did, a 1080 scan of the master would certainly look clearer and brighter than any dvd.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the issue might be that you don't scan a videotape master, it's totally different than film. If it was done at 640 x 480 that's the best resolution you're going to get from a progressive scan video.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: