P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DRAKKAR-VLAD TEPES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eosforos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that some effort is put into these. At least the TER Mütiilation bootleg cds look like total shit, haven't seen Tepes ones though...
N.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typhon wrote:
Someone please tell me what the difference is between the new Mütiilation - Vampires of Black Imperial Blood 2lp pressing on Drakkar and Dark Adversary?

I'd definitely recommend you get the Dark Adversary version, it has a few bonus songs I had never knew existed, and they are great and fit the rest of the album. I ended up having both versions, and the Drakkar version has some photos of LLN guys who weren't even in Mutiilation, something about the record felt "cheap," anyway I sold it to a record store as soon as I got the DAP version...

- E. M. Cioran
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord puke wrote:
ThornCross wrote:
I'm sure the guys of Belkètre are not aware of this release.

+1

that's a fact : only VT was aware (at least one of the 2 guys)

Wow, I'm surprised that they actually OKed it.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
lord puke wrote:
ThornCross wrote:

+1

Wow, I'm surprised that they actually OKed it.

You say that like there's evidence that they did.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
You say that like there's evidence that they did.

Not this again... 60 more pages here we go!
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Zone

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the quality decent for the War funeral march reissue that HHR has in stock?
xr2m

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord puke wrote:
ThornCross wrote:

+1

I was told that Laurent gave permission for the Belketre stuff, but who knows if that's really true or not...
Under Command

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a shit if the members are ok or not ? They left Black Metal behind them for years now... I bought those reissues and they are as GREAT as they were needed by those who like these bands. Also these are official Drakkar Prod releases not a mysterious sub-label. End of the story.
Shiru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
Who gives a shit if the members are ok or not ?
Under Command wrote:
Also these are official Drakkar Prod releases not a mysterious sub-label.

WTF it means??!! Exclamation
xr2m

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
Who gives a shit if the members are ok or not ? They left Black Metal behind them for years now... I bought those reissues and they are as GREAT as they were needed by those who like these bands. Also these are official Drakkar Prod releases not a mysterious sub-label. End of the story.

If you were in a band, wouldn't you care what people were doing with your recordings, even if you were no longer interested in that particular style of music? Even if these guys left black metal long ago, they are obviously still aware of what people are doing with their music, such as selling bootlegs. Even Vordb admitted as much when he briefly re-emerged a few years ago when someone was selling fake "newly recorded" Moevot releases.

Even though these new releases are legitimate as far as obtaining permission from some previous members (Vorlok and Keetreh if I've heard correctly), Noktu has still pulled off a great scam in getting people to buy all of the previous TER bootleg releases and then also buying these so-called official releases when he's been the main person behind both.
Under Command

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I care but in this case no. The reason is that already 10 years ago there was high demand on their releases and dozen of labels that would've been proud to rerelease their material. So where were they ? They didn't seem to care AT ALL at the time but in 2013 they suddenly care ? this has always pissed me off. Bands that have "success" but refuse to please their own audience and let crappy bootleggers take the thing in charge. So now I don't care anymore if they are agree or not.

It's also quiet ironical that guys who preached eradication of mankind and supported "war, famine, genocide" whine about bootlegs. Laughing
Transmission

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
Usually I care but in this case no. The reason is that already 10 years ago there was high demand on their releases and dozen of labels that would've been proud to rerelease their material. So where were they ? They didn't seem to care AT ALL at the time but in 2013 they suddenly care ?

I do find it strange that they care now (if, indeed, they do) - as ten years ago their stance of absence made much more sense given their stated wish in interviews when active that they wanted to make their releases less accessible (stopping CDs, smaller editions to be spread only to the 'worthy' etc).

Daft as this stance might seem, I found it quite intriguing at the time - that out there somewhere Vlad Tepes would still be creating new music in some rehearsal hell-hole but deliberately not releasing it.

Why that would change now I cannot fathom (although I could guess). It seems odd (or desperate).
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmission wrote:
Why that would change now I cannot fathom (although I could guess). It seems odd (or desperate).

Or a nice positive addition to their bank account at the end of the month. Or they finally realized that such a rerelease may be a recognition of what they brought to music.They may have moved outside BM, but may not spit on what is offered now, be it cash or recognition, or both.

Anyway, I've ordered the VT/BELKETRE on both CD, and LP and La Morte Lune on CD. I'm curious about how War Funeral March looks but owning a third version of this record is just throwing cash away IMO.
Transmission

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
Transmission wrote:

Or a nice positive addition to their bank account at the end of the month. Or they finally realized that such a rerelease may be a recognition of what they brought to music.They may have moved outside BM, but may not spit on what is offered now, be it cash or recognition, or both.

Well, I quite agree regarding their bank account. That would indeed have been my guess. And although their whole raison d'etre seemed to become to avoid and not welcome recognition of their achievements, they are of course allowed to change their minds. It's been a long time, after all!
Under Command

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmission wrote:
Under Command wrote:
Usually I care but in this case no. The reason is that already 10 years ago there was high demand on their releases and dozen of labels that would've been proud to rerelease their material. So where were they ? They didn't seem to care AT ALL at the time but in 2013 they suddenly care ?

I do find it strange that they care now (if, indeed, they do) - as ten years ago their stance of absence made much more sense given their stated wish in interviews when active that they wanted to make their releases less accessible (stopping CDs, smaller editions to be spread only to the 'worthy' etc).

For me this attitude is just the wrong interpretation of TNBM misanthropy. This is just retarded as hell. Mayhem were evil and Euronymous stated that limiting your release is stupid, because greedy posers cash on it and in the end even the guys worthy of having it can be screwed. Anyway LLN always searched to be "more evil than satan himself" and it ends with 90% of them quitting Black Metal after teenage hood *insert facepalm*. Well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: