P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

DRAKKAR-VLAD TEPES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
eosforos



Joined: 16 Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Location: Oulu, Finland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope that some effort is put into these. At least the TER Mütiilation bootleg cds look like total shit, haven't seen Tepes ones though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
N.



Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 1191

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typhon wrote:
Someone please tell me what the difference is between the new Mütiilation - Vampires of Black Imperial Blood 2lp pressing on Drakkar and Dark Adversary?


I'd definitely recommend you get the Dark Adversary version, it has a few bonus songs I had never knew existed, and they are great and fit the rest of the album. I ended up having both versions, and the Drakkar version has some photos of LLN guys who weren't even in Mutiilation, something about the record felt "cheap," anyway I sold it to a record store as soon as I got the DAP version...
_________________
"By all evidence we are in the world to do nothing."

- E. M. Cioran
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
the coming of blood angel



Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Posts: 506

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord puke wrote:
ThornCross wrote:
I'm sure the guys of Belkètre are not aware of this release.


+1

that's a fact : only VT was aware (at least one of the 2 guys)


Wow, I'm surprised that they actually OKed it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
lord puke wrote:
ThornCross wrote:
I'm sure the guys of Belkètre are not aware of this release.


+1

that's a fact : only VT was aware (at least one of the 2 guys)


Wow, I'm surprised that they actually OKed it.


You say that like there's evidence that they did.
Back to top
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 6023
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
You say that like there's evidence that they did.

Not this again... 60 more pages here we go!
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.
rauta wrote:
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zone



Joined: 07 Sep 2011
Posts: 1105
Location: United Christianized States of America

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the quality decent for the War funeral march reissue that HHR has in stock?
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
2. It's unhealthy to not be able to name an actor or pop-culture figure but be able to name 88 Romanian black metal projects off the top of your head. It screams Rain Man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
xr2m



Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lord puke wrote:
ThornCross wrote:
I'm sure the guys of Belkètre are not aware of this release.


+1

that's a fact : only VT was aware (at least one of the 2 guys)


I was told that Laurent gave permission for the Belketre stuff, but who knows if that's really true or not...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Under Command



Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 782
Location: Down there

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who gives a shit if the members are ok or not ? They left Black Metal behind them for years now... I bought those reissues and they are as GREAT as they were needed by those who like these bands. Also these are official Drakkar Prod releases not a mysterious sub-label. End of the story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiru



Joined: 04 Feb 2007
Posts: 1817
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
Who gives a shit if the members are ok or not ?
Under Command wrote:
Also these are official Drakkar Prod releases not a mysterious sub-label.


WTF it means??!! Exclamation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xr2m



Joined: 08 Apr 2011
Posts: 64

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
Who gives a shit if the members are ok or not ? They left Black Metal behind them for years now... I bought those reissues and they are as GREAT as they were needed by those who like these bands. Also these are official Drakkar Prod releases not a mysterious sub-label. End of the story.


If you were in a band, wouldn't you care what people were doing with your recordings, even if you were no longer interested in that particular style of music? Even if these guys left black metal long ago, they are obviously still aware of what people are doing with their music, such as selling bootlegs. Even Vordb admitted as much when he briefly re-emerged a few years ago when someone was selling fake "newly recorded" Moevot releases.

Even though these new releases are legitimate as far as obtaining permission from some previous members (Vorlok and Keetreh if I've heard correctly), Noktu has still pulled off a great scam in getting people to buy all of the previous TER bootleg releases and then also buying these so-called official releases when he's been the main person behind both.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Under Command



Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 782
Location: Down there

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I care but in this case no. The reason is that already 10 years ago there was high demand on their releases and dozen of labels that would've been proud to rerelease their material. So where were they ? They didn't seem to care AT ALL at the time but in 2013 they suddenly care ? this has always pissed me off. Bands that have "success" but refuse to please their own audience and let crappy bootleggers take the thing in charge. So now I don't care anymore if they are agree or not.

It's also quiet ironical that guys who preached eradication of mankind and supported "war, famine, genocide" whine about bootlegs. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Transmission



Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 26
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Command wrote:
Usually I care but in this case no. The reason is that already 10 years ago there was high demand on their releases and dozen of labels that would've been proud to rerelease their material. So where were they ? They didn't seem to care AT ALL at the time but in 2013 they suddenly care ?


I do find it strange that they care now (if, indeed, they do) - as ten years ago their stance of absence made much more sense given their stated wish in interviews when active that they wanted to make their releases less accessible (stopping CDs, smaller editions to be spread only to the 'worthy' etc).

Daft as this stance might seem, I found it quite intriguing at the time - that out there somewhere Vlad Tepes would still be creating new music in some rehearsal hell-hole but deliberately not releasing it.

Why that would change now I cannot fathom (although I could guess). It seems odd (or desperate).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xeniteia



Joined: 13 Feb 2008
Posts: 1446
Location: Rhône Valley, France

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmission wrote:
Why that would change now I cannot fathom (although I could guess). It seems odd (or desperate).


Or a nice positive addition to their bank account at the end of the month. Or they finally realized that such a rerelease may be a recognition of what they brought to music.They may have moved outside BM, but may not spit on what is offered now, be it cash or recognition, or both.

Anyway, I've ordered the VT/BELKETRE on both CD, and LP and La Morte Lune on CD. I'm curious about how War Funeral March looks but owning a third version of this record is just throwing cash away IMO.
_________________
Scrutare et vide quia propheta a Galilaea non surgit!
http://www.discogs.com/seller/Xeniteia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Transmission



Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 26
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
Transmission wrote:
Why that would change now I cannot fathom (although I could guess). It seems odd (or desperate).


Or a nice positive addition to their bank account at the end of the month. Or they finally realized that such a rerelease may be a recognition of what they brought to music.They may have moved outside BM, but may not spit on what is offered now, be it cash or recognition, or both.


Well, I quite agree regarding their bank account. That would indeed have been my guess. And although their whole raison d'etre seemed to become to avoid and not welcome recognition of their achievements, they are of course allowed to change their minds. It's been a long time, after all!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Under Command



Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 782
Location: Down there

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmission wrote:
Under Command wrote:
Usually I care but in this case no. The reason is that already 10 years ago there was high demand on their releases and dozen of labels that would've been proud to rerelease their material. So where were they ? They didn't seem to care AT ALL at the time but in 2013 they suddenly care ?


I do find it strange that they care now (if, indeed, they do) - as ten years ago their stance of absence made much more sense given their stated wish in interviews when active that they wanted to make their releases less accessible (stopping CDs, smaller editions to be spread only to the 'worthy' etc).



For me this attitude is just the wrong interpretation of TNBM misanthropy. This is just retarded as hell. Mayhem were evil and Euronymous stated that limiting your release is stupid, because greedy posers cash on it and in the end even the guys worthy of having it can be screwed. Anyway LLN always searched to be "more evil than satan himself" and it ends with 90% of them quitting Black Metal after teenage hood *insert facepalm*. Well...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group