P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Cultes des Ghoules HENBANE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valgrinder wrote:
GoldenBull wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
Doombringer

This band sounds nothing like CDG. They just share members.

For me early Doombringer is the closest that reminds CdG. Especially innovative drumming, wicked atmosphere and morbid soundscape.

At first when I got hooked to "Häxan" I loved how it sounded like glory days of Barathrum. But now dont see so much similarites, maybe just same hypnotic feeling

I don't think the Doombringer demos sound anything like CDG. For me Doombringer is the type of band you will like the first time you hear them but with the exception of the new album it took me a while to get into CDG.

Last edited by moonan on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
Ahahahaha! I did indeed mix them up with Bestial Raids. Need more coffee.

DOH.

Dalihrob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recommend me some good entry shit from Doombringer. The bits I've heard on youtube didn't impress me...
moonan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZAqot8NMxY

Theirs a live version of it on youtube as well. The version on Demos LP sounds a lot better than this link though.

Edit: The Live version sounds a lot better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAdZU6SLik
Deströyer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fucking good.... can even detect a stench of the first Black Sabbath LP here and there...

Question: ANY U.K. DISTROS ?
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think their EP sounds a bit like CDG. Also, it's definitely not "bestial" crap. Good stuff regardless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEN4ZJ3atzY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9dMGUrkyGM
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalihrob wrote:
Recommend me some good entry shit from Doombringer. The bits I've heard on youtube didn't impress me...

Check out their EP (posted tracks above), easily their best material.
nomapple

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deströyer wrote:
Sounds fucking good.... can even detect a stench of the first Black Sabbath LP here and there...

Question: ANY U.K. DISTROS ?

I think Barghest are getting some.
Antichrist Decimator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this album is evil as hell...
I bought a bag of Hyoscyamus albus here -----> http://cahuinadencul.net/hierbas-hojas/hojas-plantas-sagradas-exoticas/hyoscyamus-niger-beleno-negro.html
And prepare for the sonoric ritual of ancient witchcraft.
First of all, drink the unholy "Vintage Black Magic Tea", darkness, full moon shining on my place...
45 minutes later, the effects increase, and finally spin this piece of poisoned cacophony...
THIS WAS AN INTENSE AND COMPLETELY MIND FUCK TERROR, THE POISON OF THIS SPIRITUAL MAGIC PLANTS IS PERFECT TO GET LOST INTO THE DEEPEST HELLISH NIGHTMARE.
In my humble opinion, this album is made to mix the sinergy of the primitive ancient sounds, and the all mighty tropane alkaloids - hyoscyamine, scopolamine, atropine.
Sorry, I still pretty fucked up, but people who not fear the spiritual deathless evil terror, need to listen this abomination under the influence of Datura, Belladona, Henbane, Hyoscyamus albus or hyoscyamus niger.
HAIL CULTES DES GHOULES!:
the coming of blood angel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah. I didn't even realize Henbane was a thing. It's really cool that it's a solanaceae plant, the hallucinations those plants can give you is totally insane and frightening. What a perfect name for this album.
Antichrist Decimator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the coming of blood angel wrote:
Hah. I didn't even realize Henbane was a thing. It's really cool that it's a solanaceae plant, the hallucinations those plants can give you is totally insane and frightening. What a perfect name for this album.

That's right sir, solanaceas plants are evil as the Devil itself, and Datura Stramonium is the most insane plant that you can take; 3 days of frightening demonic visions, if you die under the influence of this spiritual evil plants, well... Welcome to hell.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always wanted to try Datura, just not worth the risk of kidney/liver damage. I can only imagine what Henbane would be like under the influence of any psychedelic. Surely must be a great way to induce week-long demonic psychosis.
Descension

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Datura is sketchy regarding liver damage. I'll let you guys know what this album sounds like on other psychedelics when I make the trek to get them again. This and a few others, at any rate.

This album kills.
Steken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antichrist Decimator wrote:
Ok, this album is evil as hell...
I bought a bag of Hyoscyamus albus here -----> http://cahuinadencul.net/hierbas-hojas/hojas-plantas-sagradas-exoticas/hyoscyamus-niger-beleno-negro.html
And prepare for the sonoric ritual of ancient witchcraft.
First of all, drink the unholy "Vintage Black Magic Tea", darkness, full moon shining on my place...
45 minutes later, the effects increase, and finally spin this piece of poisoned cacophony...
THIS WAS AN INTENSE AND COMPLETELY MIND FUCK TERROR, THE POISON OF THIS SPIRITUAL MAGIC PLANTS IS PERFECT TO GET LOST INTO THE DEEPEST HELLISH NIGHTMARE.
In my humble opinion, this album is made to mix the sinergy of the primitive ancient sounds, and the all mighty tropane alkaloids - hyoscyamine, scopolamine, atropine.
Sorry, I still pretty fucked up, but people who not fear the spiritual deathless evil terror, need to listen this abomination under the influence of Datura, Belladona, Henbane, Hyoscyamus albus or hyoscyamus niger.
HAIL CULTES DES GHOULES!:

Total support.

Listening to black metal while on psychedelic drugs = some of the most intense experiences I have ever had in my life, many of which will undoubtedly follow me to my grave.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
Total support.

Listening to black metal while on psychedelic drugs = some of the most intense experiences I have ever had in my life, many of which will undoubtedly follow me to my grave.

Don't think there is a single one among my top 10 BM-albums that I haven't experienced under this influence. Would recommend these kind of substances to anyone who has music as their primary interest in life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 24 of 54

Jump to: