P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Mercyful Fate Worship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Come to the Sabbath!
Nuns Have No Fun
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Melissa
34%
 34%  [ 56 ]
Don't Break the Oath
44%
 44%  [ 73 ]
Return of the Vampire
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
In the Shadows
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Time
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Into the Unknown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dead Again
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
9
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 163

Author Message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, any song on Melissa beats any song on Don't Break the Oath, no exceptions.
Back to top
GGAllingoatsuckdrinkpiss



Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desecration of Souls ? Gypsy ? Come to the Sabbath ?
_________________
"Black Metal should be agression + destruction ! No forest! No Synth!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iron tyrant



Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 2378
Location: ITALIA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh fuck...you guys seem to have completely missed the point. I'm not bashing DBTO at all.
Fact is that none of those song reach the baroque complexity of "Satan's Fall". Plus earlier Fate material had that '70ies progressive vibe that is not as present on Don't Break the Oath. In MY opinion, here lies their being so special.
_________________
Into the Menstrual Night We Go-o, Hey-Ho, Hey-Ho...

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cochino



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 552

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of DBTO songs were written in pre-Melissa days, if I'm not wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 5837
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
A bunch of DBTO songs were written in pre-Melissa days, if I'm not wrong.

That's right. Some of them are on Return of the Vampire compilation with different names.

On a Night of Full Moon = Desecration of Souls
Death Kiss = A Dangerous Meeting
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cochino



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 552

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I think I've read somewhere that Nightmare, The Oath and Come To The Sabbath also dated from before or around the same time as Melissa was released.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest reason I pick Melissa over Don't Break the Oath so easily (well, other than preferring the songs...) is that I love the production style on the EP and first LP.
Back to top
spectre



Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Posts: 1108

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in regards to newer Mercyful Fate; I like all the albums but honestly, In the Shadows is my least favorite. I think Time is a much stronger album and there are aspects I like on all the other records more than In the Shadows; That one always fell a little flat for me.
_________________
Listen to Countess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Morbid Obesity



Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 1880
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spectre wrote:
So in regards to newer Mercyful Fate; I like all the albums but honestly, In the Shadows is my least favorite. I think Time is a much stronger album and there are aspects I like on all the other records more than In the Shadows; That one always fell a little flat for me.


Its definitely weaker than Time. Not a bad album by any means but a lot of the songs drag. A Gruesome Time and Room with Golden Air are great though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Obesity wrote:
spectre wrote:
So in regards to newer Mercyful Fate; I like all the albums but honestly, In the Shadows is my least favorite. I think Time is a much stronger album and there are aspects I like on all the other records more than In the Shadows; That one always fell a little flat for me.


Its definitely weaker than Time. Not a bad album by any means but a lot of the songs drag. A Gruesome Time and Room with Golden Air are great though.

Sometimes I wonder what you guys are smoking, must be some heavy shit. ITS has Egypt, The Old Oak, that instrumental song, The Bell Witch, the title track, is that you melissa and the new version of return of the vampire (which might as well be considered a "new" track seen as it had never been released before) + it's the only post-reunion album that captures the old MF sound. Time has three decent songs, the title track, Lady in Black and a great riff on Witches dance which is ruined by the retarded chorus. The other tracks are silly ("Castillo del Mortes" lol sure), King's voice is weak and the production is far too modern for their music.


iron tyrant wrote:
Oh fuck...you guys seem to have completely missed the point. I'm not bashing DBTO at all.
Fact is that none of those song reach the baroque complexity of "Satan's Fall". Plus earlier Fate material had that '70ies progressive vibe that is not as present on Don't Break the Oath. In MY opinion, here lies their being so special.

This is 100% true.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can honestly judge Fate's albums by the order they were released. Melissa is the best, 9 is the worst. But their "worst" is still leagues better than most bands' best. To me, they never released anything close to a bad (or even mediocre) album.
Back to top
cochino



Joined: 08 May 2010
Posts: 552

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
the new version of return of the vampire (which might as well be considered a "new" track seen as it had never been released before

Actually, it was released before, in the compilation album called Return Of The Vampire, weren't you around back then? And that new version sucks ass anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morbid Obesity



Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Posts: 1880
Location: Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what you guys are smoking, must be some heavy shit. ITS has Egypt, The Old Oak, that instrumental song, The Bell Witch, the title track, is that you melissa and the new version of return of the vampire (which might as well be considered a "new" track seen as it had never been released before) + it's the only post-reunion album that captures the old MF sound. Time has three decent songs, the title track, Lady in Black and a great riff on Witches dance which is ruined by the retarded chorus. The other tracks are silly ("Castillo del Mortes" lol sure), King's voice is weak and the production is far too modern for their music.


You forgot Angel of Light, Nightmare be thy Name and The Afterlife duder. Six great tracks!

Afterlife is a classic MF tune for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
NK7 wrote:
the new version of return of the vampire (which might as well be considered a "new" track seen as it had never been released before

Actually, it was released before, in the compilation album called Return Of The Vampire, weren't you around back then? And that new version sucks ass anyway.

RLY? No shit, u kidding me?! "Return of the vampire", never heard of that one, no way.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eighthplague
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Obesity wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what you guys are smoking, must be some heavy shit. ITS has Egypt, The Old Oak, that instrumental song, The Bell Witch, the title track, is that you melissa and the new version of return of the vampire (which might as well be considered a "new" track seen as it had never been released before) + it's the only post-reunion album that captures the old MF sound. Time has three decent songs, the title track, Lady in Black and a great riff on Witches dance which is ruined by the retarded chorus. The other tracks are silly ("Castillo del Mortes" lol sure), King's voice is weak and the production is far too modern for their music.


You forgot Angel of Light, Nightmare be thy Name and The Afterlife duder. Six great tracks!

Afterlife is a classic MF tune for me.


I really like The Mad Arab, but then I'm a sucker for that scale.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group