P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Mercyful Fate Worship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Come to the Sabbath!
Nuns Have No Fun
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Melissa
34%
 34%  [ 56 ]
Don't Break the Oath
44%
 44%  [ 73 ]
Return of the Vampire
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
In the Shadows
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Time
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Into the Unknown
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dead Again
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 163

eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, any song on Melissa beats any song on Don't Break the Oath, no exceptions.
GGAllingoatsuckdrinkpiss

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desecration of Souls ? Gypsy ? Come to the Sabbath ?
iron tyrant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh fuck...you guys seem to have completely missed the point. I'm not bashing DBTO at all.
Fact is that none of those song reach the baroque complexity of "Satan's Fall". Plus earlier Fate material had that '70ies progressive vibe that is not as present on Don't Break the Oath. In MY opinion, here lies their being so special.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
cochino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bunch of DBTO songs were written in pre-Melissa days, if I'm not wrong.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
A bunch of DBTO songs were written in pre-Melissa days, if I'm not wrong.

That's right. Some of them are on Return of the Vampire compilation with different names.

On a Night of Full Moon = Desecration of Souls
Death Kiss = A Dangerous Meeting

"You can't hide the hook!"
cochino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I think I've read somewhere that Nightmare, The Oath and Come To The Sabbath also dated from before or around the same time as Melissa was released.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest reason I pick Melissa over Don't Break the Oath so easily (well, other than preferring the songs...) is that I love the production style on the EP and first LP.
spectre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in regards to newer Mercyful Fate; I like all the albums but honestly, In the Shadows is my least favorite. I think Time is a much stronger album and there are aspects I like on all the other records more than In the Shadows; That one always fell a little flat for me.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spectre wrote:
So in regards to newer Mercyful Fate; I like all the albums but honestly, In the Shadows is my least favorite. I think Time is a much stronger album and there are aspects I like on all the other records more than In the Shadows; That one always fell a little flat for me.

Its definitely weaker than Time. Not a bad album by any means but a lot of the songs drag. A Gruesome Time and Room with Golden Air are great though.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Obesity wrote:
spectre wrote:

Its definitely weaker than Time. Not a bad album by any means but a lot of the songs drag. A Gruesome Time and Room with Golden Air are great though.

Sometimes I wonder what you guys are smoking, must be some heavy shit. ITS has Egypt, The Old Oak, that instrumental song, The Bell Witch, the title track, is that you melissa and the new version of return of the vampire (which might as well be considered a "new" track seen as it had never been released before) + it's the only post-reunion album that captures the old MF sound. Time has three decent songs, the title track, Lady in Black and a great riff on Witches dance which is ruined by the retarded chorus. The other tracks are silly ("Castillo del Mortes" lol sure), King's voice is weak and the production is far too modern for their music.

iron tyrant wrote:
Oh fuck...you guys seem to have completely missed the point. I'm not bashing DBTO at all.
Fact is that none of those song reach the baroque complexity of "Satan's Fall". Plus earlier Fate material had that '70ies progressive vibe that is not as present on Don't Break the Oath. In MY opinion, here lies their being so special.

This is 100% true.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can honestly judge Fate's albums by the order they were released. Melissa is the best, 9 is the worst. But their "worst" is still leagues better than most bands' best. To me, they never released anything close to a bad (or even mediocre) album.
cochino

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
the new version of return of the vampire (which might as well be considered a "new" track seen as it had never been released before

Actually, it was released before, in the compilation album called Return Of The Vampire, weren't you around back then? And that new version sucks ass anyway.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what you guys are smoking, must be some heavy shit. ITS has Egypt, The Old Oak, that instrumental song, The Bell Witch, the title track, is that you melissa and the new version of return of the vampire (which might as well be considered a "new" track seen as it had never been released before) + it's the only post-reunion album that captures the old MF sound. Time has three decent songs, the title track, Lady in Black and a great riff on Witches dance which is ruined by the retarded chorus. The other tracks are silly ("Castillo del Mortes" lol sure), King's voice is weak and the production is far too modern for their music.

You forgot Angel of Light, Nightmare be thy Name and The Afterlife duder. Six great tracks!

Afterlife is a classic MF tune for me.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cochino wrote:
NK7 wrote:
the new version of return of the vampire (which might as well be considered a "new" track seen as it had never been released before

Actually, it was released before, in the compilation album called Return Of The Vampire, weren't you around back then? And that new version sucks ass anyway.

RLY? No shit, u kidding me?! "Return of the vampire", never heard of that one, no way.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morbid Obesity wrote:
NK7 wrote:

You forgot Angel of Light, Nightmare be thy Name and The Afterlife duder. Six great tracks!

Afterlife is a classic MF tune for me.

I really like The Mad Arab, but then I'm a sucker for that scale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: