P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Crust/punk thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warcrust

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Crust/punk thread Reply with quote

I know we already had one in the past but I couldn't find it. Anyway, what are your thoughts on it? Personally I have many fave bands from this genre.

Wolfpack/Wolfbrigade, Skit System and Tragedy are my tops but there are many excellent bands like Disfear (both old and new era), Warcollapse (Defy! is one of the heaviest records of all time), Driller Killer, Victims, Severed Head Of State, His Hero Is Gone etc.

And of course the godfathers of the genre like mighty Discharge, Amebix, Hellbastard or Axegrinder.

What are your faves?
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Crust/punk thread Reply with quote

http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27593

Here, found it. I put "punk thread" and chose for it to find all words, not individual, and it actually came up in the first 10 or so results.

Edit: my favorite punk bands are really run-of-the-mill and obvious. The Dead Kennedys, Subhumans, Rudimentary Peni, Icons of Filth, Crass, Cress, Hellbastard, Amebix, Sex Pistols, Misfits, Avskum, Shitlickers, Discharge, Flipper, Black Flag, etc.
God Slayer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just listened to Doom demo compilation at work. Great stuff...
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really into RAC more than "ordinary" punk. But Skitsystem as you mentioned is great. Especially the song "Maktens Murar Rasar"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZYv1K9fwtY
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midgetviolence wrote:
I'm really into RAC more than "ordinary" punk. But Skitsystem as you mentioned is great. Especially the song "Maktens Murar Rasar"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZYv1K9fwtY

Love skitsystem. Back in the day they were supposed to play a warehouse outside DC and the venue got closed down that day. The show got moved to CCAS, which at the time was maybe as big as a large walk-in closet. The place had about 150-200 people crammed in there with about 3/4 of the crowd completely unable to see even where the band was playing. People were laying on top of people lining the stairs, watching from an open door on the street, etc... One of the most ridiculous shows I've ever had the pleasure of attending.

Some other favorites: Fleas and Lice, Nausea, Subhumans, Aus Rotten, MDC, The Squints, A//political, etc...

Honestly I find that 99% of the punk I used to listen to is just ignorant winey bullshit that I can't stomach any longer. To their credit, Subhumans has the best lyrics in punk that I've come across.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astralvesl wrote:

Honestly I find that 99% of the punk I used to listen to is just ignorant winey bullshit that I can't stomach any longer. To their credit, Subhumans has the best lyrics in punk that I've come across.

I'd give that honor to the Subhumans and the Dead Kennedys. Both had frontmen who weren't complete retards.

For as much as I loved Crass growing up, I don't listen to them much anymore. I am still a huge fan, but it's so whiny. And I can't even look at an Aus Rotten record these days. Laughing
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mostly into the Finnish stuff, Riistetyt, Kaaos, Terveet Kadet, Varaus, Appendix, Bastards, Stalin, Tampere SS, Protesti... most of the other stuff hasn't held up for me as well but there are exceptions like Hiatus, some Doom, Deformed Conscience, Battle of Disarm, Masskontroll, some other stuff...... but a lot of it has aged poorly for me, I could go the rest of my life without hearing Aus Rotten or Crass again....

Oh and the fucking Dutch stuff is top notch too, Larm, Pandemonium, BGK, Nog Watt, etc.....
satanicbar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most GR punk / hardcore such as :
XHUMANS
ADIEXODO
ANTIDRASI
STRESS
NUCLEAR WINTER (DEATH METAL ALA BOLT THROWER WITH GR LYRICKS)
ANTIMOB
and more .....
Shiru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KUOLEMA
KAAOS
dalecooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like heavier, death metal-inflected crust (or stenchcore I guess). I don't follow the genre too closely but every once in a while get a urge to buy something new. Some of my favorites: Hellshock, Instinct of Survival, Audio Kollaps, Amebix of course, Stormcrow, Filth of Mankind, and Tragedy.
Warcrust

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
I really like heavier, death metal-inflected crust (or stenchcore I guess). I don't follow the genre too closely but every once in a while get a urge to buy something new. Some of my favorites: Hellshock, Instinct of Survival, Audio Kollaps, Amebix of course, Stormcrow, Filth of Mankind, and Tragedy.

Then check out Warcollapse immediately if you don't know them already.
Primitive

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Crust/punk thread Reply with quote

Warcrust wrote:
I know we already had one in the past but I couldn't find it. Anyway, what are your thoughts on it? Personally I have many fave bands from this genre.

Wolfpack/Wolfbrigade, Skit System and Tragedy are my tops but there are many excellent bands like Disfear (both old and new era), Warcollapse (Defy! is one of the heaviest records of all time), Driller Killer, Victims, Severed Head Of State, His Hero Is Gone etc.

And of course the godfathers of the genre like mighty Discharge, Amebix, Hellbastard or Axegrinder.

What are your faves?

Wolkpack, skit system, tragedy, disfear, and driller killer are all d-beat. and discharge has absolutly nothing to do with crust. But good fucking real crust (aside from a couple you mentioned, and the stenchcore the other guy mentioned) = antisect - out from the void EP, misery, first sacrilege album, effigy, axeweild, acrostix, a//solution, apocalypse, extinction of mankind, extrements of war, nausea, even the first bolt thrower album I think fits... personally I think stenchcore is the purest form of crust, it was the orinal style and what crust was originally labeled as. kinda like how before "oi!" Was called "Oi!" It was just labeled as street punk, only difference is "street punk" became it's own
seperate genre, newer bands that are lebeled as stenchcore just carry on with the old
Influnces of hellbastard, antisect, amebix, deviated instinct, etc. I'm not tryin to be all "dictionary" about it, cause that's what it probably sounds like. It's just something people should understand when getting into this genre. Stenchcore's where it's at! and a lot of crusties listen to d-beat, but d-beat is d-beat and crust is crust.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are Tragedy "d-beat"? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: