P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Slayer worship thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite album?
Show No Mercy
35%
 35%  [ 75 ]
Hell Awaits
26%
 26%  [ 55 ]
Reign in Blood
26%
 26%  [ 56 ]
South of Heaven
6%
 6%  [ 13 ]
Seasons in the Abyss
4%
 4%  [ 9 ]
other/none (I'm a faggot)
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 211

eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
I'd agree on RiB being over hyped as "the best thrash metal record". It's a killer record, but there really are a lot of other Thrash metal records that are as good, like Darkness Descends.

I totally agree. Reign in Blood is a great record, but it's not the epitome of the genre that it's been made out to be by the Ozzfest generation. To me, it was the first album where they took a clear step downward.
G.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very hard to pick up one album amongst others. voted for Hell awaits, maybe because the opening/final riff is one of the most crushing and mindblowing moment in the history of metal.

...but I never understand why Divine intervention get so few recognition. it's a great, underrated album imo. the sound sucks but it's filled with killer tracks, hardcore violence and a truly ugly and sinister atmosphere. not their best of course but still a more than decent album, and their last worth listening.
(yeah, you can throw me stones now).

http://codexanamnesis.blogspot.fr/
Speerhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Weltering in Blood wrote:
I'd agree on RiB being over hyped as "the best thrash metal record". It's a killer record, but there really are a lot of other Thrash metal records that are as good, like Darkness Descends.

I totally agree. Reign in Blood is a great record, but it's not the epitome of the genre that it's been made out to be by the Ozzfest generation. To me, it was the first album where they took a clear step downward.

Whatever your tastes, or however it compares to everything else in restrospect, RiB was already a hugely significant album when I started listening to metal in the late 80s - pretty much the 'set text' for thrash. Trying to make out its legendary status is the result of nu metal revisionism just rings hollow.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:

I totally agree. Reign in Blood is a great record, but it's not the epitome of the genre that it's been made out to be by the Ozzfest generation.

You can't possibly be serious. RiB was considered the climax of the genre at least 15 years before the Osbourne family came up with the idea for their sad festival of Korn-worshipping retards.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
eighthplague wrote:

I totally agree. Reign in Blood is a great record, but it's not the epitome of the genre that it's been made out to be by the Ozzfest generation.

You can't possibly be serious. RiB was considered the climax of the genre at least 15 years before the Osbourne family came up with the idea for their sad festival of Korn-worshipping retards.

If you are oblivious to the fact that over the last 10 years Reign in Blood has been hyped way beyond what's necessary, and that it's pretty much because of these metalcore/nu metal idiots, I don't know what to tell you. Not only is Reign in Blood not the climax of the genre, it's not even the climax of their own career. It's an amazing album, but the fact remains.