P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Top 5 favourite French Black Metal albums
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
DIAPSIQUIR isn't exactly excellent IMO. The lack of coherence and the presence of many many useless parts makes me avoid it.

It indeed lacks of coherence (except on A.N.T.I. which is way more structured), but I think it's a part of the band's charm. Anyway, saying Manzer is better than Diapsiquir/a top French band is still beyond me.

Regarding the 'international conflict', I always wondered how foreigners perceive Diapsiquir.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIAPSIQUIR seem to be in high esteem otherseas.

Anyway, I won't leave a top five, but the VLAD TEPES/BELKETRE is the best French release ever IMO.
Jankowitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also pretty curious about how DIAPSIQUIR is perceive in other countries. I guess you can't like it as much if you don't understand the lyrics. I don't think there's a real lack of coherence except maybe in L.S.D. and the demos, Virus STN has strange out of place parts but in the end they all fit in perfectly (like the Godfather's theme) and serve the atmosphere right.

Although I'm not a huge LLN fan, I think the VLAD TEPES / BELKETRE split might be one of the most important recordings in french BM (at least for the VLAD TEPES side). Same goes for SEIGNEUR VOLAND S/T.
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rarely seen any real conversations about Diapsiquir on metal related forums and such, but those who listen the band are really into it, myself included. I dont understand french at all but themes behind Diapsiquir is somewhat understood. French is one of the sickest languages (No offence, take this as a compliment Smile ) i've heard in this kind of music, it fits so well with the chaotic and wierd atmosphere of Virus STN. Still, theres lot of stuff i miss because linguistic barrier, thats a shame. So personally, as a foreigner, one of my all time favorite artist definately.

By the way, I'd really appreciate if somebody could translate any lyrics, especially for Virus STN. Though i heard on some forums that most of them are pretty nonsensical and hard to comprehend, so translating is not easy. Is that true?
Jankowitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the lyrics are pretty screwed up even for french people. There are general themes (like pedophilia for Generation Maudite, Penetration Intedite) but no real understandable sense overall (maybe for Toxik there is one...). At times it just seems like random sentences put together without any meaning, but it just feels right.
Translations would be a pain in the ass and you wouldn't get too much out of it I think. Just learn french. Smile
Flan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nearly impossible for everything before A.N.T.I. sadly... only few bits of the lyrics were printed, and even though I can understand many parts, others I can't. L.S.D. will be re-released on CD though, I really hope it will includes the lyrics.
Jankowitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really waiting for the L.S.D. repress, I've just listened to this album once, seems really sketchy but has really awesome parts too (like GAS and the amazing outro). Although I've heard that the CD isn't coming out before 2014.
Flan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

999 torture aposida was great indeed, and it's the perfect example of the lyrics adding a lot to the song.
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jankowitch wrote:
I'm also pretty curious about how DIAPSIQUIR is perceive in other countries.

I'm in the US. I bought Virus STN and listened, thought "what the fuck is this" and sold it to someone else pretty soon afterward. Laughing

Here's a question about French bands - what's up with the oddball way of wRitinG worDs like so? Blacklodge, StrataNael zine, etc... Then you have LLN creating their own language and Antaeus committing "satanik" audio terrorism...

Maybe the real trademark of French BM is weird linguistic trickery.
Sleep

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abgrund wrote:
Sombre Chemin - Doctrine
Exclamation
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:

You don't need to deliberately misspell French words to get that, haha. French is difficult to learn because it's almost like it's made with no rules and only exceptions when it comes to the way you write and speak it.

I'd say French bands like misspelling those words for the same reason English-speaking ones consider themselves as "nekro" or "kvlt", if you catch my drift. I think those deliberate misspellings make bands look childish.
Eternal Soul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:

Here's a question about French bands - what's up with the oddball way of wRitinG worDs like so? Blacklodge, StrataNael zine, etc... Then you have LLN creating their own language and Antaeus committing "satanik" audio terrorism...

This shit gets on my nerves. I think it implies a high degree of poseurism but I don't think it's a French thing: VVVVE, KTHRSS, Krvzifixxion, LVTHN, TTNBLD, 7C, ...

For more examples, see:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26701&sid=ccd096d4de57ae056dd045f883540eb9
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trend to omit vowels must be probably linked to the hebraic tendencies within nowadays Black-Metal.

This must be the same people that don't even know that the use of vowels had a great impact, making writing easier, and then helping knowledge to develop. Of course, they may discard this as pure material concerns, and not spiritual ones, but considering most of these people, their education and knowledge come from Western societies which all use language with written vowels, it's irony crowned king.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
This trend to omit vowels must be probably linked to the hebraic tendencies within nowadays Black-Metal.

This must be the same people that don't even know that the use of vowels had a great impact, making writing easier, and then helping knowledge to develop. Of course, they may discard this as pure material concerns, and not spiritual ones, but considering most of these people, their education and knowledge come from Western societies which all use language with written vowels, it's irony crowned king.

Pseudo-intellectual bm internet nerdism at its best. Well done teacher.
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Xeniteia wrote:

Pseudo-intellectual bm internet nerdism at its best. Well done teacher.

Of course you're well-versed on the topic. And of course you do cultivate yourself on scientific matters on a daily basis.

Of course a whole pan of nowadays BM scene doesn't use and overuse jewish imagery and tricks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: